Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWould we consider bringing in another QB? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Would we consider bringing in another QB?

Go down 
+13
Hawaii 5-0
DesertSteel
Drizztbob
Vis
LambertLunatic
solardave
tony hipchest
Bert Gordon
jak341
Steel Peon
WVABE
BlackAndGold
ImperialFan
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Would we consider bringing in another QB? Empty
PostSubject: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:19 pm

With Ben down for a significant amount of time I doubt that we are going to feel comfortable with Vick who is injury prone him self and a incompetent landry jones as his only back up. What would we do in this case? Vick is probably about as good as any other quarterback out there that we could some how pick up, but might we consider bringing someone in off the practice squad or something like that and if so are there any names that come to mind?

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:14 pm

If Ben's season is over they'll most likely sign a QB to the PS. Don't see them signing one to the 53.

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Tebow Would we consider bringing in another QB? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Ive been doing lots of reading about the situation tonight and although there is no credible source to say it would actually happen, there is some chatter of bringing Tebow in so we can at least run the option.

I would probably trust tebow more than I would vick after what I saw today, but he would be completely unfamiliar with our playbook and would only be even a semi realistic option if ben is in fact out for the season imo, and even then probably not. But Tebow v Vick? I dunnooooo

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:58 pm

WVABE wrote:
Tebow Would we consider bringing in another QB? 1797695198

After the way Vick looked, I wouldn't say no, and God help me I'm even thinking Landry might be better.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:05 pm

I don't want to see Tebow any where near Heinz Field, unless Pitt is playing an SEC team.

Vick looked bad today, but I need to see a full week before I pass judgement.
Back to top Go down
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Trading for a Tarvaris Jackson type would be ideal, but he specifically would cost too much in a swap.

Someone like a Colt McCoy or Charlie Whitehurst doesn't seem like a better option than Vick. They're too milktoast to be effective in long stretches.

You know who's an intriguing option? Mike Glennon. Kid has displayed a little talent in the pros and the Bucs are all in on Jameis. Can't imagine why they'd want to keep him around beyond c-blocking others.

The Steelers should trade for the Giraffe.

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:19 am

No

. .
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:56 am

Ben is out 4-6. No need to look for a QB.
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 am

Tebow would actually make a lot of sense.

I know some folks have deep feelings about him based on non-football issues, but it makes our offense more potent. He'd be the scatback that Archer was supposed to be. Although he may not be able to catch the ball, he can throw it at a near QB level out of the RB position. Remember, it was 20 years ago this year that Kordell became Slash out of an injury nesessity. Why not Slash 2? And for you naysayers, to sweeten the pot, he takes Archer's roster spot.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:33 am

LambertLunatic wrote:

I know some folks have deep feelings about him based on non-football issues, but it makes our offense more potent.  He'd be the scatback that Archer was supposed to be.  Although he may not be able to catch the ball, he can throw it at a near QB level out of the RB position.  Remember, it was 20 years ago this year that Kordell became Slash out of an injury nesessity.  Why not Slash 2?   And for you naysayers, to sweeten the pot, he takes Archer's roster spot.

How does he make an offense more powerful when he can't throw? There's a reason Philly cut him.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:34 am

tony hipchest wrote:
No

agreed-I made this under the assumption Bens season was over.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:41 am

Vis wrote:
LambertLunatic wrote:

I know some folks have deep feelings about him based on non-football issues, but it makes our offense more potent.  He'd be the scatback that Archer was supposed to be.  Although he may not be able to catch the ball, he can throw it at a near QB level out of the RB position.  Remember, it was 20 years ago this year that Kordell became Slash out of an injury nesessity.  Why not Slash 2?   And for you naysayers, to sweeten the pot, he takes Archer's roster spot.

How does he make an offense more powerful when he can't throw?  There's a reason Philly cut him.  

Seconded.

Tebow is done as an NFL QB. He couldn't land a spot with the Broncos (after the season), Jets, Pats** (who have a reputation of turning milk delivery boys into Pro Bowl caliber players), and the Eagles.

Why would we want him here in Pittsburgh and what exactly would he bring to the table? Between Archer and Tebow, I would keep Archer 100 times out of 100 with the hope he can develop into a PR / KR person. Tebow isn't going to develop any further.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:14 am

And the rumor mills are flying. Now, it's RG3 to the Steelers.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/will-the-pittsburgh-steelers-get-desperate-enough-to-trade-for-rg3
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:16 am

jak341 wrote:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/will-the-pittsburgh-steelers-get-desperate-enough-to-trade-for-rg3

As a fill in for 6 weeks, I'd rather get Colt McCoy. At least we know he'll study the playbook.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:26 am

Tebow would be a fine 3rd stringer emergency QB because you KNOW Vick won't stay healthy for 6 weeks.

DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 5:35 pm

I say that we try to trade for Aaron Rodgers.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 5:50 pm

jak341 wrote:

no thanks...

Would we consider bringing in another QB? Rg3-and-out-meme

Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 5:55 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
I say that we try to trade for Aaron Rodgers.
Wouldn't that awesome. Believe it or not but I always hope for Ryan Mallett as a back up.
He has a lot of proving to do in the NFL but I believe one day he'll be a top 12 QB.
Now that's in the future maybe but he still may turn out to be a flop.
He sure was fun to watch at Arkansas.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Vis wrote:
jak341 wrote:

As a fill in for 6 weeks, I'd rather get Colt McCoy.  At least we know he'll study the playbook.  

That's what I was thinking. I watched McCoy in preseason and I'm like "why the hell not give this guy a shot?"....still would be better than Jones and I'm not yet sold on Vick.

I just question Pittsburgh's lack of attention at depth for a QB. Landry and Gradkowski.....blech. Come on, they had to know they were gonna lose Ben at some point. Players get hurt and our O line was NOT playing well on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:31 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

no thanks...

Would we consider bringing in another QB? Rg3-and-out-meme

I say no thanks to Bob Griffin.

when you are that bad of a player, you don't deserve to have a nickname.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:54 pm

RG3 was actually awesome his first season. I thought he out performed Luck in some aspects. I remember some very good deep passes and some good runs he made. He is basically vick-10 years but shittier. I dont really want him either. If we did go out and get another QB Id vote for Colt McCoy or Tebow to be honest. Not that its going to happen or anything.

certainly lets see how vick does thursday. If its a disaster I would really vote to bring in ANYBODY because I dont trust Landry.... but we all know we would just plug landry in. He is garbage.

Regardless I think Vick will do better than people expect. He was at one time probably a top 5 or 6 quarterback, when he played for atlanta. He isnt that guy anymore but he still played well for the eagles, and being 35 does not make you too old, there are plenty of quarterbacks older than that Brady and Peyton for example,  except they are great passers and not even really comparable to vicks play style. Lets just wait and see, I really think Vick has something left in the tank and that he will be accurate enough to pull off some big plays to Brown. I saw it in the pre season and even a glimpse of it in last week game, on a pass to Bell. Its not like vick came out and threw 3 interceptions, he actually had a few good passes.  Im not always right but I'm standing by my prediction that Vick will perform better than people think. He wont do great but I could see 2TD and 1 INT and 311 yards and a fumble, 39 yards rushing. I picked him up on my fantasy team, thats how confident I am. (it was him or eli) I know those arent great fantasy stat but thats a strategy I often use, for example when i knew bell was out for 2 games I still took him in round one, then took D-Wil in a later round so as soon as bells suspension was up I could drop williams and go FA fishing, which is what I will do when Ben comes back. Enough about my fantasy team though.

Just think about how vick must feel. He is playing on the best team is he ever going to play for, he knows not many people have faith in him, he knows he is hated. He has a lot to prove so I'm sure he is going to give it his all in pittsburgh. He has all the support he needs and will even be getting advice from Ben. My Bold Prediction for this week is that vick has over 300 yards passing and at least 2 passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown and only one pick. and that he will bust off a couple of of good rushing plays.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:27 pm

i found this to be an insightful article.

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Todd Haley had the Jugs machine reversed to simulate passes popping out of it as spinning off a left-hander because that’s how Mike Vick throws and that’s what receivers such as Antonio Brown must get accustomed to seeing.

“You have to prepare,” said Brown, whose rapport with Ben Roethlisberger is second to none among receiver/quarterback combinations in the NFL.

“It doesn’t matter how the ball is thrown, our job is to catch the ball.”

Vick and Brown have spent as much time as they can on the field and off — and Brown adding more with the re-calibrated Jugs — to try to learn as much about each other before the game Thursday night against Baltimore at Heinz Field. Brown, who led the NFL in receiving last season, is second this year by 4 yards with 436 after three games.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE AT

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/30/Steelers-notebook-Left-handed-QB-Vick-will-force-receivers-to-make-significant-adjustments/stories/201509300135

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:28 pm

Ryan Leaf was just released form jail, again

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Is Jeff George available?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would we consider bringing in another QB?   Would we consider bringing in another QB? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would we consider bringing in another QB?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next