Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEnough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)

Go down 
+19
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
IowaSteeler927
solardave
OX1947
SoCalFan
steelcrazy
SteelCity4Life
Buddha Bus
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Atlanta Dan
FanSince72
Steeler-in-west
Steelcitian
JonM229
Craziaskowboi
harrison'samonster
Fire Arians
DesertSteel
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) Empty
PostSubject: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:48 am

It is what it is... saying stuff like "I hope the Jets win because we don't deserve to be in the playoffs" is just stupid. Lots of playoff teams have bad losses on their resume. The Ravens have our number.

I think we can beat the Browns and the Bills & Ryan would love nothing more than than to crush the Jets' dreams of postseason.

I'm on board for an exciting week 17 of the National Football League.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:13 am

There's bad losses, and then there's absolute shit sandwiches like yesterday. Sorry but as depleted as this Ravens team was, and starting Ryan Mallet, there's no way they should have lost this game.

However, they did, and deserve whatever happens. They're no longer in the drivers seat and rightfully so.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:14 am

might as well enjoy week 17 for what it's worth. It is hard as a fan to just move past yesterday, but life goes on and the Steelers still do have a chance.

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 am

Here's each playoff contender's record against teams that currently have losing records this season:

9-0 - Carolina Panthers
8-0 - Cincinnati Bengals
9-1 - Arizona Cardinals
8-1 - Minnesota Vikings
8-1 - New England Patriots*
7-1 - Kansas City Chiefs
7-2 - Green Bay Packers
7-2 - Seattle Seahawks
6-2 - Denver Broncos
6-2 - Pittsburgh Steelers
8-3 - New York Jets
8-3 - Washington Redskins
6-3 - Houston Texans
5-5 - Atlanta Falcons
3-4 - Indianapolis Colts

The Steelers have lost two games to teams that currently have losing records, which puts them right in line with the Packers, Seahawks and Broncos. Funny how nobody says any of those three other teams are undeserving of the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:20 am

harrison'samonster wrote:
might as well enjoy week 17 for what it's worth.

I'm actually hoping you guys pull out a win in similar fashion:

Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) GfWGHdG

Here's the actual audio from the game:

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:52 am

I hope we win,the Jets lose and we get in just to wipe the smirk off all those gloating Ravens fans. I don't look at it as a real sweep with so many players missing from both teams each games.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
I hope we win,the Jets lose and we get in just to wipe the smirk off all those gloating Ravens fans. I don't look at it as a real sweep with so many players missing from both teams each games.

It's a sweep... the rest of the variables are just normal football conditions. It's a game of attrition.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Steelcitian wrote:

That'll just make the Ravens a playoff team by proxy

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:19 pm

With the way the jets beat the Pats** I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

If we get in and win that first playoff game??? That Ravens game will be long forgotten and we'll be talking Super Bowl again
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats*** I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

If we get in and win that first playoff game??? That Ravens game will be long forgotten and we'll be talking Super Bowl again

The Ravens limped into the playoffs the season they won their last Super Bowl. A 7-9 Seahawks beat a heavily favored Saints team years before that in the Wild Card round. Anything is possible in the playoffs.

(I could just be pumping you guys up to see you fall even harder)

Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) Not%20dead%20yet_zps9c5wl8su

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats*** I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

The Jets played well against New England but I'm not sure I'd use that game as a barometer of how good they are.

The Pats* are pretty beat up and Belichick already has the division and a bye so he may have been playing to win, but winning wasn't critical.
He's building a team for the playoffs and unlike the Jets he's probably not really all that concerned with mop-up games.

As far as the Bills go, Rex has probably been licking his chops over this game since he first saw the schedule.
Rex hates the Jets more than us and now with a chance to knock them out of the playoffs, he'll try to bring the house and his team will have something to play for.

So as long as we hold up our end by beating Cleveland, I think we have decent chance.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:42 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats**** I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

The Ravens limped into the playoffs the season they won their last Super Bowl.  A 7-9 Seahawks beat a heavily favored Saints team years before that in the Wild Card round.  Anything is possible in the playoffs.

I think we know our chances of getting in are slim and none, but if we do luck into the playoffs I'm under no illusion that this team can beat any team in the playoffs and go on a tear. They have the talent.

