Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers

Go down 
+17
IowaSteeler927
FrancoLambert
Hawaii 5-0
BlackAndGold
lotas
Rhyno
DesertSteel
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
tony hipchest
Chaotic Zen
SteelCity4Life
Steelcitian
Atlanta Dan
Vis
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FrancoLambert

On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Rhyno wrote:
Vis wrote:
Arizona's 2nd trip to the eastern time zone in a row and a 1:00 start time gives us an advantage.  

This might be old news, but the Cardinals did not return home after their last game. They are staying at The Greenbrier in West Virginia.[/quote]

Good.  A week at the Greenbrier will soften up anyone.   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 3337014354      On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 230572241
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:45 am

lotas wrote:
It's funny to see how dismissive the Cards fans are of our defense on their forums. They think our defense is weak and underdeveloped; they may be in for a big surprise.

I agree, the Rams beat them because their defense could get to the quarterback. I think they posted something like 4 sacks. If you can pressure Palmer you can beat the Cardinals. We beat the Rams, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to beat the Cardinals. I'd be a little more worried if there was at least one victory on the Cards' schedule so far that was against a higher quality opponent. The one high quality defense they've face so far beat them. They're either smoke and mirrors, or they're for real. We'll find out Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:19 am

lotas wrote:
It's funny to see how dismissive the Cards fans are of our defense on their forums. They think our defense is weak and underdeveloped; they may be in for a big surprise.

But let's be honest, our defense is the weakest it's been in years. We have players that are underdeveloped. However, it seems what the cards fans are missing is the fact every week they get better and better and the holes are filled, the mistakes are minimized, and the killer mentality is starting to come alive again.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:47 am

Todd Haley does not think a key to the game is more passes to Antonio Brown

A day after Brown asked Vick to “trust him” and throw him the ball more, Haley didn't want to hear about a receiver requesting more passes thrown his way, especially after a win.

“Last week, did he get the ball enough?” Haley said of Brown. “Yep. We won, so that's all that's important right now.” ...

“Mike has done a tremendous job putting us in position to have a chance to win two games,” Haley said. “This week, it will be no different (in the approach). It will be about trying to get a win with a quarterback that hasn't been here a whole lot of time and has to continue to do the things he is doing, which is protecting the football, first and foremost.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9271120-74/vick-haley-ball

In other words, to paraphrase Mike Tomlin's ream out of Willie Parker in 2008 when Parker was complaining about the running game, the Steelers walk past 6 Lombardis every day at their facility, not 6 receiving titles.

IMO if the Steelers had lost to the Chargers this week would have seen a lot more acrimony - Haley presumably had the go ahead from Tomlin to tell Brown to stuff it after Tomlin called out Ben & Vick for claiming credit for the Wheaton TD pass while saying he was not pleased by Ben tossing passes to Wheaton in pregame warm-ups
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:10 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Let BR7 keep calling the plays.  I read where he drew up the play to Wheaton for the TD and he also called the final play that Bell scored on.

I think the energy in that stadium is going to be off the hook thanks to that win.  It's Wednesday and I am STILL pumped thinking about Monday night's game.  If I was going to Heinz Field this weekend after that win and getting to play Palmer and Arians, I would be losing my mind.

Maybe calling the plays, because Vick can't audible for crap, but the plays were still drawn up by and run in practice via Haley. (Know you're not a hater like some, but geesh, some fans just don't get that other part...)

As for energy, I can't freaking wait... we had our hearts ripped out with that damn Ravens game! And we'd all like nothing more than to shut up the Crash-like fans who keep telling us how Arians is the second coming!

http://steelcityunderground.com
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:24 pm

I think we see quite a bit of gadget and trick plays on Sunday.... in lieu of opening things up with Vick.

Bell has zero pass attempts at this point of his career...... I say we see his first one against the Cards.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:28 pm

If Martavis Bryant plays, I think we approach the game plan a lot more aggressively. They won't be able to focus on AB the same way with Bryant in the lineup.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:38 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
If Martavis Bryant plays, I think we approach the game plan a lot more aggressively. They won't be able to focus on AB the same way with Bryant in the lineup.

Anyone see the coaches' film to know if AB is getting open?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 pm

No Allen, same old same old with no Shazier, and probably no Jarvis Jones on Sunday - not the best situation for stopping Arizona

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:21 pm

Sucks about Shazier but Spence has been playing well in his place.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:32 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I'm starting to get the idea that this is Shazier's profile..........

Maybe a move to Safety isn't a bad idea after all....
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Motivation!-

On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 6_3939259
                                   Palmer!- ''We all hate Pittsburgh.''

On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 $_35On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 12366219_460520250799399_6507014700224562339_n
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:41 pm

On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 ZRvFs5g

I'm cautiously optimistic. Sucks to have these guys getting hurt on defense when they've been on the up rise and proving everyone they're not as bad as what others thought.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:27 pm

SteelCity4Life wrote:
On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 ZRvFs5g

I'm cautiously optimistic. Sucks to have these guys getting hurt on defense when they've been on the up rise and proving everyone they're not as bad as what others thought.

Lol, the WoodenDong AKA the fatass who ate his way out of Pittsburgh
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora

Larry Fitzgerald leads the NFL with eleven 20+ yard receptions. No one else in the NFL has more than eight.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora  

Larry Fitzgerald leads the NFL with eleven 20+ yard receptions. No one else in the NFL has more than eight.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Eh I'll be more impressed when they're doing that to teams with an elite level secondary. They're feasting on mediocre defenses and running up the scores on bad teams. One quality defense so far that they've played, and they ended up losing that game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 10:41 am

Arizona will be tough.
Carson Palmer seems to have settled into a workmanlike role, the running game is solid and the defense is a good one and Arians really wants to beat the organization that showed him the door.

I wish Ben was healthy because I'm afraid that without him and the chemistry he has with the offense, this could get ugly.

Fingers crossed, but a loss by us wouldn't surprise me.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 11:08 am

Glad Big Dan is back. Less snaps for Cam Thomas.

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 4:17 pm

45 degrees and 12 mph wind forecast at kickoff

Football weather as the new kicker gets introduced to Heinz Field conditions

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:59 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
I'm starting to get the idea that this is Shazier's profile..........

Maybe a move to Safety isn't a bad idea after all....

Wow what the hell is up with Shazier. He can't seem to stay healthy. Hes tall and fast enough to play a FS or SS position. I just don't think the steelers are going to try that. Shazier needs to learn how to play more carefully. I mean he was an absolute monster in week 2 so we know he has it in him. I really hope this is just a bad luck, wrong space wrong time type this as opposed to someone just who is injury prone and never play more than 8 games a season...Gotta keep him right where he is and hope he can play carefully but still be extremely aggressive

I was really hoping he would be back this week, theres no doubt in my mind he would extremely helpful against a very good team. At least Tuitt, Heyward, and Dupree are playing well but adding Shazier would make a lot of pressure on Palmer.

We all saw what vick was capable of last week when he marched us down the field, he looked justed like the guy who was on the Falcons. I'm sure that gave him more confidence and he has also had another week to get used to the system. Either way we are going to have to give Bell and D-lo the ball a lot, vick starts slinging that thing all over the field hes gonna get picked.

The secondary is much improved. Cockrell is looking like he should keep his starting job along with Blake, he is probably the bast tackling CB we have. I haven't even noticed Gay on the field this year.

PostSubject: Re: On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers   On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

On to the Cardinals... Keys to the game NFL Week 6 Cardinals at Steelers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2