Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeI wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!

Go down 
+10
Atlanta Dan
Craziaskowboi
LambertWardSteel
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
WVABE
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
QueenstownPa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! Empty
PostSubject: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:39 pm

This happens ALL THE TIME!

As a matter of fact, I just watched the replay and at 1:31 remaining in the third quarter, when Shazier hit Bernard, there were "numerous" Bengal coaches on the field. And subsequently, when Jeremy Hill squared off against some Steeler players while Bernard was down, damn near the entire Bengals team came on the field; coaches, players, vaginal swabbers, medical staff, analysts, etc. were all over the field and entangling with players!

THIS IS A NON-ISSUE!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:41 pm

I do too. It happens. And no one forced PacMan to react the way he did to Porter and the ref. He didn't like the call on BurficT? Well tough shit, we had a lot of calls go against us too. Cincy and their whiny fans can fuck off. They lost this one fair and square and it really shouldn't have been closed. Steelers Depot has video of Green false starting before his TD too.
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:45 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I do too. It happens. And no one forced PacMan to react the way he did to Porter and the ref. He didn't like the call on BurficT? Well tough shit, we had a lot of calls go against us too. Cincy and their whiny fans can fuck off. They lost this one fair and square and it really shouldn't have been closed. Steelers Depot has video of Green false starting before his TD too.

Just watched that! It's a clear false start! The refs missed more than they saw!
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm

We have been very fortunate these past 2 weeks. If someone told be that after losing to the ravens that we would be playing in the divisional round I'd say they were crazy. There will be a point where our luck will run out and we will need to win with great play. We will need to bring our A game to Denver.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm

They should blame their own players for reacting the way they did, Pac man's excuse is just childish
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:49 pm

QueenstownPa wrote:

Just watched that!  It's a clear false start!  The refs missed more than they saw!
So yeah you combine that with the missed call on the first Shazier FF, that's another f up against us that changes the game. It really reminds me of how the Seattle fans were convinced the refs took SBXL from them and gave it to us while they ignored calls that went against us. I am not too upset about the false start (okay, it's because we won) but I just get pissed by fans of other teams saying we benefited from poor officiating and never seeing that we get screwed by it too.
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:50 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
We have been very fortunate these past 2 weeks. If someone told be that after losing to the ravens that we would be playing in the divisional round I'd say they were crazy. There will be a point where our luck will run out and we will need to win with great play. We will need to bring our A game to Denver.

I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! 1647293567 I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! 1647293567 I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! 1647293567

And Tomlin needs to clean up the chicken shit being committed by the good guys too before it costs "us" a game!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:51 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
That's how the game is. We locked up the division last year and were one and done. This year we were the last team in. But it is quite a turn of events to go from being despondent about our chances after that ugly Ravens game to now being one step further in the playoffs. I'm happy. I think we match up real well against Denver especially if they stick with Peyton.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:39 pm

I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! CYZ6kP8WAAAPkr8
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:04 pm

I don't think Asst coaches are supposed to be on the field in a player injury situation. Peezy is a smack talker and the refs lost control of the game.

All they had to do was;
- not fumble the football inside of 2 minutes to play
- not allow passing yardage to a QB with a separated shoulder
-not hit a defenseless WR

...to give up what would have been a 51 yard FG that Boswell likely would have made so they could still cry after the game.

Best Wildcard melt down since the Browns let Tommy Maddox come back from 17 points down around 2001. Fun times bitches!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:15 pm

I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! Porter_635x250_1452553672
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:17 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I don't think Asst coaches are supposed to be on the field in a player injury situation.  Peezy is a smack talker and the refs lost control of the game.

All they had to do was;
- not fumble the football inside of 2 minutes to play
- not allow passing yardage to a QB with a separated shoulder
-not hit a defenseless WR

...to give up what would have been a 51 yard FG that Boswell likely would have made so they could still cry after the game.  

Best Wildcard melt down since the Browns let Tommy Maddox come back from 17 points down around 2001.  Fun times bitches!

This is one of the best things I've read about this cluster fuck! I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! 1647293567
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:17 pm

I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! 1647293567

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Knowing Porter from his playing days I wonder how close he was to a fistfight. He's too smart for that, and showed composure, but he's the type guy that wouldn't think twice taking on a player in uniform with helmet.

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:04 pm

If there really is a rule against assistant coaches being on the field during timeouts, then it's the "keep right except to pass" of NFL rules: Technically it exists, but it's never enforced.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:52 pm

Great article on what Steelers retired vets were thinking as they watched Peezy enter the fray Saturday night

“It's amazing,” says former Steelers center Jeff Hartings of long-time teammate Porter. “He won the game for us.” ...  

Watching from home, Hartings had all kinds of thoughts when he spotted Porter.

“What's he doing out there? Is he smart enough to go out and instigate a 15-yard penalty? That's what I was thinking,” Hartings says. “I'm sure he was concerned for AB, as we all were. But the fact is, this was the Bengals, with all the bad blood and emotion, and Joey seems to gravitate to that.”

Ike Taylor, another old Porter teammate, had a different thought.

