Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGoat Balls - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Goat Balls

Go down 
+21
Stryker
Drizztbob
jak341
LambertLunatic
lotas
Stella Nation
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
PhantomJB93
DesertSteel
white_steel_wolfe
IowaSteeler927
SteelerSpartan
SteelersYak
tony hipchest
pczach
Steeler Zach
SoCalFan
Atlanta Dan
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Goat Balls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:52 am

It's all good AB said he's not doing it anymore, but it was still pretty sweet.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:27 am

LambertLunatic wrote:
For those that liked Brown's somersault, cherish the memory.  I suspect that Tomlin wasn't amused, and let AB know it.  We won't be seeing Brown doing any more somersaults.

A great point was made by pczach last week in the thread on Mitchell constantly acting out

pczach wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

What do you think of Mitchell celebrating his hard tackle after L. Murray completed a 9 yrd run for a first down?

Gerry Dulac: Can't stand it. Unnecessary. Uncalled for. Unprofessional. Embarrassing. Narcissistic. Selfish. Self-aggrandizing. Especially because the ball was still live. Otherwise, I have no problem w it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/11/11/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steelers-chat-11-11-15/stories/201511110207

The same people that kill Mitchell for how he acts, celebrate a player like Antonio Brown. You know, the guy that gets up and celebrates after every catch. The guy that talks a lot on the field. The guy that acted like a spoiled prima donna brat without his starting quarterback, and threatened to tear apart this team. We all have our preferences as to who we like and why, but where was Dulac killing AB for acting like an ass for week after week?

Brown unnecessarily exposed himself to injury and certainly was narcissistic as well as self-aggrandizing.

So what was Dulac's reaction in the P-G this morning?

After scoring on a 56-yard catch-and-run, Antonio Brown celebrated with a front flip and landed on both feet in the end zone. "The flip was pretty impressive," TE Heath Miller said.

No reference to Ben telling Brown to cut the crap

And there is more from Dulac

Antonio Brown only had one catch after a first half in which he had nine receptions for 83 yards and a touchdown, but it was a 56-yard catch-and-run that gets an A+ for landing a back flip.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Steelers-Report-Card/2015/11/15/Report-Card-Steelers-vs-Browns/stories/201511150224

Maybe Mitchell should help out Dulac earn some extra $$ by inviting him to host a radio show

Antonio Brown will be weekly at Redbeard's every Tuesday night through the season.

http://www.espnpgh.com/photos/main/antonio-brown-with-gerry-dulac-330071/#/0/19715517

Call out all the players or don't call out any of them Gerry

But mission accomplished for AB = the back flip made every highlight show last night (and would have made every highlight show if he would have wiped out)
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:12 am

I get that some want to see Dulac to retract what he said about Mitchell and use AB's flip a a lightning rod of equality in the argument. Some point to Brown celebrating every catch(a mild first down sign and drops the ball) and now the front flip on the TD as similar, but it really is not.

Mitchell celebrating mundane tackles downfield, taunting other players and getting in their face would be like AB getting in the CB's face when the football is overthrown or a bubble screen pass lands at his feet, but letting the guy know he was open.

AB is a top 5 WR in the NFL that makes game changing plays. Mike Mitchell is a bottom 10 safety in the NFL who hits hard. To a degree, I don't like the narcissism of either, but one is more justified in it and doesn't draw penalties for taunting, while the other does.

Game ball has to be Ben, AB. The D line pushed the pocket and did well. There was some good secondary play, but Manziel had a big day passing, so I give whatever goat you can to those guys. I haven't broken down any of the game, but did notice a lot of space given by one particular CB on several occasions that lead to catches.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:47 am

Brown is getting a little cocky, I don't understand how people can't see this. He is one of the best of all time probably but nobody likes a selfish cocky player. I'm afraid at what kind of money hes going to be wanting when its time to renew his contract. He's the type of player I could see us parting ways with over money. By that time Bryant will be #1 material.

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:52 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Mitchell celebrating mundane tackles downfield, taunting other players and getting in their face would be like AB getting in the CB's face when the football is overthrown or a bubble screen pass lands at his feet, but letting the guy know he was open.

True - AB saves that for Landry Jones and Vick - Tomlin had a sit down about that with AB several weeks ago
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:53 am

ImperialFan wrote:
Brown is getting a little cocky, I don't understand how people can't see this. He is one of the best of all time probably but nobody likes a selfish cocky player. I'm afraid at what kind of money hes going to be wanting when its time to renew his contract. He's the type of player I could see us parting ways with over money. By that time Bryant will be #1 material.

