Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn to Denver... - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On to Denver...

Go down 
+12
WVABE
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
stlrtruck
The_Joker
Fire Arians
jak341
rellimie
pczach
vasteeler
Wallace108
OX1947
Stryker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TESS743

TESS743

On to Denver... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Denver...   On to Denver... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Stryker wrote:
You guys should read how arrogant Denver fans are. Fuck that city and its people.
Let them be arrogant. They probably were biting at their chops ten years ago when they had the 1 seed to get us. Be careful what you wish for Broncos fans.

I think the Steelers are in the Broncos' heads too, they seem to be more concerned with getting payback on Cody Wallace than winning the game.

I'm so tired of these teams trying to hurt our players. I know what Wallace did was egregious, but he was sticking up for his teammate. Funny how the Broncos' don't seem to remember that their player speared AB when he was already down. Bet, they would have retaliated in some way if the situation was reversed. Wallace was fined for his actions, which he should have been. They seem to forget that too. I hope they are so concerned with getting even that they hang themselves. And, I pray the no one else on our team gets hurt. I really hope we win this game and send them home to the zoo to be with the Bengals.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Denver...   On to Denver... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:22 am

jak341 wrote:
Stryker wrote:
You guys should read how arrogant Denver fans are. Fuck that city and its people.

Many a fan base say the same about us.

Can't understand why, we're a delight!

On to Denver... - Page 2 1549491426

I agree with the sarcasm. Seattle fans were pretty obnoxious, but some of my fellow Steeler fans were just adding fuel to the fire with "6 rings ...how many you got?" talk.

If I am Denver fan, I know the Steelers won, at home, with AB just going off and Peyton Manning was wearing jeans. They should be cocky and confident, as they are in a much better place the the Steelers from a health standpoint. But, lets kick it off Sunday and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to Denver...   On to Denver... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:16 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Stryker wrote:
Let them be arrogant. They probably were biting at their chops ten years ago when they had the 1 seed to get us. Be careful what you wish for Broncos fans.

They can be arrogant all they want, they have a real chance to beat us while we've got guys limping around. But I don't see them winning the Super Bowl even if they manage to make it past the AFC Championship game. Manning has strength in his arm, but no touch. The accuracy that once made him an Elite quarterback is extremely hit and miss. He either sails his throws, or he underthrows his receivers. I've been watching enough of this guy since last season to see that he is now a game manager, nothing more, and nothing less. I am actually more comfortable going up against Manning, who has limited mobility, and wild accuracy playing behind an offensive line that really hasn't played well. I look for Keith Butler to be extremely aggressive on defense throwing every different kind of blitz at Manning and forcing him to make quick accurate throws under pressure.

Truth be told I'd be more worried taking on Osweiler as he has a stronger arm, and can push the ball down the field more to guys like Sanders and Thomas. Manning has trouble, especially with his deep throws which could lead to some interceptions for us defensively. Manning also historically plays awful in the cold, so I'm hoping that history continues to repeat itself.

What we really need to be worried about is their defense. Once again, the O-Line needs to show up in a big way. Whomever is under center, and I believe it's going to be Ben, needs to be kept clean. There also needs to be holes for the running game. If we can have a somewhat effective running game this go-round, then it'll help take some pressure off of our QB. I'm looking for Todman to break one when the Broncos come blitzing and Todman uses that speed to beat the secondary.

It's going to be a good game, and a hard fought one. If we end up losing this one, I'm okay with it, it will suck, but at least we'll have lost to a team that has some class, rather than those scum in Cinci.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Denver...   On to Denver... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:53 am

Can we get on to Denver already? All I see on the board is crying that people are calling the Steelers bad names over the Bengals game. Grow some skin and pretend your team is still in the playoffs....oh wait, they are.

I think AB clears and plays, how effective who really knows. Ben on the other hand I think will be limited by the shoulder and probably ends up throwing more 30 yard and shorter routes, which might be fine. Thinking its time for Toussaint to pick up the blitz and we see Heath Miller getting more in the offense.

Defensively, Peyton is going to see the blitz and check away from it. that is fine if he checks to run and the Steelers can stop it. I still think we load up on the run and let Manning try to beat us with his old arm. He doesn't get the ball deep to Sanders as well any more, so put it on his weak arm to beat us I say.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to Denver...   On to Denver... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 2:20 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Can we get on to Denver already?  All I see on the board is crying that people are calling the Steelers bad names over the Bengals game.  Grow some skin and pretend your team is still in the playoffs....oh wait, they are.

I think AB clears and plays, how effective who really knows.  Ben on the other hand I think will be limited by the shoulder and probably ends up throwing more 30 yard and shorter routes, which might be fine.  Thinking its time for Toussaint to pick up the blitz and we see Heath Miller getting more in the offense.

Defensively, Peyton is going to see the blitz and check away from it.  that is fine if he checks to run and the Steelers can stop it.  I still think we load up on the run and let Manning try to beat us with his old arm.  He doesn't get the ball deep to Sanders as well any more, so put it on his weak arm to beat us I say.  

If Manning plays bad, throws a couple of picks, or something along those lines I fully expect that Kubiak will make the switch to Osweiler if he feels his team needs a spark. This is the game, this is the opportunity for our defense to come out and assert themselves. They need to show up for this game, and any subsequent games in a big way. They can't expect the offense with a wounded Roethlisberger, and a concussed Brown to carry the team as they've done in the past. They can't blow coverages, and give up easy big plays. They can't let teams gash them with the run. They need to show that they've improved as a unit. The stage doesn't get much bigger than this for them to go out and prove themselves. In the past we knew we could rely on our defense, right now they're still a relative question mark. I just hope the defense doesn't come out like they did against Denver the first time and spot them 27 points right off the bat.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On to Denver...   On to Denver... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

On to Denver...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2