Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhat are you currently reading? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

What are you currently reading?

Go down 
+9
Bays
Buddha Bus
supytalpeht
stlrtruck
vasteeler
mcg24
SteelCityMom
JonM229
Farrior_roirraW
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

What are you currently reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm right in the middle of Ulysses.

I love quite a few sections, some great writing so far but I think Beckett does a better Joyce than Joyce. What are you currently reading? 3798349058 But then again that's probably because I understand a lot more of Beckett's writing than Joyce's What are you currently reading? 1505004552

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm reading Blowing Smoke: Why the Right Keeps Serving Up Whack-Job Fantasies about the Plot to Euthanize Grandma, Outlaw Christmas, and Turn Junior into a Raging Homosexual. It's about how the Right has turned persecution politics into a successful recruitment tactic based on lies and fear-mongering.

Sure is tough to be a white Christian these days.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Right now my daughter and I are plowing through the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Love the movies, and the books are really funny too so far.

Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:49 pm

I don't know what it is but I cannot bring myself to read nonfiction/essays (well, outside of research for writing or college) especially about anything in the political spectrum ( What are you currently reading? 1797695198 ) but at the same time I have no problem reading philosophy.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 am

I've had a similar problem recently, only with fiction. Freakanomics was really good. I'll probably read Super Freakanomics next.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 am

Yeah, I have a friend who basically reads all nonfiction and usually never reads fiction, pretty crazy stuff. What are you currently reading? 1797695198

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:18 pm

I just received The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson today. It's been so long before I've actually read a book and then watched the movie, so I wanna get through this before the movie comes out What are you currently reading? 1797695198

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 pm

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Carver, it's pretty damn good. I definitely need to read more Carver.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

mcg24 wrote:
I just received The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson today. It's been so long before I've actually read a book and then watched the movie, so I wanna get through this before the movie comes out What are you currently reading? 1797695198

i did the same thing several years ago. the stand was getting ready to be shown on tv and i had like a week to read the book. i finished in time. excellent book crappy movie. not to mention it was about an 8 hr movie
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 am

work procedures What are you currently reading? 2625562446

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION What are you currently reading? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:21 pm

The Moviegoer by Walker Percy. It's like Mad Men before Mad Men. In New Orleans.

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:23 pm

In Our Time by Hemingway... "Indian Camp" was just as great as it was a few years ago when I read it in high school. Really good collection of short stories.

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Tropic of Cancer by Miller.

Why have I waited this long to read Henry Miller?

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm now reading Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff for my college English class.

It's actually pretty damn funny and I'm an atheist.

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Going to be reading The Hunger Games for my college English class in a few days.

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm in the middle of Steven King's "All Dark, No Stars".

I'm a sucker for a good King/Bachmann story. This collection is the best of both worlds so far. It's 4 novellas, and so far they are more in the fashion of Bachmann (which I much prefer).

If you're in the mood for some good, light reading...I highly recommend it (especially this time of year!).

supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:13 pm

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Finally got around to reading The Kite Runner and The Road, both of which were very good as well.
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:35 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Finally got around to reading The Kite Runner and The Road, both of which were very good as well.

I just bought The Road. I loved the movie, very excited to read the book.

Here is a quick review for the first half of The Hunger Games (A young adult fiction book I'm reading for a college class....yeah...).

The book blows. It is poorly written, the author does a terrible job of characterization, and the idea of the book is not very original.

The Hunger Games likes to call upon moral issues in our society, but it doesn't seem to realize that it contains a huge moral issue in itself. The book is classified as young adult fiction. It contains all kinds of brutal deaths and terrible descriptions of awful events, but it doesn't use one swear word. Not one. Not Hell, not ass, not fuck. In a book where 18 year olds run around killing each other for their own survival, nobody swears? Nobody? What the fuck is wrong with this book. Young adults can't read swear words, but they can read about someone getting hit with a mace? This book sucks, this author sucks.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:58 pm

I recently have a new found passion for reading. Since the New Year I have read (or am reading the following):

The Bible (currently in the book of 2 Chronicles and Proverbs)
The Revelation of Jesus Christ: Understanding the Apocalypse by Steven Sherman (finished)
Kiss Me Like You Mean It by Dr. David Clarke (almost finished)
The One Who Hit The Hardest: The Steelers, The Cowboys, The 70's, and the Fight for America's Soul by Chat Millman and Shawn Coyne (halfway)

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am

UPDATE:

The Bible (currently in the book of Ezra and Proverbs)
The Revelation of Jesus Christ: Understanding the Apocalypse by Steven Sherman (finished)
Kiss Me Like You Mean It by Dr. David Clarke (finished)
The One Who Hit The Hardest: The Steelers, The Cowboys, The 70's, and the Fight for America's Soul by Chat Millman and Shawn Coyne (halfway)
The Love Dare: From the movie 'Fireproof' (started today)

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I just finished Terry Bradshaw's, "It's Only A Game"

Very insightful book.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:07 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Very insightful book.

Who read it to you? What are you currently reading? 106674522

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Very insightful book.

Says the man who only looks at coloring books! What are you currently reading? 1647293567 What are you currently reading? 1378315869

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:25 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Very insightful book.

Says the man who only looks at coloring books! What are you currently reading? 1647293567 What are you currently reading? 1378315869

HEY! I do more than look at them. They are "activity books" that I provide the artwork for. I want to be an artist when I grow up.

Don't be a What are you currently reading? 2697857646 .

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:38 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Very insightful book.

HEY! I do more than look at them. They are "activity books" that I provide the artwork for. I want to be an artist when I grow up.

Don't be a What are you currently reading? 2697857646 .

Learn to color inside the lines then my friend - INSIDE THE LINES!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you currently reading?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next