I am one that does not see this. Can you tell me what I am missing? Maybe explain how his celebration of first down catches this year differs from say his 2013 season antics?

I for one think his end zone dance celebrations of this year are not as noticeable, but maybe he and D will are doing some Hingle McCringleberry stuff that cameras don't show?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:56 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

True - AB saves that for Landry Jones and Vick - Tomlin had a sit down about that with AB several weeks ago

Good, I hope he had that talk with Mitchell too. He needed it.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 10:59 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I am one that does not see this.  Can you tell me what I am missing?  Maybe explain how his celebration of first down catches this year differs from say his 2013 season antics?

I for one think his end zone dance celebrations of this year are not as noticeable, but maybe he and D will are doing some Hingle McCringleberry stuff that cameras don't show?

I enjoy watching him celebrate, It's good team spirit. Which is why most teams have cheer leaders. I guess brown feels compelled to cheer for him self. I love him as a steeler fan but if I was a fan of anyone else I'd hate him and say he's full of him self.

I say his ego is getting big because for one, he tried to restructure his contact in the off season to squeeze a few extra mil out of the Steelers. All he has to do is play like he has been and he will get offered big bucks. Him making a stink about not getting the ball from Jones and Vick, I understand he knows hes good but he needs to stay out of the play calling.

I still like Brown as a player and person from what I can tell. He usually seems humble and soft spoken in interviews but I can definitely detect a bit of narcissism.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 12:47 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I am one that does not see this.  Can you tell me what I am missing?  Maybe explain how his celebration of first down catches this year differs from say his 2013 season antics?

I enjoy watching him celebrate, It's good team spirit. Which is why most teams have cheer leaders. I guess brown feels compelled to cheer for him self. I love him as a steeler fan but if I was a fan of anyone else I'd hate him and say he's full of him self.

I say his ego is getting big because for one, he tried to restructure his contact in the off season to squeeze a few extra mil out of the Steelers. All he has to do is play like he has been and he will get offered big bucks. Him making a stink about not getting the ball from Jones and Vick, I understand he knows hes good but he needs to stay out of the play calling.

I still like Brown as a player and person from what I can tell. He usually seems humble and soft spoken in interviews but I can definitely detect a bit of narcissism.

I see other guys like Cam Newton signal first down like AB does and I honestly don't mind it any more, as it seems to have become commonplace..

I don't hold anything against NFL players for wanting to restructure contracts when the market changes. There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL and because of that, players have to sign for a length of contract that gives some security, but over that time the market changes and guys are underpaid or overpaid.

LeVeon Bell made $936,000 in 2014, while Ben Tate made $2.2 million. If Bell's injury ended his career, he will get an injury settlement and be done with football. Kam Chancellor is underpaid for his positon and sat out games. Brown is underpaid and didn't sit out games, but some now label him as greedy and self-centered.

NFL contracts are very much slanted to the owners favor. NBA, MLB all have guaranteed contracts, where in the NFL only the underpaid player has to play it out, the owners can cut a guy and tear up the contract any time.

Brown isn't self centered or greedy for wanting to renegotiate his contract. Just a guy trying to get what he is worth in the marketplace. The Steelers showed their class and appreciation for his play, by paying him a little extra this season. (Cheap Rooneys Goat Balls - Page 2 1072540953 )
Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Game Balls
+++ Big Ben proving he his the toughest QB in the league
+ Bryant, although the next time he juggles a finger tipped ball and maintains possession should go out of bounds
+ AB
+ Browns shitting all over themselves in typical fashion

Goats
---- Run game non-existent against one of the worst run defenses in the league
- Allowing Manziel put up good numbers, most plays he seemed to have all day to throw

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Stryker wrote:
- Allowing Manziel put up good numbers, most plays he seemed to have all day to throw

I don't know, I expected Cleveland to D up on our run game and force Landry Jones to beat us... Then Ben came in and they seemed to not change their game plan and they got burned by it. In the 2nd half they adjusted, but the damage was already done. Williams did better running the rock in the 2nd half.

Seems like most of our sacks were coverage sacks. Despite the 6 sacks, I agree, Manziel had way too much time to throw.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:40 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Most great receivers are divas... that's life
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:35 pm

AB is foolish for risking injury doing something that has no bearing on the game at all.

