Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhat's up with Big Ben? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

What's up with Big Ben?

Go down 
+15
El-Gonzo Jackson
FrancoLambert
harrison'samonster
Fire Arians
BlackAndGold
OX1947
Vis
fer69
Atlanta Dan
Buddha Bus
SteelerSpartan
LambertWardSteel
Hawaii 5-0
Stryker
The_Joker
19 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Joker

The_Joker

What's up with Big Ben? Empty
PostSubject: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:35 pm

I'm hearing it could be a sprain or separated shoulder. No Ben = no win. What does everyone think it is?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Michael Vick Super Bowl MVP

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:41 pm

Mike Tomlin doesn’t know if Ben Roethlisberger will play at Denver

PIGSKIN NEWS JANUARY 10, 2016
JON SCHLOSSER

What's up with Big Ben? 450m67_1509271883_Steelers_at_Rams-1000x565

Steelers’ head coach Mike Tomlin isn’t sure if he’ll have quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for next week’s playoff game, as the Steelers travel to Denver to take on the Broncos. Roethlisberger suffered a shoulder injury in last night’s game against the Bengals, on a brutal sack. He was taken off on a cart, but later returned in heroic fashion to lead the Steelers to the win.

According to Tomlin, he has “no indication” about his QB’s health. He also doesn’t know if Antonio Brown, who suffered a concussion in the game, will be able to play or not.

Roethlisberger himself was asked about his arm after the game, but he wouldn’t talk about it, just saying that the only thing that mattered was the win. While that was true last night, it’s not true this morning, as the Steelers need to know how healthy they can get before taking on the Broncos, who are sitting around on the bye week and getting healthy themselves.

Judging by last night, Roethlisberger isn’t going to let the injury keep him out of the game. He refused to stay out even when it happened. He’ll want to play against Denver and will do so if at all possible.

The real question, then, is how much he’ll be able to do. Last night, after getting hurt, he really didn’t throw the ball down the field much at all. Most of his passes were short throws and swing passes, and the Steelers even ran the ball once as the clock ran down.

Backup Landry Jones will play if Roethlisberger can’t, but he did not inspire confidence against the Bengals. He was under 50 percent—five for 11—and threw a pick that looked at the time like it cost the Steelers the game—until a fumble gave the ball back.

http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/mike-tomlin-doesnt-know-if-ben-roethlisberger-will-play-at-denver/
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Ed Bouchette at Post Gazette just Tweeted: Ben Roethlisberger just said briefly he had MRI and is day to day. Shoulder is "sore"

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Can't believe anything steelers say.....you'll have to watch if Ben gets a practice in

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:49 pm

His cholesterol? What's up with Big Ben? 2087824411

Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:56 pm

What's up with Big Ben? Kander_miyagi_medium

Someone figure out the healing miyagi rub technique

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Sprained AC joint is the consensus

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/10/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-steelers-bengals-nfl-playoffs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620376/article/ben-roethlisberger-believed-to-have-sprained-ac-joint
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Give him some cookies and milk and he'll be good to go

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:05 pm

toughen up, Ben

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Nothing a little cortisone shot won't fix.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Or some Toradol
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Rest up this week he should be good enough to play, he'll be sore, but noting he can't handle.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:44 pm

its a good thing it was a saturday game, extra day to heal can't hurt
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:48 pm

they gave him the concussion test

how many cookies are you holding in your hand at this moment?

at first it didn't look too good

What's up with Big Ben? Cookiemonster-o

What's up with Big Ben? 9128f3ea04208ca23775767b466d474a

but after a few minutes the doctors backed out of the room slowly, fearing for their lives

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Vis wrote:
toughen up, Ben

Yeah....talk about being a drama queen.  What's up with Big Ben? 1890901109
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:19 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
Rest up this week he should be good enough to play, he'll be sore, but noting he can't handle.

Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:22 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14542946/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-says-day-day-sore-shoulder

The Pittsburgh Steelers hold optimism that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can play through what the team initially believed was a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder, according to a source.

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 11:57 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14542946/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-says-day-day-sore-shoulder

The Pittsburgh Steelers hold optimism that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can play through what the team initially believed was a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder, according to a source.

Yeah, that is the speculation I heard. I separated my A/C joint before and there isn't much you can do but rest and time. Physiotherapist taped it down to support the clavicle in healing and I really could not get my arm above my head that well.

If Ben has an AC issue like that, he isn't going to be throwing the long ball and may adjust his throwing style to more 3/4 delivery than over the top. That is if he can even throw at all. Lets hope for the best.

Finally, I never really got into the whole topic of whether Ben likes to be dramatic about things or not. But, if he sprained an A/C joint and could throw at the end of the game....why did he get carted off and not just walk to the locker room?? What's up with Big Ben? 2829330259
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:31 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerSpartan wrote:

Yeah, that is the speculation I heard.  I separated my A/C joint before and there isn't much you can do but rest and time.  Physiotherapist taped it down to support the clavicle in healing and I really could not get my arm above my head that well.

If Ben has an AC issue like that, he isn't going to be throwing the long ball and may adjust his throwing style to more 3/4 delivery than over the top.  That is if he can even throw at all.  Lets hope for the best.

Finally, I never really got into the whole topic of whether Ben likes to be dramatic about things or not.  But, if he sprained an A/C joint and could throw at the end of the game....why did he get carted off and not just walk to the locker room?? What's up with Big Ben? 2829330259

I wouldn't doubt that the team wanted him to take the cart off the field because they wanted to keep it immobilized as much as possible plus all the stuff being thrown from the stands on the long walk back to the locker room.

It may have been a safety issue.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:44 pm

game day shot, and repeat as needed throughout the game.

This season is starting to look eerily familiar.

WC: Cincinnati
Div: Denver

The only thing changing will be whether we go to KC or New England.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION What's up with Big Ben? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Ben will play. I'm not sure whether he exaggerates injury, is a fast healer, or both. But he will play.

Btw, I think both.

Last edited by DesertSteel on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Would Ben's shoulder have suffered less if he wasn't so goddamn fat?

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:00 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Would Ben's shoulder have suffered less if he wasn't so goddamn fat?

That cushioned the fall - it is like your body's own bubble wrap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Big Ben?   What's up with Big Ben? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's up with Big Ben?
Page 1 of 1