Steelers Xtreme Forum

Hometyler grisham Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

tyler grisham

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

tyler grisham Empty
PostSubject: tyler grisham   tyler grisham EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:46 pm

what do you guys think of this guy? personally i like him, in camp working with the first team he has caught touchdowns of 36 and 60 yrds. i know its only camp but i think this guys going to be o.k.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

tyler grisham Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyler grisham   tyler grisham EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 pm

I wouldn't get too excited about what a player does in camp. I love rooting for the underdog, but I don't see him getting beyond the practice squad. As always though, I'd be happy to be wrong.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

tyler grisham Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyler grisham   tyler grisham EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:32 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I wouldn't get too excited about what a player does in camp. I love rooting for the underdog, but I don't see him getting beyond the practice squad. As always though, I'd be happy to be wrong.
[b]

if im not mistaken wasn't he on our roster last year? i seem to remember him playing in a few games and he played well
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

tyler grisham Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyler grisham   tyler grisham EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I don't remember him being on the active roster or playing at any time last year other than preseason. I could be wrong though ... I never trust my memory. But here's what I found:

Quote :
He spent the first 12 games of the 2009 NFL season on the Steelers practice squad, and was added to the 53-man roster on December 10, 2009 after an injury to another receiver. Grisham made his first NFL reception on December 27, 2009 against the Baltimore Ravens for 14 yards, resulting in a first down that led to the game-winning field goal. He was cut on September 4, 2010, during the Steelers' final roster cuts. He was then signed to their practice squad on September 6, 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Grisham

According to NFL.com, he played in 4 games in 2009 and had one reception. But there are no stats listed for him in 2010. tyler grisham 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

tyler grisham Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyler grisham   tyler grisham EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:23 am

This should make Va's day ...

Steelers WR Grisham efforts for spot on team

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, August 12, 2011

Steelers receiver Tyler Grisham knows that putting together two great weeks of training camp means nothing if he can't transfer that to the field, starting with Friday night's preseason game against Washington.

Grisham, an undrafted rookie free agent from Clemson two years ago, is in a camp battle with veteran Arnaz Battle for the fifth receiver spot. Grisham played in four games as a rookie before spending last year on the practice squad. Grisham caught two passes in four preseason games last year.

"I am trying to prepare myself and visualize myself being in the game and making the same play in game-time situations," Grisham said. "I feel that I don't have to think as much this year."

Grisham also figures he will have to impress coaches on special teams. He is on the kickoff, kickoff return, punt and punt return teams.

"They probably will say that it is more important for me right now because if I can have a hat on special teams, they would love to have me and use me sparingly for offense," Grisham said.

Read more: Steelers WR Grisham efforts for spot on team - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_751209.html#ixzz1Umkw4Lz1

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

tyler grisham Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyler grisham   tyler grisham EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 am

Wallace108 wrote:
This should make Va's day ...

Steelers WR Grisham efforts for spot on team

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, August 12, 2011

Steelers receiver Tyler Grisham knows that putting together two great weeks of training camp means nothing if he can't transfer that to the field, starting with Friday night's preseason game against Washington.

Grisham, an undrafted rookie free agent from Clemson two years ago, is in a camp battle with veteran Arnaz Battle for the fifth receiver spot. Grisham played in four games as a rookie before spending last year on the practice squad. Grisham caught two passes in four preseason games last year.

"I am trying to prepare myself and visualize myself being in the game and making the same play in game-time situations," Grisham said. "I feel that I don't have to think as much this year."

Grisham also figures he will have to impress coaches on special teams. He is on the kickoff, kickoff return, punt and punt return teams.

"They probably will say that it is more important for me right now because if I can have a hat on special teams, they would love to have me and use me sparingly for offense," Grisham said.

Read more: Steelers WR Grisham efforts for spot on team - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_751209.html#ixzz1Umkw4Lz1

Wouldn't Sweed be in that mix as well?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tyler grisham Empty
PostSubject: Re: tyler grisham   tyler grisham Empty

Back to top Go down

tyler grisham
Page 1 of 1