“Don't hit him, Peezy! Don't hit him!” Taylor recalls yelling. “He had that smirk like, ‘You're gonna bring me back to the old Peezy.' ” ...

James Farrior, the ring leader of the '05 defense, tweeted the following after Yack Man snapped on Porter: “Great play Joey!! Still in their heads.” ...

Just last week, Farrior was asked by Yahoo's Eric Edholm if the Steelers still are in the Bengals' heads.

Farrior said yes, adding, “And if not, Joey Porter will remind them.”

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarkey/9778420-74/porter-steelers-bengals#axzz3wtuelLzN
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:46 am

Craziaskowboi wrote:
If there really is a rule against assistant coaches being on the field during timeouts, then it's the "keep right except to pass" of NFL rules: Technically it exists, but it's never enforced.

According to NFL rules, medical staff, trainers, attendants and the head coach can come out onto the field to check on the welfare of an injured player. With an injury that appears to be more serious, however, players and other staff sometimes come out on the field to check on the player.

Saturday night's officiating crew in Cincinnati gave Porter the benefit of the doubt, as there was real concern for Brown
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/14540853/joey-porter-pittsburgh-steelers-fined-going-field-cincinnati-bengals

Yes, its an actual rule.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:15 am

I really don't care about coaches being on the field when a player is hurt. It happens all the time and nobody says a damn thing about it. The Bengals are just looking for excuses, scapegoats, to soften the blow of that loss. They lost because they let their emotions get the best of them, they lost because they play dirty football, they lost because they somehow fumbled the ball away with only a 1:36 left to play. I would also argue that we would've won the game more handily if it wasn't for Burfict throwing his full weight down on Ben, and then kneeing him in the shoulder on top of that... Ben was picking them apart. We were up 15-0, and they didn't start scoring until Ben was out of the game, and our offense couldn't muster a drive. That had our defense out on the field sucking wind, and the Bengals were then able to put together drives, which they hadn't been able to do all game before. Without Ben's injury, I fully believe they wouldn't of even come close. Ben even managed to pick them apart with a limp shoulder.

The other thing in particular that pisses me off is the clowns whining about the Shazier hit. First off it was legal, most of his hit went directly into Bernard's right shoulder. If you watch the video you can see his body turning back and to his left which proves my point. The helmet contact was incidental as Bernard had already taken two steps and established himself as a runner, he also helped set himself up to take some of that impact in his facemask by stopping and hesitating. Shazier was already coming in to hit him at that time. It was a perfectly legal hit, but people are interpreting the rules themselves to their own liking. Mike Pereira even came out and said it was a legal hit. I've even heard it argued that the first personal foul the Bengals were hit with shouldn't of been a flag, and people wanted to know how it was different. I actually agree that hit, which I believe occurred during the 1st Quarter, shouldn't have been flagged, but the Officials are out on the field having to make these calls on the fly during the full speed of the game. They don't have the benefit of slow motion replays to armchair officiate everything like those of us sitting at home. Gil Brandt on NFL radio said that in today's NFL they are going to throw the flag on those types of hit more often than not. So the bitching about it afterwards is just petty, and pointless as it'll never change anything. It's the flagrant ones that don't get called that should piss people off, but the Shazier hit on Bernard was not flagrant, it was purely incidental. As for Shazier celebrating it afterward, that was just him giving the Bengals a taste of their own medicine. The fact that it upset them so badly, just goes to show how hugely hypocritical they are in light of Burfict celebrating Bell's season ending knee injury. Shazier has since apologized to Bernard, to my knowledge Burfict never has.

At the end of the day we won. So they can be as salty as they want. They can cry, and make excuses, and point fingers at this or that... But the only reason they lost was because of their own mistakes. If Hill doesn't fumble that ball they very likely win the game. If Burfict doesn't throw a cheapshot to Brown's head, and Pacman doesn't go out shoving opposing coaches and officials then they don't get flagged again setting Boswell up with an easy chip shot. The most laughable thing in it all that I've heard is Marvin Lewis saying that a guy like Burfict wasn't yet "over the edge", which just goes to show how out of touch with reality the coaching staff in Cincinnati truly is. Our guys did some stupid things as well, Munchak grabbing a handful of Reggie Nelson's hair being the dumbest thing I saw... We were still far more composed than the Bengals ever were. That extra bit of composure is why we won the last matchup, and it's why we won this one.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:39 am

^Agree with what you said 100% Iowa, just hope these continued criticisms and opinion pieces being directed at porter and the Steelers don't detract from preparing for this Sunday. Bengals and their lousy DC Guenther ought to keep their traps shut and accept their loss and work on taking care of their own house.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:48 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I really don't care about coaches being on the field when a player is hurt. It happens all the time and nobody says a damn thing about it. The Bengals are just looking for excuses, scapegoats, to soften the blow of that loss. They lost because they let their emotions get the best of them, they lost because they play dirty football, they lost because they somehow fumbled the ball away with only a 1:36 left to play. I would also argue that we would've won the game more handily if it wasn't for Burfict throwing his full weight down on Ben, and then kneeing him in the shoulder on top of that... Ben was picking them apart. We were up 15-0, and they didn't start scoring until Ben was out of the game, and our offense couldn't muster a drive. That had our defense out on the field sucking wind, and the Bengals were then able to put together drives, which they hadn't been able to do all game before. Without Ben's injury, I fully believe they wouldn't of even come close. Ben even managed to pick them apart with a limp shoulder.

