Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow do you stop the Steelers offense ?  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How do you stop the Steelers offense ?

Go down 
+5
Buddha Bus
solardave
stlrtruck
Hawaii 5-0
steelstoned1972
9 posters
AuthorMessage
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  Empty
PostSubject: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:42 am

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/7/10/8928277/how-do-you-stop-the-steelers-offense-according-to-espn-com-it-is-near?utm_campaign=behindthesteelcurtain&utm_content=article%3Atop&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook#

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Jamison Hensley, Ravens:

The key is putting them in predictable passing situations by focusing on shutting down the run and then putting pressure on Roethlisberger. The Ravens have done a good job at doing this, which is why they've held the Steelers to 20 points or fewer in three of the four meetings where Pittsburgh has had Roethlisberger, Brown and Bell. Since 2011, Roethlisberger has thrown 12 touchdowns and seven interceptions against the Ravens. When you remove that six-touchdown performance against a Jimmy Smith-less defense, he has six touchdowns and seven interceptions. Brown also has been held in check with three 100-yard games and one touchdown in 11 meetings with Baltimore. Bell's rushing totals have decreased in each of his past four games against the Ravens. This terrific trio has been tepid against Baltimore.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/7/10/8928277/how-do-you-stop-the-steelers-offense-according-to-espn-com-it-is-near
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 10:09 pm

I don't care what they do to our offense as long as we end up with more points at the end of the game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 7:20 am

The Rats don't have Ngata anymore and Thuggs is due for a decline in health. I don't think they will be as good at stopping the run, kind of like us the last 3 years. As far as us throwing the ball Ben just needs a little more time. Once again no Ngata and a line with more time playing together ought to solve this. Health on the o-line is what I see as a key factor for us. How is anyone going to stop Ben,Bell,Brown,Bryant,Wheaton,Miller and now Coates and James. Yes I said James. I think he makes the 53 man roster. That's my bold prediction.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 8:59 am

solardave wrote:
The Rats don't have Ngata anymore and Thuggs is due for a decline in health. I don't think they will be as good at stopping the run, kind of like us the last 3 years. As far as us throwing the ball Ben just needs a little more time. Once again no Ngata and a line with more time playing together ought to solve this. Health on the o-line is what I see as a key factor for us. How is anyone going to stop Ben,Bell,Brown,Bryant,Wheaton,Miller and now Coates and James. Yes I said James. I think he makes the 53 man roster. That's my bold prediction.

I've also heard reports that Suggs came into OTAs out of shape and pretty flabby. Ask LaMarr Woodley how that works out for you.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 9:17 am

solardave wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ngata's departure. Timmy Jernigan filled in pretty well during Ngata's 4-game suspension last season. I'm actually more concerned with the loss of Pernell McPhee, who did a great job getting to the QB in obvious passing situations.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 4:03 pm

[quote="JonM229"]
solardave wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ngata's departure.  Timmy Jernigan filled in pretty well during Ngata's 4-game suspension last season.  I'm actually more concerned with the loss of Pernell McPhee, who did a great job getting to the QB in obvious passing situations.[/quote

It doesn't matter who we lose or who you lose we can look forward to a street brawl every time we play. It's as close to real football as we can now get.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm

solardave wrote:
It doesn't matter who we lose or who you lose we can look forward to a street brawl every time we play. It's as close to real football as we can now get.

Very true.  I was recently reading an article that was commenting on how the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight was technically a great fight, if you are a boxing purist.  I've had people comment on how boring Ravens-Steelers games are, as they're typically low-scoring affairs.  I say, those games are way better than shootouts because it actually says something when you can score some points.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:21 am

JonM229 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Very true.  I was recently reading an article that was commenting on how the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight was technically a great fight, if you are a boxing purist.  I've had people comment on how boring Ravens-Steelers games are, as they're typically low-scoring affairs.  I say, those games are way better than shootouts because it actually says something when you can score some points.

If you happen to be a fan of either team the games are anything but boring. Nail biters comes to mind. A lot of holy shit why can't we do something type statements. LOL Boring? No Way.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 9:40 am

solardave wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
solardave wrote:

If you happen to be a fan of either team the games are anything but boring. Nail biters comes to mind. A lot of holy shit why can't we do something type statements. LOL Boring? No Way.

NFL isn't popular in Europe, but since watching a Steelers Ravens game in the 2006-2007 season I became a big fan. These games are for me all what's football about. I just love 'em.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:10 am

If they're all healthy and on the field you can't. You can only hope to outscore them.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Abuse Gilbert and Beachum.....

With the emergence of Bryant and Bell ready to help out Antonio....the offense seems ready to roll....

...Except for the Tackles. Bells ability to do it all, keeps defenses honest and doesn't let them pin their ears back as much as they'd like...but the Steelers Tackles are definitely the weak link and the area to attack.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the Steelers offense ?    How do you stop the Steelers offense ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you stop the Steelers offense ?
Page 1 of 1