Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePersonally I'm glad the jets won Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Personally I'm glad the jets won

Go down 
+15
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
DesertSteel
JonM229
Hawaii 5-0
OX1947
Shalieve5090
WVABE
Steel Peon
FanSince72
SoCalFan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
WCSteeler
SteelerFreak58
Fire Arians
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Personally I'm glad the jets won Empty
PostSubject: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:46 pm

I don't have much to say but if we get swept by the Ravens when they're having a 10+ loss season we don't deserve the playoffs
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:55 pm

I couldn't agree more, why should the Steelers benefit when they cannot take care of their own business. The Steelers horrid Coaching and bottom of the line Secondary play isn't seen as a real issue that should be addressed when they make the playoffs
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Ryan Fitzpatrick deserves a ring.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:56 pm

I still believe belicheat found out we lost to the rats and decided to lose in OT on purpose.

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:02 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
I still believe belicheat found out we lost to the rats and decided to lose in OT on purpose.

Personally I'm glad the jets won Seriously

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:13 pm

SoCalFan wrote:

I doubt that, at this point I'd much rather play the Steelers than the Jets if I were the Pats**. Brady would easily torch this D for 5 tds

Maybe this team is overrated, beating Cincy and Denver with their backup qb's shouldn't be anything to brag about
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
at this point I'd much rather play the Steelers than the Jets if I were the P-Words.........Maybe this team is overrated, beating Cincy and Denver with their backup qb's shouldn't be anything to brag about
You're right, the Jets winning with us losing really puts things into perspective, where we can hardly assume anything about our team. Nobody can say any team would rather play any other team besides us in the playoffs, and you can't say any one player lost us this game. You can't even say the season is over, and whatever happens, happens. Best of luck to us.

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Just wait till Johnny Football torches our asses next week Personally I'm glad the jets won 2837018037
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:28 pm

The Jets aren't losing to buffalo next week, it doesn't matter what we do in Cleveland. Nobody shits the bed against weak comp like the Steelers do
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
The Jets aren't losing to buffalo next week, it doesn't matter what we do in Cleveland. Nobody shits the bed against weak comp like the Steelers do

I hope you eat those words but I guess we will see
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:13 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

I hope so too but I'm not going to count on it. The Jets unfortunately aren't coached by Tomlin so they probably got this
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

I hope so too but I'm not going to count on it. The Jets unfortunately aren't coached by Tomlin so they probably got this

Maybe, but Buffalo beat them once they can surely do it again, especially Rex will want revenge on them, they wont be a pushover
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Jets aint losing next week. Book it.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Boobie Dixon: Jets game is our “Super Bowl”

Posted by Josh Alper on December 27, 2015

The Jets got an overtime win over the Patriots* on Sunday afternoon and the Steelers lost to the Ravens, which means the Jets are in the playoffs if they beat the Bills in Buffalo next weekend.

One imagines that will provide a lot of motivational fodder for coach Rex Ryan to use on his disappointing team as they get ready for Week 17. Running back Boobie Dixon seems to be on board.

“We got something to play for now,” Dixon said after the Bills outlasted the Cowboys, via ESPN.com. “We been having something to play for — that’s our respect and our pride. We always want that. But to send them home packing — that would be great. We’re not going to the playoffs, so the Super Bowl is next week for us. I know we’re gonna have a lot of guys jacked. We already know what’s on the line.”

Ryan resisted the urge to start letting the verbal volleys fly, saying that he’d prefer that the Bills were playing to be something other than spoilers. Since that’s all that’s available to them, it’s a good bet he’ll make peace with the prospect of ruining the season for his former employers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uper-bowl/
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I don't have much to say but if we get swept by the Ravens when they're having a 10+ loss season we don't deserve the playoffs

Not even the lowly Browns were swept by the Ravens

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
WCSteeler

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:43 pm

It's 100% time the Rooneys start the search for a new Head Coach. Tomlin has appeared to have had a good Steeler coaching career in most part due to future HOFer Ben and some great (now retired) defensive players. Tomlin is often out coached and rarely has a team that looks motivated or prepared. The thought of Ben calling it quits without another playoff win is sickening but under Tomlin it seems certain

Last edited by WCSteeler on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:44 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Ryan Fitzpatrick deserves a ring.
Ryan Mallet deserves a ring if he played the Steelers secondary every week.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:52 pm

JonM229 wrote:
And really, that blocked FG at the end of your win was something that probably shouldn't have happened, so the "lowly" Browns had a really good chance of sweeping you. Maybe I should go back into all the "Fire Tomlin" threads everywhere and change my vote of confidence to one of skepticism and cynicism. You've got me thinking......seriously.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:24 am

I was rooting for the Patriots* and switching channels. I took a shower after the game as I feel dirty.

Steelers Defense isn't good, it isn't improving as some thought and it caught up with us. Despite the lack of offensive output, the Ravens should not have been able to move the ball that easily.

The better defense in that game was without a doubt wearing purple....despite their injuries and rebuilding.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:26 am

JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Somewhere in Baltimore at the start of the season some Ravens fan said: "I don't care if we don't win another game as long as we sweep the Steelers!"

MERRY CHRISTMAS Jon! Personally I'm glad the jets won 2164293255 Personally I'm glad the jets won 929792854 Personally I'm glad the jets won 1797695198
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 8:20 am

solardave wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Somewhere in Baltimore at the start of the season some Ravens fan said: "I don't care if we don't win another game as long as we sweep the Steelers!"

MERRY CHRISTMAS Jon! Personally I'm glad the jets won 2164293255 Personally I'm glad the jets won 929792854 Personally I'm glad the jets won 1797695198

A 2-14 season with a Steelers sweep is still as successful season

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 3:56 pm

After losing to Rats 2 games a playoff trip seems like it would be a short stay anyway. Although it was a bad game for the offense, I do believe they could have wreaked havoc in the playoffs. I'm not into watching the Pats*, or anyone else, do to the D what Ryan freaking Mallet did-and not to mention Osweiler in the first 1/2 last week.

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 3:57 pm

JonM229 wrote:
solardave wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

A 2-14 season with a Steelers sweep is still as successful season

Glad to contribute to your successful season Personally I'm glad the jets won 2981382511
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 4:26 pm

personally I'm not glad the jets won. makes it that much harder to get in. all I care about is getting in. anything can happen from there

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personally I'm glad the jets won   Personally I'm glad the jets won Empty

Back to top Go down

Personally I'm glad the jets won
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next