There really is no rational and logical reason to expose yourself to a freak injury.

After a big play, preen, point, dance, jiggle, slide ....whatever.....just don't somersault.

I'll never understand that mindset.....haven't they heard of that "risk-reward" thing.

Here's how it might go:

"Let's see, if I stick the landing I'll be the talk of the town and be the #1 highlight on sportscenter."

"If is misjudge something, I could end up with a herniated disk and my career and my lifetime security could be threatened."

"Shit man, that's a no brainer, I'm jumping!"

Goat Balls - Page 2 1785565375
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:06 pm

AB getting a little cocky? Based on the number of celebrations he does a game? He makes a lot of catches and gets a lot of yards so of course he's going to have more celebrations.

You bring up Madden a lot, they celebrate in that after a first down and after a touchdown.... are all those players "cocky"?

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
LambertLunatic wrote:
For those that liked Brown's somersault, cherish the memory.  I suspect that Tomlin wasn't amused, and let AB know it.  We won't be seeing Brown doing any more somersaults.

A great point was made by pczach last week in the thread on Mitchell constantly acting out

pczach wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

What do you think of Mitchell celebrating his hard tackle after L. Murray completed a 9 yrd run for a first down?

Gerry Dulac: Can't stand it. Unnecessary. Uncalled for. Unprofessional. Embarrassing. Narcissistic. Selfish. Self-aggrandizing. Especially because the ball was still live. Otherwise, I have no problem w it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/11/11/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steelers-chat-11-11-15/stories/201511110207

The same people that kill Mitchell for how he acts, celebrate a player like Antonio Brown. You know, the guy that gets up and celebrates after every catch. The guy that talks a lot on the field. The guy that acted like a spoiled prima donna brat without his starting quarterback, and threatened to tear apart this team. We all have our preferences as to who we like and why, but where was Dulac killing AB for acting like an ass for week after week?

Brown unnecessarily exposed himself to injury and certainly was narcissistic as well as self-aggrandizing.

So what was Dulac's reaction in the P-G this morning?

After scoring on a 56-yard catch-and-run, Antonio Brown celebrated with a front flip and landed on both feet in the end zone. "The flip was pretty impressive," TE Heath Miller said.

No reference to Ben telling Brown to cut the crap

And there is more from Dulac

Antonio Brown only had one catch after a first half in which he had nine receptions for 83 yards and a touchdown, but it was a 56-yard catch-and-run that gets an A+ for landing a back flip.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Steelers-Report-Card/2015/11/15/Report-Card-Steelers-vs-Browns/stories/201511150224

Maybe Mitchell should help out Dulac earn some extra $$ by inviting him to host a radio show

Antonio Brown will be weekly at Redbeard's every Tuesday night through the season.

http://www.espnpgh.com/photos/main/antonio-brown-with-gerry-dulac-330071/#/0/19715517

Call out all the players or don't call out any of them Gerry

But mission accomplished for AB = the back flip made every highlight show last night (and would have made every highlight show if he would have wiped out)

Dulac comes through for me in the clutch again! Boy, I didn't see that one coming...

Goat Balls - Page 2 1797695198

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:54 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I haven't broken down any of the game, but did notice a lot of space given by one particular CB on several occasions that lead to catches.

Did you see the play when the Browns were down near the end zone, and the Steelers appeared to be in the same coverage as last game where Blake gave up the uncontested touchdown pass. Once again, he is slow reacting to the very same route in what appeared to be the very same coverage, with him having the same responsibility of covering the corner of the end zone. Luckily, Manziel makes a horrible pass and throws it out of bounds or it would have been another gimme touchdown in the corner of the end zone.

I almost lost my mind when he had the same broken coverage on the same route, in the same area of the field, and after surely watching film of his mistake and getting talked to about his responsibility on the play, and coaching him up so he doesn't make the same mistake again.

He made the same mistake again. I don't even know what to say when you see something like that. Goat Balls - Page 2 2306309830

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:23 pm

pczach wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I haven't broken down any of the game, but did notice a lot of space given by one particular CB on several occasions that lead to catches.

Did you see the play when the Browns were down near the end zone, and the Steelers appeared to be in the same coverage as last game where Blake gave up the uncontested touchdown pass. Once again, he is slow reacting to the very same route in what appeared to be the very same coverage, with him having the same responsibility of covering the corner of the end zone. Luckily, Manziel makes a horrible pass and throws it out of bounds or it would have been another gimme touchdown in the corner of the end zone.

