Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal Empty
PostSubject: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:55 am

By Mark Kaboly and Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Steelers and LaMarr Woodley have been engaged in contract negotiations since Monday, but it looks it there is still significant work to be done before the Steelers lock up one of the NFL's top pass rushers with a long-term contract.

"At the end of the day, you've just got to go make sure the numbers are right," Woodley said, "and when the numbers are right, hopefully, that's when I'll be done."

Woodley signed a one-year, $10 million contract last February after the Steelers used the franchise tag on the four-year veteran.

The Steelers didn't need to sign Woodley to a longer deal to get in compliance with the salary cap by today. They have until Sept. 11 to reach an agreement. That is the date of the opener at Baltimore, and the Steelers have a long-standing policy of not engaging in negotiations during the regular season.

Read more: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_749906.html#ixzz1U26OfSSI

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:54 am

I'm confident a deal will get done, but man, there were some big LB signings already. Beason and Harris signed really big deals, and while Harris is good, 4 years 36 million is insane.

I don't see Woodley taking that much but Shocked Woody Johnson is turning into Al Davis and Dan Snyder OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 3798349058

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:10 am

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
I'm confident a deal will get done, but man, there were some big LB signings already. Beason and Harris signed really big deals, and while Harris is good, 4 years 36 million is insane.

I don't see Woodley taking that much but Shocked Woody Johnson is turning into Al Davis and Dan Snyder OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 3798349058

I've read a lot of Woodley's posts on Facebook. If he's a genuine guy, as he appears to be, he's going to stay with the Steelers. If he's a complete fake, then he's going to take the money and run. At this point, there's no way of knowing. But if I had to put money on it, I'd bet that Woodley is going to be a Steeler for a long time.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:44 am

I'd like to see him locked up long term to be a STEELER 4 LIFE!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:32 am

I actually don't think he'll be greedy, but just like with Ike (or not maybe) who knows where the negotiations will go.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
I actually don't think he'll be greedy, but just like with Ike (or not maybe) who knows where the negotiations will go.
Yeah, there's no way of knowing for sure. Guys I thought would stay have left. And guys I though would leave have stayed. I thought for sure Ike would be gone.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:11 am

Updated: August 5, 2011, 8:29 AM ET
Source: LaMarr Woodley signs new deal
ESPN.com news services

Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker LaMarr Woodley has signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract that is thought to be the second-highest deal in team history behind only Ben Roethlisberger's, a source familiar with the agreement told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday morning.

Woodley's deal will pay $18.1 million in the first year and $27 million over the first two, the source said.

Woodley, who has 39 career sacks in four seasons, had been designated with the franchise tag by the Steelers.

He was named to the Pro Bowl in 2009, when he recorded a career-high 13½ sacks with 62 tackles, 50 of which were solo. He had 10 sacks with 50 tackles last season.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YES! 6 years knowing we still get to bring The Wood! OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 1372836603 OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 3056903510 OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 792589548

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:02 pm

OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 1372836603 OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal   OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal Empty

Back to top Go down

OLB Woodley, Steelers working toward deal
Page 1 of 1