Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats

Go down 
+17
HeinzMustard
Stella Nation
kirklandrules
vasteeler
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
DesertSteel
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
Wallace108
SteelerSpartan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerEmpire
Steeler Zach
schillah
jak341
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:37 pm

Gameballs:
Individual offense play - Brown, Miller, Williams, and the O-Line had good games.
Haley - very good called game (minus that stupid gimmick play)

Goats:
Secondary  - awful. Simply awful. You can't give WRs and TEs 8 yard bubbles. You can't not know who you are covering.
Scobee - why did we give up a pick for this guy?
Ben R. - can't throw that ball to DHB and get picked at the end. You just can't.

Baby Goats:
DHB - gotta make that catch in the endzone. It was a tough catch, but you have to make it.

Going forward, I think we will be OK once we get some of the offense slop cleaned up.

We are in serious trouble with passing teams. Edelman is not a top tier WR. What are people like AJ Green, T.J. Hilton, and Demaryius Thomas going to do?

Last edited by jak341 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:45 pm

jak341 wrote:

Goats:
Secondary  - awful. Simply awful. You can't give WRs and TEs 8 yard bubbles.

The miscommunication is very concerning. What are they doing during practice??
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Gameballs:
DeAngelo Williams filled in admirably for Le'Veon Bell.
Antonio Brown was his usual productive self.

Goats:
The secondary: New England's receivers were consistently wide open throughout the entire game.
Josh Scobee: He missed two field goals.
Martavis Bryant: He could have easily had a field day against that defense, but he had to go and get himself suspended.
Redzone offense: The Steelers moved the ball at will offensively, but they managed only 21 points because of their red zone struggles.
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Patriots** Edelman vs. Steelers Blake   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:59 pm

All I got to say is SMH. #11 of the Pats* vs #41 of the Steelers

I thought Shazier would be assigned to Gronk, but no.

I'm losing confidence in this coaching staff. Their growth rate is VERY, VERY slow...

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:01 am

5 things that stood out vs. Patriots*

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

A look at what stood out for the Steelers against New England.

- Running back DeAngelo Williams recorded his 20th career regular season 100-yard rushing game. Williams finished the night with 21 carries for 127 yards. It was Williams first 100-yard rushing game since September 22, 2013. Williams also added one reception for five yards.

- Wide receiver Antonio Brownextended his NFL record streak to 33 consecutive games with at least five receptions for 50 yards. Brown also now has 19 consecutive games with at least five catches for 70 yards, also an NFL record. Brown finished the night with 9 receptions for 133 yards, his 17th 100-yard receiving game.

- Tight end Heath Miller finished the night with eight receptions for 84 yards. It’s the 51st time he has had at least 50 receiving yards in a regular season game, ranking him third among active NFL tight ends. Miller also moved into second place on the Steelers’ all-time reception list.

- Rookie Bud Dupree got his first career sack early in the first quarter when he got to quarterback Tom Brady for no gain.

- Will Johnson scored his first career rushing touchdown, a one-yard run in the third quarter.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/5-things-that-stood-out-vs-Patriots*/f2a8c8f0-5047-40e1-925b-d5b3dcea4ac6
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 am

Glad to see Bud get a sack. Hope it's the first of many with us. It's amazing how consistently good AB is. I'd draft him in FF if I played.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:05 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Glad to see Bud get a sack. Hope it's the first of many with us. It's amazing how consistently good AB is. I'd draft him in FF if I played.

I got him in the 1st round. Between him, Brady, and Heath, I already got about 60% of my predicted fantasy points for the week. I also got Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper starting on Sunday.

Last edited by jak341 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:06 am

Everybody got in on the little screw ups that won't allow you to beat decent NFL level teams.....

Maybe you can pull this crap against the bottom dwellers of the league and still pull one out of your ass but the majority of the time it's going to get you Ls.

Top Goats go to the coaching staff for yet another sloppy preparation effort to start the season.
This stuff is a little disheartening......for the past couple years now the Steelers waltz into the season looking like they had put in very little off season work.

I don't even think I need to talk about the defense and all the brain farting going on with the DBs trying to get lined up....I still hold out hope though that they can get good enough to keep us in it and contend.....but it's a kick in the balls that it seems like the momentum they had going toward the end of the year last year has been all but washed away......And it could take into mid to late season again for them to start clicking.

I was only really going to go off on Haley for that dumbass playcall on the first series.....but Ben just had to throw that mind numbing pick......WTF Man.....we cannot have that out of you anymore......Ben you can't do that sh**, the defense isn't ready yet.

