Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"

Go down 
+4
Atlanta Dan
solardave
tony hipchest
teegre
8 posters
AuthorMessage
teegre

teegre

RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   Empty
PostSubject: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Here is my three reasons why (three plays) the Steelers lost to the Chiefs.

Three-and-Out
by Tiger Rowan

In general, wins and losses hinge upon just a handful of plays. A single play can affect the entirety of a game. This past Sunday’s outing against the Chiefs was the epitome of that and the loss can be boiled down to just three plays.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/tpop-recap-of-steelers-vs-chiefs-three-plays-and-out/

Feel free to pass this along to anyone who you might think would be interested in reading it.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:36 pm

i totally agree with the 3 plays.  they were back breakers.  landry jones also missed wheaton wide open in the flat which killed another drive.

just like in preseason, he is good for atleast 3 bonehead throws per game.  thats made even worse when receivers are good to drop atleast 3 very catchable balls.

. .

Last edited by tony hipchest on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Yep... I forgot about that pass (to Wheaton).

I'm not trying to slam Jones; he did alright enough... but, if even one of those three plays (four plays) had been positive, the outcome would have been different.

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:45 pm

teegre wrote:
Yep... I forgot about that pass (to Wheaton).  

I'm not trying to slam Jones; he did alright enough... but, if even one of those three plays (four plays) had been positive, the outcome would have been different.  

oh yeah, jones is fine, but still is young and needs experience in pressure situations. completing those passes are "old hat" to ben. many people expected to see the 8-12, 200 yds, 2 td's landry jones from the prior week (forgetting one of his 1st passes was an int in the end zone on the 2 pt conversion).

. .
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:49 pm

True... BB made a few throws like that when he was younger (2004 AFCCG RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   294855916).

The problem that I had was with DeAmgelo Williams dropping that first down/touchdown. He HAS to help out his young QB.

Likewise, what was AB thinking when he knocked the ball into the air? I kniw that it was a crazy bounce, but again, they gotta help Landry Jones out.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:44 pm

A similar thing happened to Hines Ward in a game but that ball went off of his foot. AB has to know there are DBs in the area. If you're not gonna catch it you make damn sure no one else does either!
Williams has no excuse for not catching that pass and on the 4th and 1 I have mixed emotions. I really think at that point in the game you try the field goal but hey it's easy to second guess.

This can all be turned around with a win against the Bengals on sunday.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Yep... I immediately thought of that Hines Ward play (the ball seemed to go 30 yards in the air).

Indeed. A win on Sunday heals all of these wounds.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Agree the three plays were big

On 2 of those plays Williams was the designated back on the play not Bell - I bet that philosophy changes this week

On the drive where the Steelers had first and 10 on the 12 I thought the second down incomplete pass to the end zone (before the third down sack that led to the FG that cut the lead to 16-13) was a play that was rushed. Jones seemed to have trouble getting the play ready on time all day - not certain if that was on Jones or Haley
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 6:49 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

On 2 of those plays Williams was the designated back on the play not Bell - I bet that philosophy changes this week

On the drive where the Steelers had first and 10 on the 12 I thought the second down incomplete pass to the end zone (before the third down sack that led to the FG that cut the lead to 16-13) was a play that was rushed.  Jones seemed to have trouble getting the play ready on time all day - not certain if that was on Jones or Haley
I was going to point this out as well. We all know how great Bell's hands are, why was he not the back catching the 4th and 1 pass?

As someone pointed out it seemed as if Tomlin was patting himself on the back every time he put D.W. in the game, but c'mon man, let #26 take that shit for a touchdown.

In my opinion, we don't get Bell out in space nearly enough on screens, pitches, etc. He is so god damn dangerous out in space. I love this kid and hope he's a Steeler his whole career.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 6:56 am

lotas wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

On the drive where the Steelers had first and 10 on the 12 I thought the second down incomplete pass to the end zone (before the third down sack that led to the FG that cut the lead to 16-13) was a play that was rushed.  Jones seemed to have trouble getting the play ready on time all day - not certain if that was on Jones or Haley
I was going to point this out as well. We all know how great Bell's hands are, why was he not the back catching the 4th and 1 pass?

As someone pointed out it seemed as if Tomlin was patting himself on the back every time he put D.W. in the game, but c'mon man, let #26 take that shit for a touchdown.

In my opinion, we don't get Bell out in space nearly enough on screens, pitches, etc. He is so god damn dangerous out in space. I love this kid and hope he's a Steeler his whole career.

I agree with this. I don't think Bell has been seeing the ball as much in the passing game as he was last season.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 7:58 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

IMO Bell should be in on every third down play... so, obviously, I thought that he should have been in there on the fourth-&-one.

They need to give him a breather, so that he's not used up by January... but, Bell needs to be on the field for EVERY critical plays.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Very good read T!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

You are right. Tomlin and Haley must of been listening to the fans because he said the game plan going into the Chiefs game was for Williams to be the third down back and that probably would not be the case this week.

Forget that the fans want to see Williams. What other back in the league would you rather have in the game on 3rd down then Levy on Bell? It is a no brainer and they outthought themselves

. .
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:15 pm

fer69 wrote:
Very good read T!

Thanks, Fer.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:59 pm

Man I just wanna see this team go deep into the playoffs again (then They gotta win the superbowl) Havent seen them go past the wildcard round since 2010. Tebow beat us (dont even) and pretty sure we missed the next two years then lost to the rat birds last year in the wild card round. Can we please have a playoff win its been 5 fuckin years.

PostSubject: Re: RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"    RE-CAP:  Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"   Empty

Back to top Go down

RE-CAP: Steelers-Chiefs... "three-and-Out"
Page 1 of 1