Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings

Go down 
+5
FrancoLambert
jak341
Buddha Bus
Atlanta Dan
Vis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings Empty
PostSubject: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:50 pm

It will be a cold day in Minnesota before I root for the Vikings.

oh....

Lose Seahags, lose!

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Got my Green Man IPA poured.

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Mike Wallace sighting! 3rd and 1

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Terrible pass attempt.

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Sneak for the first down on 4th and 1. Playing to win. I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:19 pm

One of the benefits of winning a Saturday playoff game is enjoying the Sunday games and letting other fan bases stress out

Teaser bet of Hawks +2/Washington +6 today after winning my Chiefs and losing my Steelers bet yesterday
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:24 pm

punter face plant. I give it a 4.9

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Vis wrote:
punter face plant.   I give it a 4.9

Was it too much on the blood splash?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Seahawks in big trouble
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Seahawks in big trouble

Divine providence has intervened.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Vikings kicker did what I feared would happen on the Boswell chip shot to win the game last night
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Vis wrote:
Mike Wallace sighting!  3rd and 1

Mike Wallace hasn't lost a step in the ego department.....after an 8 yard gain.....he signals 1st down......
I guess he didn't realize it was 2nd and 10 at the time.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Vikings kicker did what I feared would happen on the Boswell chip shot to win the game last night

Except that Boswell's holder knows that laces matter.

Boswell is clutch, BTW.
Crazy clutch!

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:29 am

Yeah, laces out and all...I think Walsh plant foot was too close and he hooked it. Sucks, too as I was hoping Seattle would get bounced.

From the game I went to in Seattle, there were a lot of fair weather bandwagon fans that looked like this was just the hot thing to do because the team is winning and losing in the wildcard would give them a dose of reality of being a football fan. IMO

I met a guy from Vancouver, Canada that said he has season tickets and goes to 4 games and sells the other 4 online. He spent a season on the waiting list, but got his tickets the 2nd year and there.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:39 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Yeah, laces out and all...I think Walsh plant foot was too close and he hooked it.  Sucks, too as I was hoping Seattle would get bounced.  

In MMQB this morning Peter King says the laces would not be that big a deal from that distance

Watching the kick over and over, it’s clear that, as in golf, bad things happen when you try too hard, and bad things happen when you try to kill the ball.

Bad things, as in hurrying your stride and hooking the ball—both of which Walsh did....

I called a veteran special teams coach, Mike Westhoff, now retired, and asked him about it. “You’re supposed to kick with the laces facing out,” Westhoff said. “That makes the ball go straight. But on a kick that short, it's not going to affect it much. I feel terrible for Blair. He messed it up. He was fast. He hooked it, just like a golfer pulling across the ball. He just mis-hit it. A shame.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/10/blair-walsh-minnesota-vikings-nfl-playoffs-wild-card

In addition to the moment maybe being too big for him, I think Walsh may have hooked it left by trying to speed it up after Sherman nearly blocked a previous kick by coming in from the right side

Sucks for Blair Walsh while the Vikings breakdown after Russell Wilson recovered when the botched snap got past him probably will be forgotten

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
From the game I went to in Seattle, there were a lot of fair weather bandwagon fans that looked like this was just the hot thing to do because the team is winning and losing in the wildcard would give them a dose of reality of being a football fan. IMO

I met a guy from Vancouver, Canada that said he has season tickets and goes to 4 games and sells the other 4 online. He spent a season on the waiting list, but got his tickets the 2nd year and there.

I think you find bandwagon fans everywhere - check out some of the late season crowds at Heinz when the Steelers have been out of it and the availability of Steelers tickets on StubHub or SeatGeek. You could not give Steelers tickets away for many games in the late Noll era.

All I know is that the enthusiasm of the Seahawks crowds for the two games I have attended at CenturyLink has left the Steelers crowds in the dust for games I have attended the last few years at Heinz. Part of that may be the Steelers success for so long has resulted in the season ticket holders being older, which makes someone less enthusiastic about standing up and yelling as much.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings CYY05BmUsAAnvZj

Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings 57316650

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Billy Cundiff, is that you?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings   Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings Empty

Back to top Go down

Wildcard round - Seahawks at Vikings
Page 1 of 1