I could throw DHB in but....what did you expect....that's his MO, and we all knew with the Bell and Bryant gone crap like that blown TD catch was going to happen.

Sccobee wtf....one of the best kickers around....and of course you come to The Steelers an all of a sudden you start shanking those sons a bitches. Hope you got it out of your system.

All that said what matters now is what they do next......there's no time to be going through the motions. They got to clean up the mental mistakes, get locked in and  get ready for SF.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:10 am

Quote :
- Rookie Bud Dupree got his first career sack early in the first quarter when he got to quarterback Tom Brady for no gain.

Was that a sack? I didn't see the official stats, but if Brady got back to the line of scrimmage, as I thought he did, then it's not a sack.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:11 am

schillah wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Goats:

probably not listening to the Patriots* radio broadcast on the Coach headsets.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:13 am

There is usually only one game ball and it goes to the winning team. The Steelers player of the game was DeAngelo Williams. The goat was our new kicker scoby.

If he makes two kicks, ben probably isn't throwing a boneheaded hell Mary interception with seven minutes to go left in the game

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:14 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

Was that a sack? I didn't see the official stats, but if Brady got back to the line of scrimmage, as I thought he did, then it's not a sack.
you are right it was not a sac but I think registered as a tackle for minimal gain.

. .
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:22 am

tony hipchest wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Quote :

you are right it was not a sac but I think registered as a tackle for minimal gain.

I'm not sure if ESPN has official stats, but they credit Dupree with a sack: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791485

It looked to me like it was a tackle for no gain, like the quoted story says. It's not a huge deal either way, other than us knowing whether it is or isn't Dupree's first career sack.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:24 am

Williams, AB, Ben, O-line and the D- run stop had good games.

D-secondary has some growing to do, leaving Drunk unattended like that, really???
Scobeeeee stunk
WTF was that play calling??? Yea Williams had a good game by default but what did NE do? Attack our secondary with a pass happy game. I seriously thought the coaching staff would have seen the great job in pass block the O-line was doing and opened it up more in the second half, cant wait til there is 5 minutes left in the game to do this! I swear I cant count the amount of times I thought ok here is the play fake we are waiting for and BOOM, Williams gets the ball...

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:25 am

I thought the OL did a decent job without Pouncey.. and was encouraged to see DW getting some yards in the running game.

let's pray they don't suffer anymore injuries.....if they can stay healthy hopefully they'll be able to keep it rolling....

I'm still worried about our OTs though....and not sure if they can hold up against Guys like Suggs and dumerville.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:27 am

DeAngelo Williams is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

DeAngelo Williams posted a 100-yard game in his first outing for the Steelers.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – It was his debut in a Steelers uniform, and DeAngelo Williams showed why signing him was the team’s best move of the offseason. Starting for Le’Veon Bell, who is suspended for the first two games, Williams rushed for 127 yards on 21 carries (6.0 average) and he also caught one pass for 5 more yards.

Williams is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were Antonio Brown, who caught nine passes for 133 yards and a touchdown, and he also continued his streak of catching at least five passes for 50 yards; Heath Miller, who caught seven passes for 66 yards and drew a pass interference penalty in the end zone that put the ball at the New England 1-yard line; Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 26-of-38 for 351 yards, with one touchdown and one interception for a rating of 95.4; Ryan Shazier, who had seven tackles, including two for loss; and Will Allen, who had eight tackles, including one for loss, plus one of the Steelers’ two sacks of Tom Brady.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Williams-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/88abc02d-69d4-4180-bdea-198290757999
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:53 am

^^^By default, see my post above. Taking nothing away from him, he did a great job when called upon, which was way too often IMO!

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 12:57 am

tony hipchest wrote:
schillah wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Goats:

probably not listening to the Patriots** radio broadcast on the Coach headsets.

Tomlin Says Steelers Always Have Radio Communication Problems In Foxboro

The Pittsburgh Steelers dropped their 2015 regular season opener 28-21 to the New England Patriots* Thursday night and according to head coach Mike Tomlin, the coaching staff had problems communicating with each other on their headsets early on in the game.

“We were listening to the Patriots* radio broadcast for the majority of the first half on our headsets,” Tomlin said after the game.

The head coach went on to say that that’s not the first time they have had problems communicating with each other when they play the Patriots* in Foxboro.

“That’s always the case,” he said.

Tomlin went on to say that they alerted the officials on the sideline and let them handle things. It should also be noted that Tomlin never blamed the problems on the Patriots* specifically...

