Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFra-gee-lay!!!   Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Fra-gee-lay!!!

Go down 
+4
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
El-Gonzo Jackson
teegre
8 posters
AuthorMessage
teegre

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:41 am

If you've seen A Christmas Story (who hasn't???) then you should enjoy this re-cap of the game.

Fra-gee-lay!!!
by Tiger Rowan

Merry Christmas to all of my fellow Steelers fans. Apparently, the holidays are upon us. If you do not believe me, just look at the stores in your area, and you will see a bevy of red bows tied to green trees being held by Santa Claus caricatures. Everything is gift-wrapped in Christmas cheer… everything that is, except for the cups at Starbucks (but that is an entirely different ball of wax).

On the topic of merriment, the Steelers-Raiders game was very much akin to opening presents. There was unbridled excitement, like a child anticipating getting a Kylo Ren lightsaber… only to have your hopes dashed, when it is revealed that instead you got a pair of wool socks. Truthfully, I would have welcomed the wool socks, because what the Steelers-Raiders game gave us was a bunch of lumps of coal.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/fra-gee-lay/

Feel free to pass this along to anyone who needs to laugh off the injury-induced sadness.

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:58 am

Nice article, being a football fan is akin to the highs and lows of holiday expectations. But being a Steeler fan is like growing up in an upper middle class household where on the whole, Xmas is a good haul for the kid. Being a Browns, Bengals, Jags, Raider, etc fan on the other hand is like xmas in the jungles of Indonesia, where a lump of coal is actually a good gift.

Keep on keepin on my man! Enjoy the read.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm glad I didnt watch this game live.

Fire Arians

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Aqib Talib'll shoot your eye out, kid! Fra-gee-lay!!!   1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:57 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Nice article, being a football fan is akin to the highs and lows of holiday expectations.  But being a Steeler fan is like growing up in an upper middle class household where on the whole, Xmas is a good haul for the kid.  Being a Browns, Bengals, Jags, Raider, etc fan on the other hand is like xmas in the jungles of Indonesia, where a lump of coal is actually a good gift.

Keep on keepin on my man!  Enjoy the read.

No matter how bad the Steelers have it, remember there are team that perennially outright stink. For these teams, an 8-8 record is a great year.

Then again, you could be the Cubs, where it has been generations since your team won it all, and generations since they've been there even.

Keeps things in perspective.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:47 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Nice article, being a football fan is akin to the highs and lows of holiday expectations.  But being a Steeler fan is like growing up in an upper middle class household where on the whole, Xmas is a good haul for the kid.  Being a Browns, Bengals, Jags, Raider, etc fan on the other hand is like xmas in the jungles of Indonesia, where a lump of coal is actually a good gift.

That is a brilliant analogy.  

Steelers fan:  I want my IPAD!!!  Forget these stupid socks!!!!!  

Chargers fan:  I'll gladly take those socks...  

Taperiots fan:  Too late... I already stole them.  

Fra-gee-lay!!!   1797695198
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:49 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Indeed... it was nerve-wracking.

I'm usually calm, but you could see a great play just about to happen... and then... coal.

Fra-gee-lay!!!   294855916
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Aqib Talib'll shoot your eye out, kid! Fra-gee-lay!!!   1797695198

Fra-gee-lay!!!   1647293567

Post. Of. The. Week!!!  

Fra-gee-lay!!!   2573146105
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:58 pm

jak341 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

No matter how bad the Steelers have it, remember there are team that perennially outright stink. For these teams, an 8-8 record is a great year.

Then again, you could be the Cubs, where it has been generations since your team won it all, and generations since they've been there even.

Keeps things in perspective.

My wife is a Chargers fan (although, she watches every Steelers game... and has only seen two Chargers games this season).

Regardless, she told me that Steelers fans have "first world" problems... and that I should stop complaining. Fra-gee-lay!!!   312503953

Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 1:12 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

If you survived San Diego, you can live through anything
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:07 pm

schillah wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

If you survived San Diego, you can live through anything

The SD game was 3 1/2 quarters of nothing... and then a scoring explosion.

Craziness.

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:56 am

How have I not seen this thread???

I must have been distracted and distraught by Ben's latest injury, aka......."the pink bunny suit"! Fra-gee-lay!!!   1549491426

Great read again teegre! That was a lot of fun.....especially since they won the game.

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:55 pm

pczach wrote:
How have I not seen this thread???

I must have been distracted and distraught by Ben's latest injury, aka......."the pink bunny suit"! Fra-gee-lay!!!   1549491426

Great read again teegre! That was a lot of fun.....especially since they won the game.

Thanks, brother.

You know... the very next week, BB ripped off that pink atrocity, whipped out his Red Ryder BB gun, and shot Brown Bart.

Fra-gee-lay!!!   312503953

Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Good writeup teegre.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Stryker wrote:
Good writeup teegre.

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fra-gee-lay!!!    Fra-gee-lay!!!   Empty

Back to top Go down

Fra-gee-lay!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-