The other thing in particular that pisses me off is the clowns whining about the Shazier hit. First off it was legal, most of his hit went directly into Bernard's right shoulder. If you watch the video you can see his body turning back and to his left which proves my point. The helmet contact was incidental as Bernard had already taken two steps and established himself as a runner, he also helped set himself up to take some of that impact in his facemask by stopping and hesitating. Shazier was already coming in to hit him at that time. It was a perfectly legal hit, but people are interpreting the rules themselves to their own liking. Mike Pereira even came out and said it was a legal hit. I've even heard it argued that the first personal foul the Bengals were hit with shouldn't of been a flag, and people wanted to know how it was different. I actually agree that hit, which I believe occurred during the 1st Quarter, shouldn't have been flagged, but the Officials are out on the field having to make these calls on the fly during the full speed of the game. They don't have the benefit of slow motion replays to armchair officiate everything like those of us sitting at home. Gil Brandt on NFL radio said that in today's NFL they are going to throw the flag on those types of hit more often than not. So the bitching about it afterwards is just petty, and pointless as it'll never change anything. It's the flagrant ones that don't get called that should piss people off, but the Shazier hit on Bernard was not flagrant, it was purely incidental. As for Shazier celebrating it afterward, that was just him giving the Bengals a taste of their own medicine. The fact that it upset them so badly, just goes to show how hugely hypocritical they are in light of Burfict celebrating Bell's season ending knee injury.

At the end of the day we won. So they can be as salty as they want. They can cry, and make excuses, and point fingers at this or that... But the only reason they lost was because of their own mistakes. If Hill doesn't fumble that ball they very likely win the game. If Burfict doesn't throw a cheapshot to Brown's head, and Pacman doesn't go out shoving opposing coaches and officials then they don't get flagged again setting Boswell up with an easy chip shot. The most laughable thing in it all that I've heard is Marvin Lewis saying that a guy like Burfict wasn't yet "over the edge", which just goes to show how out of touch with reality the coaching staff in Cincinnati truly is. Our guys did some stupid things as well, Munchak grabbing a handful of Reggie Nelson's hair being the dumbest thing I saw... We were still far more composed than the Bengals ever were. That extra bit of composure is why we won the last matchup, and it's why we won this one.

Outstanding post
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 7:36 am

QueenstownPa wrote:

As a matter of fact, I just watched the replay and at 1:31 remaining in the third quarter, when Shazier hit Bernard, there were "numerous" Bengal coaches on the field.  And subsequently, when Jeremy Hill squared off against some Steeler players while Bernard was down, damn near the entire Bengals team came on the field; coaches, players, vaginal swabbers, medical staff, analysts, etc. were all over the field and entangling with players!

THIS IS A NON-ISSUE!

Not only that... but, on AB's concussion time out, there were several Bengals coaches walking around, too.

If Joey had "no reason" to visit AB, those Bengals coaches had even less reason to be out there.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:56 am

Media starting to turn up heat on Porter with more and more articles coming out questioning about Porter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bengals-dc--joey-porter--an-embarrassment-to-coaching-profession-221615618.html
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:03 am

teegre wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:

As a matter of fact, I just watched the replay and at 1:31 remaining in the third quarter, when Shazier hit Bernard, there were "numerous" Bengal coaches on the field.  And subsequently, when Jeremy Hill squared off against some Steeler players while Bernard was down, damn near the entire Bengals team came on the field; coaches, players, vaginal swabbers, medical staff, analysts, etc. were all over the field and entangling with players!

THIS IS A NON-ISSUE!

Not only that... but, on AB's concussion time out, there were several Bengals coaches walking around, too.  

If Joey had "no reason" to visit AB, those Bengals coaches had even less reason to be out there.  

Exactly. Everyone's focused on Porter but what about the CIncy coaches.None of their guys were even hurt. I'm sure Porter can afford the fine or perhaps the team will even pool together to pay it for him out of principle but this is just so stupid. And honestly if Porter goaded PacMan, so be it, Jones chose to get physical and that's what drew the foul. And I'll add another thing. We still had 18 seconds and an automatic first down after the Burfict penalty on AB. Who's to say that we don't get even closer on the next play? Yeah perhaps Ben gets picked off too I concede. Anyhow, the thing that I wish people would focus on is the fact that this game really shouldn't have been close. Shazier had a fumble recovered for a TD at the end of the third quarter and it would have been a three possesion game going into the fourth likely with a healthy Ben and if that happens, we're probably running the clock out and Burfict doesn't have the ability to hit Ben in the first place. Cincy should be just counting their blessings that it was as close as it was rather than being the sore losers they're being.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!   I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field! Empty

Back to top Go down

I wish people would STFU about Peezy being on the field!
Page 1 of 1