Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere

Go down 
+16
FrancoLambert
harrison'samonster
ImperialFan
DesertSteel
solardave
SteelCity4Life
WVABE
Steeler-in-west
Atlanta Dan
Fire Arians
IowaSteeler927
SoCalFan
SteelerSpartan
OX1947
JonM229
Hawaii 5-0
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
harrison'samonster wrote:
does he suffer from arrogance?  let's define the term arrogance:

ar·ro·gance
ˈerəɡəns/
noun
noun: arrogance

the quality of being arrogant.
   "the arrogance of this man is astounding"

doesn't really help   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 2164293255

this helps, a picture can be worth a thousand words:

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 Tomlin-celebrates

obviously that would be the picture next to the definition of arrogance in the dictionary

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 1797695198

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:26 pm

ar·ro·gance
ˈerəɡəns/
noun

doesn't really help   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 2164293255

*Looks up 'Redundant' in the dictionary*

See "Redundant"
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:31 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:

See Redundant

re·dun·dant
rəˈdəndənt/
adjective
adjective: redundant

The quality of using redundancy
"this redundant brewery is too redundant"

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 3211927700

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Hopefully this year is just an anomoly.... I'm sure Ben has a few more good non interception throwing seasons left in him. Its clear losing bell hurt this team. No matter how well DWil filled in for him you can't replace the best back in the league, especially in the passing game.

More than likely after tomorrow this nightmare of a season will be over with. Im not sure if I have more trust in us beating the browns or the bills beating the jets.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:54 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:

ar·ro·gance
ˈerəɡəns/
noun

See "Redundant"

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 Will-gay-joey-porter
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:17 am

celebrating = arrogant? players and coaches should have every right to celebrate a big play, they gotta have fun too
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:32 am

That Joey crawl was dumb, HE'S A FOCKING COACH! I even hate when coaches do the chest bump. Worst is when idiots celebrate a play when down by 3 scores in the 4th quarter. I guess I'm more a Heath type of guy, a simple spike and fist pump will do...

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 6:45 am

I love when players celebrate with their teammates. Individual celebrations have gotten extremely old and scripted. I still love when a player is genuinely excited about scoring and celebrating with the people that helped him get in the end zone in the first place. That's showing true love of the game and respecting and appreciating your teammates and what they just helped you accomplish. Nobody does anything by themselves in football......only in their heads and celebrations of themselves.

I have to tell you, when I see a player score a touchdown and then ignore teammates standing next to them and pushing them away so they can "express themselves", I get a little sick to my stomach. It screams selfishness to me.

I don't mind a little celebrating and then hugging your teammates, but the scripted, 10 second performances don't do it for me. Never have, never will.

Too many men just busted their asses to help that player score a touchdown to be ignored and watch one man get the credit while he worships himself in the end zone.

Just my opinion.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:06 am

I love it when a player scores and casually flips the ball to the ground or to an official.

It says, "this is why I get paid," "this is what the team expects of me," and "I've done this before."

Haven't seen it done for years. Stallworth and Swann were very good at this move.

Won't see it from the "ME" generation of athletes.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:19 am

Nothing says celebration like a good goalpost humping. You need him on that goalpost, you want him on that goalpost!

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 Usa-today-8982055.0
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:20 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Nothing says celebration like a good goalpost humping. You need him on that goalpost, you want him on that goalpost!

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 Usa-today-8982055.0

If he had "stuck the landing" instead of falling off, this would have made highlight reels for years to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere   Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers' arrogance has gotten them nowhere
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2