Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho will be our #3 receiver week 1? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?

Go down 
+4
Vis
Fire Arians
jak341
ImperialFan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? Empty
PostSubject: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:32 pm

The Bryant suspension is extremely disappointing, He is a tall burner with big play potential, taking him off the field really takes yet another dimension away from our offensive in addition to Bell being out.

Clearly AB is our #1, Wheaton has shown improvement from last year and actually can pass a drug test and is a easy pick for #2 now.

Who will our 3rd wide out be? I dont know if I'm comfortable Starting a rookie like Coates week 1 but he didnt look too bad in the pre season. I think we should give him a chance to step up.

Bryant better be careful or he is going to play him self out of a great career, this is a man people have already compared to Jerry Rice and AJ Greene. Its a shame hes getting jammed up along with Bell. Think about how much better we'd be looking going into week 1 if our young talent could stay out of trouble. Even with the injuries on defense, if our offense were all there we could probably match points with the Pats*, Now it's not looking too good.

Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? 29c3yg5
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:52 pm

DHB. I think Wheaton and DHB platoon on the #2 spot.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:58 pm

I wasnt even aware DHB was still on the team.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Yep. And to think he could be #2 in Foxboro.

If he could have fixed his hands of stone, he may have been something. Although, the coaches said he had improved. I don't have a source though. I think it was a Tweet at some point.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Heyward-Bey pretty much has it. Yes he's got stone hands but also can occasionally make the big play with his speed, at the very least be a decoy.

Coates isn't ready for the regular season yet, his route running is terrible. He will be good in time but for week 1 I gotta go with experience.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:02 pm

memememememe

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 6:20 pm

I say we give Coates a shot, he looked real good in the pre season and heyward-bay is not part of the future. I think giving coates a chance to start in Bryants place would be a wonderful idea because in some ways coates reminds me of bryant and maybe coates could have a big first 4 games and establish him self as a fixture in this offense. We all know what we will get from DHB, I think coates has a higher ceiling.

coates

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 6:26 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I say we give Coates a shot, he looked real good in the pre season and heyward-bay is not part of the future. I think giving coates a chance to start in Bryants place would be a wonderful idea because in some ways coates reminds me of bryant and maybe coates could have a big first 4 games and establish him self as a fixture in this offense. We all know what we will get from DHB, I think coates has a higher ceiling.

coates

Well it doesn't matter much what you say. Wheaton has long been cemented as the number to receiver since the beginning of camp. Darrius heyward-bey has already been announced as the back up to martavis Bryant.

Sammie Coates has already been downgraded by the coaching staff for not being physically fit and NFL ready.

There is really no debate or discussion to be had on the subject, because that's how it is going into week 1.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:30 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

coates

Well it doesn't matter much what you say. Wheaton has long been cemented as the number to receiver since the beginning of camp. Darrius heyward-bey has already been announced as the back up to martavis Bryant.

Sammie Coates has already been downgraded by the coaching staff for not being physically fit and NFL ready.

There is really no debate or discussion to be had on the subject,  because that's how it is going into week 1.

Obviously I'm not going to change the coaches mind.

What if DHB comes out and drops 6 passes in the first game with 1 catch for 2 yards in a play where he tripped over his own feet? I don't understand how Coates  is not physically fit for the nfl he seems pretty athletic, I'm sure they have their reasons but cant imagine what they would be.

I just don't like DHB every time I see him in a game its something negative and sloppy that he does.

But like you said it doesnt really matter what I say

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:41 pm

DHB deserves the shot. He has experience, worked harder after last year, and physically a different player than last year.
And, if he doesn't produce you could go to Sammie. But Sammie's not ready to be the 3rd WR, at least not yet IMO.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:47 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
DHB deserves the shot.  He has experience, worked harder after last year, and physically a different player than last year.
And, if he doesn't produce you could go to Sammie.  But Sammie's not ready to be the 3rd WR, at least not yet IMO.

agreed. And as much as I hate to say it, rookies have to earn their spot, it's for the best in the long run

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

coates

There is really no debate or discussion to be had on the subject,  because that's how it is going into week 1.

What if DHB comes out and drops 6 passes in the first game with 1 catch for 2 yards in a play where he tripped over his own feet? I don't understand how Coates  is not physically fit for the nfl he seems pretty athletic, I'm sure they have their reasons but cant imagine what they would be.

I just don't like DHB every time I see him in a game its something negative and sloppy that he does.

it means he's not in football shape. He can't go 60 minutes. Antonio Brown can run up and down the field all day. Sammie Coates cant. He is not conditioned and is not in shape. He physically cannot meet the demands of a full NFL football game. That is exactly what it means, and straight from the horses mouth.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:48 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

coates

it means he's not in football shape.  He can't go 60 minutes.  Antonio Brown can run up and down the field all day. Sammie Coates cant. He is not conditioned and is not in shape. He physically cannot meet the demands of a full NFL football game. That is exactly what it means, and straight from the horses mouth.

thats a damn shame son

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Maybe the Steelers can sign Reggie Wayne - the Pats* and Wayne parted company today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?   Who will be our #3 receiver week 1? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will be our #3 receiver week 1?
Page 1 of 1