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/tomlin-says-steelers-always-have-radio-communication-problems-in-foxboro/
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:07 am

He took the high road as always. I wouldn't have been as charitable.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:14 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
schillah wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Goats:

probably not listening to the Patriots*** radio broadcast on the Coach headsets.

Tomlin Says Steelers Always Have Radio Communication Problems In Foxboro

The Pittsburgh Steelers dropped their 2015 regular season opener 28-21 to the New England Patriots** Thursday night and according to head coach Mike Tomlin, the coaching staff had problems communicating with each other on their headsets early on in the game.

“We were listening to the Patriots** radio broadcast for the majority of the first half on our headsets,” Tomlin said after the game.

The head coach went on to say that that’s not the first time they have had problems communicating with each other when they play the Patriots** in Foxboro.

“That’s always the case,” he said.

Tomlin went on to say that they alerted the officials on the sideline and let them handle things. It should also be noted that Tomlin never blamed the problems on the Patriots** specifically...

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/09/tomlin-says-steelers-always-have-radio-communication-problems-in-foxboro/
Steelers Depot missed it here. The Steelers rarely play in Foxboro. Tomlin was pretty much intimating that all teams have radio communication problems in Foxboro including the few times the Steelers have played there with him is Coach.

They asked Tomlin if he was satisfied with the resolution. His response was "we will be".

Stay tuned... Mr Rooney is going to put some heat on Roger Goodell.

She can't cover up for the Patriots* cheating forever. No teams have ever had problems with radio communications when they go to Heinz Field.

. .
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:27 am

Jarvis Jones is.......... still a BUST
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:42 am

DesertSteel wrote:
Jarvis Jones is.......... still a BUST
he played pretty good tonight vs a left tackle who was just given a 10 million dollar contract extension two days ago. That left tackle was benched for sucking so bad against him and James Harrison. It's something to build on. To be fair, Lawrence Taylor wasn't gonna get a sack on Brady tonight.

. .
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:15 am

GAMEBALLS:

Ben Roethlisberger - Outside of one interception on a badly underthrown pass Ben was pretty good all night. It didn't help when DHB dropped a TD pass because he decided to use his body to make a catch rather than his hands. He was also without Martavis Bryant, and Le'Veon Bell and still managed to go for 350yds passing.

DeAngelo Williams - Excellent game. Still has plenty of pep in his step. Displayed some flashes of his old speed, and he is a patient runner that waits for his blocks to develop and hits open running lanes hard. Extremely happy we have him on our roster to fill in for Bell, and to back him up.

Antonio Brown - Excellent. Despite not having Martavis Bryant on the field and getting extra attention from the Patriots** secondary he still managed to light them up. It's going to be a scary offense when Bryant comes back... Who do you cover?

GOATS:

The Defense - As pathetic a showing as I've ever seen. Headset issues notwithstanding. Missed assignments, out of position, poor tackling, penalties, no pressure on the QB... They played poorly in every facet of the game and their only sack came when Will Allen was allowed to run to Brady unblocked. Otherwise Brady stood in the pocket relatively untouched all game long. The Gronkowski TDs were inexcusable. They were far too easy, especially for a player like Gronkowski. There's no reason ILBs should be isolated in 1 on 1 with Gronkowski in the red zone, nor should a safety like Will Allen be tasked to covering him 1 on 1. They claimed they were going to jam him up every which way and they failed epically in that regard. The play where Gronkowski lined up wide and was completely uncovered was beyond pathetic. It was mind numbingly stupid. I don't remember if the coaches had a timeout, but one should've been called if they had one... Either way, the players looked confused at various points throughout the game... This is the NFL, you are a professional, do your job.

The Coaching Staff - I think a lot of the defensive issues also fall on the coaching staff, namely Keith Butler. They had to "simplify" the defense for the players? That's laughable in my opinion. These guys are supposed to be pros. The best of the best... They sure as hell didn't look like it, not in the least. Butler needs to rally this defense, and get them to understand the basic concepts and fundamentals of the game. The clock management was abysmal. We wasted precious time on numerous occasions failing to use timeouts to leave ourselves time on the clock... Inexcusable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:25 am

Gameballs:
Williams: For a man many thought was beyond his years, he showed he's got football left in the tank
Brown: Making catches and moving chains
Heath: Old reliable, and never gets the recognition he deserves

Goats:
Defense: Out of position too many times, allowing Gronk to run free
Defensive coaches: For not helping the players get in place. They have photos of the plays, and I guess they weren't using them because guys were out of place to frequently

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:42 am

game ball: Williams

Goat: Blake

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats   Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Patriots***** - Gameballs and Goats
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next