Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeI still like our chances... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

I still like our chances...

Go down 
+10
Wallace108
Stella Nation
jak341
teegre
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Dave75th
SoCalFan
SteelersNorth
ImperialFan
DesertSteel
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

I still like our chances... Empty
PostSubject: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:17 pm

If we can limit the loss column to 4 or 5 until Ben gets back, I can see us going on a role (if we find a kicker). The D gave up some yardage on the ground last night, but also made lots of splash plays. Let's get Shazier back and continue to mature on D, as a unit. I can see a hot 10-6 team going into the playoffs. This D is way better than I thought they would be.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Yeah. If only Ben hadnt got injured we would be right there with the Pats* and Packers. Now were going to have to dig our selves out of a hole. I Think been will be back in time for both bengles games, as he was walking around pretty nicely last night. If we can sweep the bengle then beat baltimore @ baltimore we should be good. We need a new kicker though we cant win with this guy. He missed from 41 last night...41. I used to think suisham sucked but at least he was money up to 50 yards. Although anything 50 plus was a guaranteed miss

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:34 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Yeah. If only Ben hadnt got injured we would be right there with the Pats** and Packers. Now were going to have to dig our selves out of a hole. I Think been will be back in time for both bengles games, as he was walking around pretty nicely last night. If we can sweep the bengle then beat baltimore @ baltimore we should be good. We need a new kicker though we cant win with this guy. He missed from 41 last night...41. I used to think suisham sucked but at least he was money up to 50 yards. Although anything 50 plus was a guaranteed miss

All pro kickers should make everything from 40 and in.
41-45 in my estimation should be 80% weather could play a factor ie snow or an insane tornado like last night.
from 46-49 I'd say should be 75% of the time.
50 and up should be roughly 60% of the time, reason I say that is that some of the kicks even Scobee has made from 40 are so far up the net he could boot it from 50 plus easy.

Just an observation when you see certain FGs from far out lots of guys have the leg, I guess its just a matter of how they kick it in the moment.

Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:37 pm

I think that 9-7 will get into the playoffs this year.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 4:51 pm

And once in, I think we can beat anyone if at full strength. I'm not worried, frustrated but not worried!

Last edited by SoCalFan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 5:33 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
And once in I think we can beat anyone if at full strength.

If the damage is limited while Ben is out you definitely still have a chance. At full strength you're dangerous. But, going to Gillette in January and beating New England is a tall order.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Dave75th wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

If the damage is limited while Ben is out you definitely still have a chance. At full strength you're dangerous. But, going to Gillette in January and beating New England is a tall order.

Tall indeed.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Dave75th wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

Cant argue with that. Would be nice if Gronk is sidelined during.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:39 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
And once in, I think we can beat anyone if at full strength. I'm not worried, frustrated but not worried!

This.

(Good thread.)

Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:45 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

Cant argue with that. Would be nice if Gronk is sidelined during.

Yeah, all you have to do is look at recent history. Gronkless New England teams don't make it all the way. Besides, it's early, anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 8:15 am

Interesting article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/steelers--identity-crisis-goes-deeper-than-michael-vick-s-sub-role-for-big-ben-064528632.html
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 pm

My biggest fear is that they are forced to bring brack Ben in too early and that he aggravates his injury.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
My biggest fear is that they are forced to bring brack Ben in too early and that he aggravates his injury.

Agreed. And that's what makes Sunday's loss even harder to swallow. We're going to suffer some losses, so it's vital that we win the games that we should win to avoid a sense of desperation.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Agreed. And that's what makes Sunday's loss even harder to swallow. We're going to suffer some losses, so it's vital that we win the games that we should win to avoid a sense of desperation.

Exactly
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:31 pm

When it comes to Ben's long term health my bet is ownership will have a say - Tomlin can hire & fire kickers at will but he does not have such freedom with the franchise QB

AJRII fired Arians because he was tired of seeing Ben get beat up - if the Steelers are 2-4 I do not think he will sign off on bringing Ben back earlier to keep alive a wildcard chance and risk a more severe injury at the start of a big contract

Tomlin wanted to sign Vick - now Tomlin can figure out how to make that work
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:57 pm

I agree, even in the 2 losses we were very much in the game. the last game the kicker blew it 100%, and if he doesn't miss 2 against NE, it would have been down to the wire.

With an average kicker we're at the very least 3-1 and possibly 4-0
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Agreed, our chances are very good if we have a dependable kicker. Defense is getting better by the game and even with Ben out, the offense is ok with Vick. If we had suisham were 3-1 and had a good chance of being 4-0.

Hoping the new kicker is dependable, we're getting Bryant back and I expect Vick to open things up a bit more in San Diego
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:15 pm

Hopefully the power of us all agreeing wih each other will get us some Ws
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I still like our chances...   I still like our chances... Empty

Back to top Go down

I still like our chances...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: