Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers

Go down 
+7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Hawaii 5-0
The_Joker
HeinzMustard
pczach
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
ImperialFan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:17 pm

The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers 2vnrx8o

The Pittsburgh Steelers currently sit in the 6th playoff spot in the AFC Playoff picture, but with the Bengals in charge of the division, the 5th spot in the playoffs would be ideal for the black and gold.

Sure, when the 2015 season started the Pittsburgh Steelers had aspirations of winning back-to-back division titles. Winning the division is on every NFL team's checklist before the new season begins, but for every team but 8, it simply isn't in the cards.
full article
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2015/11/12/9690492/the-5th-seed-in-the-afc-playoffs-a-very-attractive-position-for-the

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:59 pm

I'd rather the 6th. Lets take this whole 2005 recreation superstition to the max.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:18 pm

I'll take any position in the playoffs with the injuries this team has been fighting to overcome all year. I'll be very happy to just get in the tournament and hopefully be as healthy as possible at the end of the year. This will be the last team any of the others will want to see if they get healthy.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm

pczach wrote:
I'll take any position in the playoffs with the injuries this team has been fighting to overcome all year. I'll be very happy to just get in the tournament and hopefully be as healthy as possible at the end of the year. This will be the last team any of the others will want to see if they get healthy.

I believe we've come closer than anyone else who played in NE. I agree a healthy steelers team even missing bell could be a serious contender in the playoffs. I think the signing of Williams is the main reason we are where we are. In the wildcard hunt and probably faborites to get the number 5 seed....and cincinatti could derail still, never count then in.

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:40 am

Steelers are 7th seed as it stands now.  Bills and Jets have better conference records... by a long shot.  The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers 1401235891

Gotta beat the Browns.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 am

Yeah if we lose anymore games they need to be against nfc teams.

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:18 am

HeinzMustard wrote:
Steelers are 7th seed as it stands now.  Bills and Jets have better conference records... by a long shot.  The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers 1401235891

Gotta beat the Browns.

Gotta say I'm shocked the Bills actually pulled that off. I expected Rex Ryan to devolve into a slobbering pile of mush.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 am

HeinzMustard wrote:

Gotta beat the Browns.

Bills move ahead of Jets in race for No. 5 seed in the AFC

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 13, 2015

The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmwntkymmq3zwnmmtgwzjbhmgm3mmuymmi3mzliytcz

In this year’s AFC wild card race, the difference between the No. 5 seed and the No. 6 seed is huge. Which makes the Bills’ win over the Jets last night huge.

The 5-4 Bills are now the No. 5 seed in the AFC, thanks to last night’s head-to-head win over the 5-4 Jets, who are No. 6 thanks to their better conference games record than the 5-4 Steelers.

In the AFC this year, the No. 5 seed will get to play the winner of the AFC South, which could be a 7-9 or even 6-10 team, and will likely be one of the worst division winners in NFL history. The No. 6 seed will have to play the No. 3 seed, which will be the Patriots*, Bengals or Broncos. If you’re an AFC wild card team, you’ve got a much better chance of advancing past the first round of the playoffs as the 5 seed than the 6 seed.

The Jets and Bills play again, in Buffalo, in Week 17. The 5 seed may be on the line.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/13/bills-move-ahead-of-jets-in-race-for-no-5-seed-in-the-afc/
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:39 am

The_Joker wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:

Gotta beat the Browns.

Gotta say I'm shocked the Bills actually pulled that off. I expected Rex Ryan to devolve into a slobbering pile of mush.

I picked the Bills. Thought they would rally behind Rex and be lead by Shady McCoy and some timely passing by Tyrod. Was correct for the most part, but they just wilted down the stretch.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:49 am

McCoy is a beast, he won me a lot of FF games a couple years ago
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 pm

pczach wrote:

This ^.....this ^.......and some more of this ^.

With the luck we've had this year, I'll take ANY spot in the playoffs.
If we're healthy (well, as healthy as we can be), you're right....none of the other teams will look forward to to a game against us.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 2:06 pm

PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about playoffs! you kidding me? playoffs!? I just hope the Steelers can win a game, another game The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 2:38 pm

I'm just hoping for the classic bills meltdown, and jets usual blunders. These teams are pretty much full strength and probably couldnt beat us the way we are now. we got this

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:17 pm

1 game at a time. This week we are playing the Browns so expect to play down to their level and possibly lose the game. If it has a losing record it is dangerous to this organization and has been the last few years.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
1 game at a time. This week we are playing the Browns so expect to play down to their level and possibly lose the game. If it has a losing record it is dangerous to this organization and has been the last few years.

Can't play down to their level when you're down Ben and Le'Veon. This team is going to rally.

I'd say it's more likely they blow the Browns out rather than lose to them.

Oh, and Manziel is playing.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 6:36 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Can't play down to their level when you're down Ben and Le'Veon. This team is going to rally.

I'd say it's more likely they blow the Browns out rather than lose to them.

Oh, and Manziel is playing.

I wouldnt mind seeing Jones vs manziel match up.

PostSubject: Re: The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers   The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

The 5th seed in the AFC playoffs a very attractive position for the Steelers
Page 1 of 1