Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition

Go down 
+21
Fire Arians
pczach
Rick5895
effyou515
solardave
DesertSteel
OX1947
ImperialFan
EbonySteel86
Wallace108
SoCalFan
Steel Peon
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelerSpartan
BlackAndGold
FrancoLambert
FanSince72
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
jak341
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition Empty
PostSubject: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:30 am

Gameballs:
Tousaunt (or however you spell it). - Not bad. Not bad at all. Good game by the 3rd (or 4th) string running back. He is exactly what we heard he was: he can hit the hole and get yards, but isn't going to make a play if one isn't there.
Boswell - Clutch.

Goats:
Coaching - although we won, the coaching wasn't great tonight. Too many 3 and 2 plays where we are bombing it yet.
Steelers's WRs - Brown had a decent game, but the rest were taken out of the game too often. Could have been the weather though, so I am not that concerned.
O-Line - Not a great game. Cincinnati's D line was chewing them up and spitting them up all game.

Special Goat:
The Bungals.

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 am

Goats - Bengals Nation

Just take next year off - the pain will be less
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:33 am

Double Trouble- Toussant and Todman deserve a lot of credit. A lot of people acted like these guys were just scrums but they both had nice games on the ground. Agree with Boswell too. I haven't felt this comfy with a game on the line since Skippy Reed. I liked Suisham but I never had the comfort I do with Bos and what's more is Bos is a young guy so I think he could easily be a Steelers mainstay for years to come. I can't really fault the coaching too hard. I think we walk out with a fairly easy win had Ben not gotten hurt. But fair point anyhow. I'll give a honorably ball to Ben. Showed a lot of heart.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:34 am

I'm not even gonna critique this game. It was like a Greek myth.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:35 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
I'm not even gonna critique this game. It was like a Greek myth.
It's a game I'm going to remember for a while. My brother watching the two minute drill with me but when Landry threw the pick, he left but as soon as Hill fumbled, I got him back down because I had a feeling and well you saw the rest. It was just amazing. It kind of bothers me that the penalties aided us since Cincy fans and Steelers haters will insist that's the only reason why we won but as my brother said it was their idiocy after all.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:39 am

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition Dear%20vontaze_zpsf4enhlxb

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:39 am

FanSince72 wrote:
Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition Dear%20vontaze_zpsf4enhlxb
Nice. Man I just loved watching Burfict go from hero to goat.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:41 am

Game Balls:  Touissant and Todman provided a respectable running game which surprised me.
                  Boswell....the kid is a solid kicker.
                  Martavis.....his catch  Shocked

But WTF was Tomlin doing going for 2.....bad coaching decision no matter now the game ends.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

Absolutely!

Especially after his pick when he and his posse ran into the tunnel waving bye-bye.
When I saw that I wished that there could be some way to fuck him over...

...and then the universe smiled and said, "Here you go!"

There's a reason why Marvin Lewis never wins in the postseason and I think this game went a long way to show why that's so.
When you lie with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 am

FanSince72 wrote:

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition 1647293567

Nice letter.

Burfict and Pac-Man blowing the game......it was perfect.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

Shazier was all over the field. 13 combined tackles. 2 PD & 2 forced fumbles(the hit on Gio & the Hill fumble, which helped win the game)

Last edited by BlackAndGold on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:46 am

Everything in this season has been so Storybook it would almost be a crime against god if none of this is on an America's Game Dvd under my TV.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:46 am

Marvin may be feeling a lot of heat in Cinci during the off season......which for him, began tonight.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:49 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Marvin may be feeling a lot of heat in Cinci during the off season......which for him, began tonight.
He'll be back. Mike Brown loves the guy. It just amazes me how long he's been coaching and without a playoff win to his name. He's not a bad coach but if I were Cincy, I really would start to wonder if he's ever going to get over the hump.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:54 am

Game balls:
Ben --- got his clutch nuts back (we missed them!)
Defense --- great game overall

Goats:
None. Absolutely none.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:01 am

the gauntlet of emotions man....such a crazy game.

I want to rip and gloat on the Bengals for the classless group that they and a group of their fans are....

But the injuries to Ben and especially antonio have me feeling deflated.....the hit he took was Hellacious....and it felt like my heart got stabbed when it happened.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:17 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
Shazier was all over the field. 13 combined tackles. 2 PD & 2 forced fumbles(the hit on Gio & the Hill fumble, which helped win the game)

Agree with this, Shazier was impactful. Ben, Tousaint, Todman, Bryant and some solid blocking by the O line. D-line got good push at the start, but tired at the end.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:53 am

BlackAndGold wrote:

This. MVP of the game, and a player who truly NEVER gave up.

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:01 am

If Ben does not come back in, we do not win, period! My split is between Ben and Shaizier, dude was beast...

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition $_35Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition 12366219_460520250799399_6507014700224562339_n
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:30 am

This one is easy. Game ball goes to Toussaint and Todman. On a day when we had to rely on the running game, in a playoff game nonetheless, they stepped up to provide a 1-2 punch that reminded me a little of the Morris and Pegram combination. A number of players stepped up today, but these two running backs deserve special attention for shouldering the offensive load.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:35 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
He'll be back. Mike Brown loves the guy. It just amazes me how long he's been coaching and without a playoff win to his name. He's not a bad coach but if I were Cincy, I really would start to wonder if he's ever going to get over the hump.

Marvin owns the Ravens, and he gives us a run for our money. Truth is, if the Bengals played smart ball, their advancing and that's with a back up qb. He isn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:38 am

Wallace108 wrote:
This one is easy. Game ball goes to Toussaint and Todman. On a day when we had to rely on the running game, in a playoff game nonetheless, they stepped up to provide a 1-2 punch that reminded me a little of the Morris and Pegram combination. A number of players stepped up today, but these two running backs deserve special attention for shouldering the offensive load.
The only thing I didn't like about our running game is that I felt we didn't use it enough. Expecially the series when Ben got hurt.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:25 am

Hey it worked out for the best

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:35 am

if shazier plays all 16 games in a season in the next few years, he has the ability to win DOPY. He singlehandly saved this team and should have had a TD on top of all those stats.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:15 am

DesertSteel wrote:
Game balls:
Ben --- got his clutch nuts back (we missed them!)
Defense --- great game overall

Goats:
None. Absolutely none.

I have to add to mine and mention Shazier. Dude was a beast and is the reason we got the last chance with that forced fumble. If that guy can every play 16 games... watch out!

Honorable Mention to the Double T's at RB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition   Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowls of Skyline Chili [gameballs] and Burfects [G.O.A.T.S.] - the Steelers and Bungals Edition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next