I also believe Tomlin is too emotional and this reflects on the team, and this gets them in trouble ( they're up and down play) I wish he had more of the calm of Noll or belichek in him.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats****** I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

The Ravens limped into the playoffs the season they won their last Super Bowl.  A 7-9 Seahawks beat a heavily favored Saints team years before that in the Wild Card round.  Anything is possible in the playoffs.

I think we know our chances of getting in are slim and none, but if we do luck into the playoffs I'm under no illusion that this team can beat any team in the playoffs and go on a tear. They have the talent.

I also believe Tomlin is too emotional and this reflects on the team, and this gets them in trouble ( they're up and down play) I wish he had more of the calm of Noll or belichek in him.

The other way to look at it is that getting in would be a kind of reset.
It's like playing golf -- I can have a shitty front-nine, but I always get a burst of optimism when I get to the tenth tee and a "new nine".

We have the ability to be great and maybe - if we get in - it gives us a clean slate, a "new" season and a chance to do it right.

Half Empty/Half Full -- it's all in how you look at it.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Fansince72: I hope your right and the jets are more susceptible to losing to Rex and the bills than I think.

With a win over the brownies, I would welcome a chance at a reset or redemption.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:56 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats******* I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

It's like playing golf -- I can have a shitty front-nine, but I always get a burst of optimism when I get to the tenth tee and a "new nine".

We have the ability to be great and maybe - if we get in - it gives us a clean slate, a "new" season and a chance to do it right.

Plus, you'd be up against playoff caliber teams. It's much harder to play down to that level of competition.

Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:06 pm

JonM229 wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats********* I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

Plus, you'd be up against playoff caliber teams.  It's much harder to play down to that level of competition.

Sarcastic as that may be, you're absolutely right.

To continue my golf analogy, I always play better when I'm paired with quality players and I generally suck (or at least don't seem to care as much) when I'm stuck with the weekenders or the hobbyists.
If that can happen to a person, then why not a whole team?

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:21 pm

The Jets have already lost at home to the Bills this season, so it's not out of the question that they could lose to the Bills in Buffalo. Truth is, the Jets have benefited from an easy schedule this season. They've played 11 games against teams that currently have losing records, and their two most impressive wins are against the Redskins, who have also benefited from an easy schedule, and a depleted Patriots* team. Aside from losing at home to the Bills already, the Jets have also lost to the Eagles and Raiders. Their "strength of loss," so to speak, is only .533, versus .575 for the Steelers. Regardless of people's perception right now, this proves that the Jets are more susceptible to a bad loss than the Steelers are, especially when you consider that both the Steelers' bad losses came from the same team.

Of course, none of this matters if the Steelers don't take care of business against the Browns.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:44 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats********** I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

Plus, you'd be up against playoff caliber teams.  It's much harder to play down to that level of competition.

To continue my golf analogy, I always play better when I'm paired with quality players and I generally suck (or at least don't seem to care as much) when I'm stuck with the weekenders or the hobbyists.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.

Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 2:44 pm

JonM229 wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:
With the way the jets beat the Pats*********** I have little hope the bills can beat them but if they do I'll gladly take it. Our team just sleepwalked the Ravens game and got fairly beat. But I still would definitely want them to get in and get a chance at redemption.

Me?  Sarcastic?  Never.
Are you on the Ravens forum?
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Steelcitian wrote:
Are you on the Ravens forum?

I used to be on the official Ravens forum several years ago. There was a Steelers fan (Warden) on there who invited me to Steelers Universe, which eventually led me to this one.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Jets favored by 3 over Bills - Steelers favored by 10 over Browns

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Ravens DID sweep us. Sorry, I hate them and I hate giving them credit. As bad as the first game went with Scobee, we were pretty healthy against a 19 IR Ravens team and lost again. That's a sweep guys. Got to give them some credit.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 5:29 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Ravens DID sweep us. Sorry, I hate them and I hate giving them credit. As bad as the first game went with Scobee, we were pretty healthy against a 19 IR Ravens team and lost again. That's a sweep guys. Got to give them some credit.

Nope. Fuck them. Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) 3807339578

Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm playing it as if the season's already over, so as to not be let down.

Even if the Jets win, It'd be nice to put a big 'F8ck you' to the Browns and blow up the scoreboard against them. Might as well go out kicking.

That said, anything's possible and they were favored by 10 and lost. Though idk If this team makes it too far in the playoffs anyway.

Hopefully Blake goes in the offseason and they draft some secondary players.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)   Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills) Empty

Back to top Go down

Enough of this... on to the Browns (& Bills)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next