I almost lost my mind when he had the same broken coverage on the same route, in the same area of the field, and after surely watching film of his mistake and getting talked to about his responsibility on the play, and coaching him up so he doesn't make the same mistake again.

He made the same mistake again. I don't even know what to say when you see something like that. Goat Balls - Page 2 2306309830

Yup, inconsistent QB play from Manziel hid a few things. Wilson is more accurate and will hit open WR's in smaller windows. I hope the rush can get to him.
Back to top Go down
rellimie
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Stryker wrote:
Goats

Cleveland's D sold out to stop the run expecting to face Jones. Their coaching staff apparently had a complete inability to change their game plan once Ben came in.

We did the same thing on D, go all in on the run and make Manziel beat you in the air. Personally, I don't care if a QB comes in and throws for 900 yards, as long as the game ends with use on the wining side. Case and point, Johnny football threw for 350+ yards, the Browns scored 9 points. I'll take that all season long.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 5:13 am

Goat balls? Am I the only one who thought of this when reading that?

Goat Balls - Page 2 Bwt7yinCQAABcMf

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 5:33 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

Mmmmmm........goat balls.

No Buddha, you are not the only one.

Aren't they called Rocky Mountain oysters? Shocked

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 am

pczach wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

The Brady family recipe:

DIRECTIONS

Split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each "oyster" (use a sharp knife or your teeth). You can also remove the skin easily if the meat is hard and then peeled while suckling.

Soak in a hot tub of salt water one hour (along with goat); drain balls.

Transfer to a large pot and add enough water to float the meat.

Add the vinegar to the pot.

Parboil, drain, slightly deflate and rinse.

Let cool and slice each oyster into 1/4 inch thick ovals.

Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of sliced oyster to taste.

Combine flour, cornmeal, a teaspoon of tears and some garlic powder to taste.

Roll each slice into flour mixture.

Dip into man-milk.

Roll again into flour mixture.

Dip into whine.

(repeat the procedure for a thicker crust).

Fry in hot oil from Bill Belichick's greasy hoodie or fat from LeGarrette Blount's ass seasoned with the bottled hot sauce to taste (be careful, it will sizzle when you add the hot sauce); fry until golden brown.

Drain on paper towels or chin.

Serve with cock sauce if desired.

*Remember to videotape every second step-by-step so that you can cheat a little later on and memorize every procedure.

Later, we'll get with TAPES18N1* and post his recipe for gas oven cooked kosher goat balls. Goat Balls - Page 2 184121345

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 6:11 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
pczach wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

The Brady family recipe:

DIRECTIONS

Split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each "oyster" (use a sharp knife or your teeth). You can also remove the skin easily if the meat is hard and then peeled while suckling.

Soak in a hot tub of salt water one hour (along with goat); drain balls.

Transfer to a large pot and add enough water to float the meat.

Add the vinegar to the pot.

Parboil, drain, slightly deflate and rinse.

Let cool and slice each oyster into 1/4 inch thick ovals.

Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of sliced oyster to taste.

Combine flour, cornmeal, a teaspoon of tears and some garlic powder to taste.

Roll each slice into flour mixture.

Dip into man-milk.

Roll again into flour mixture.

Dip into whine.

(repeat the procedure for a thicker crust).

Fry in hot oil from Bill Belichick's greasy hoodie or fat from LeGarrette Blount's ass seasoned with the bottled hot sauce to taste (be careful, it will sizzle when you add the hot sauce); fry until golden brown.

Drain on paper towels or chin.

Serve with cock sauce if desired.

*Remember to videotape every second step-by-step so that you can cheat a little later on and memorize every procedure.

Later, we'll get with TAPES18N1* and post his recipe for gas oven cooked kosher goat balls. Goat Balls - Page 2 184121345

Goat Balls - Page 2 1647293567

Goat Balls - Page 2 3562723908

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm giving a goat to Gilbert for stupidly forgetting where his QB is standing, and then stepping on said QB's ankle while rolling it, causing an injury. He's just DAMNNNNNN lucky that wasn't Ben's ankle he stepped on, and so is the OL coach, because they'd both be goats of the year!

PostSubject: Re: Goat Balls   Goat Balls - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goat Balls
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2