Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers need 'Good' Ben Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers need 'Good' Ben

Go down 
+9
SteelersNorth
SteelerSpartan
Steelcitian
jak341
EbonySteel86
Fire Arians
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SteelerEmpire
Hawaii 5-0
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Steelers need 'Good' Ben Empty
PostSubject: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:51 pm

Starkey: Steelers need 'Good' Ben

By Joe Starkey
Monday, Jan. 4, 2016

I can't get this Marvin Lewis “exorcism” quote out of my mind.

Lewis, the Cincinnati Bengals coach-who's-never-won-a-playoff-game, said it's time to slay the demons against the Steelers.

“It's time to right the ship,” Lewis told reporters Sunday. “You know, exorcism.”

I keep picturing Lewis, if the Bengals win, going to midfield with his head turned all the way round and shaking Mike Tomlin's hand.

But that's my problem. It's one way to analyze this game, too — from the psychological perspective (suffice to say, the Steelers are so far in the Bengals' heads it would take the Jaws of Life to pry them loose).

You could break it down a thousand different ways. I keep coming back to the quarterback matchup: Ben Roethlisberger versus Katherine Webb-McCarron's husband AJ.

That is why the Steelers are favored.

That is why the Steelers should win.

But there's a nagging question here. A fair one, too: Which Ben will the Steelers get Saturday?

Over the past two seasons, we've often seen one of two extremes: Historically Spectacular Ben (six touchdown passes on consecutive weeks) or Reckless Ben (remember the Baltimore game nine days ago?).

Sometimes both emerge on the same day...

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/9737407-74/ben-game-steelers#ixzz3wL30dk3x
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:12 pm

He hasn't been the same since that injury.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
He hasn't been the same since that injury.

The lower abdominal strain caused by the 50 extra pounds of donut weight?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:24 pm

damn AJ mcarron's wife is smokin hot lol
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:11 am

I really hope Bizzaro Ben doesn't show up this weekend. He needs to play smart ball, take what the defense is giving him, and don't try and force feed Brown like he's been doing. Good teams will capitalize on that and make him pay for it. This game is very winnable,  just have to play smart.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:19 am

Agreed. We need the Ben who was systematically dismantling secondaries by spreading the ball around, going for the short underneath routes when open, and not trying to win the game all by himself.

We don't need the gunslinger Ben who holds onto the ball, bombs it 30 yards downfield when all we need is 2, and wants to make a play happen so badly he throws an INT.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:32 am

Fire Arians wrote:
damn AJ mcarron's wife is smokin hot lol
Lets hope she weakens him the night before.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Steelers need 'Good' Ben Superman3_13

Hope Ben wins the battle with his evil self in the junkyard this week.

With no running game, Ben is going to have to shoulder the extra load.

Come on Ben...Lets go Steelers!!! Steelers need 'Good' Ben 3056903510

SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 pm

We need sans INT Ben, the spread the ball around Ben, the use what the give you Ben which then leads to victory Ben :)
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:19 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
We need sans INT Ben, the spread the ball around Ben, the use what the give you Ben which then leads to victory Ben :)

Don't bet the mortgage on that happening

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:29 pm

its the joke of how can you say great twice in the same sentance:
daughter (16) comes home and says to her father daddy I'm pregnant... he says, great, just fuckin' great.

the latter applies to what Ben said lol
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 pm

I have a feeling Ben comes out and plays a game on Saturday. I can just tell how much his recent struggles have bothered him. He takes that shit to heart. I think he will come out and spread the ball around. 400 yards 3td and 1 INT maybe?

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:43 pm

I would guess the coaches are sitting down with Ben and reminding him to take what the defense gives him. Don't force it into double coverage. I would bet the Bengals will try to take away his favorite target: Brown and maybe Wheaton or Bryant. Heath and the RB (hopefully its Williams) should be open all day.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:47 pm

No question this game centers around Ben, as it always does anyhow.

Imperial you're right. I remember him throwing a boneheaded pick vs the Broncos then seeing him with his head down afterwards. Even when we can't score a TD you can see his frustration on the sidelines.

I feel better, in fact much better, about night time big Ben vs day time big Ben. Seems to be doing good in prime time this season. Let's hope that trend continues Saturday night.

Sucks about our RB situation. Football gods hate this team, I swear it.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Steelers need 'Good' Ben 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers need 'Good' Ben   Steelers need 'Good' Ben Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers need 'Good' Ben
Page 1 of 1