Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThis Shocked Me (Ben) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

This Shocked Me (Ben)

Go down 
+8
SteelersNorth
Stella Nation
Buddha Bus
Atlanta Dan
jak341
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
harrison'samonster
DesertSteel
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

This Shocked Me (Ben) Empty
PostSubject: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Profootballfocus - a site that many experts and media utilize for grading players has put out their 2015 Grades by Position. I didn't think Ben would be in the top 10, but.................

This Shocked Me (Ben) Screenshot%20at%20Jan%2012%2012-22-04_zpsjjjt1rid
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:40 pm

that is really surprising. I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see him near the top, but the 1st? I'll criticize him here and there, and always yell to "throw the ball away!" when ever I get the chance, but I'll always be happy to say he's a Pittsburgh Steeler.

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:50 pm

harrison'samonster wrote:
that is really surprising.  I wouldn't have been surprised at all to see him near the top, but the 1st?  I'll criticize him here and there, and always yell to "throw the ball away!" when ever I get the chance, but I'll always be happy to say he's a Pittsburgh Steeler.
He's the perfect QB for this team. Toughest QB I've ever seen. He doesn't have gaudy stats like Brady and Manning but he's all heart out there.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:10 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

He's the perfect QB for this team. Toughest QB I've ever seen. He doesn't have gaudy stats like Brady and Manning but he's all heart out there.

definitely. Can't say enough about his toughness, and his ability from day one to be a winner.

toughest QB since joe montegna This Shocked Me (Ben) 1797695198

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:47 pm

This season feels like 2005 with Ben's shoestring tackle against the Colts........ Let's hope Manning does a cameo appearance as the choke artist that he is.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:49 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
This season feels like 2005 with Ben's shoestring tackle against the Colts........ Let's hope Manning does a cameo appearance as the choke artist that he is.

him and Brady, if you put pressure on him, he will fold. Joey Porter knows

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm

I wouldn't call a guy with 4 Super Bowl rings a choke artist. Maybe a cheater, but not a choke artist.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:54 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
I wouldn't call a guy with 4 Super Bowl rings a choke artist. Maybe a cheater, but not a choke artist.

no, I don't mean he's a choke artist, just that when the pressure at the line hits him in the face he can't do anything; but yeah he's definitely a cheater This Shocked Me (Ben) 1797695198

jak341

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm

DesertSteel wrote:

no, I don't mean he's a choke artist, just that when the pressure at the line hits him in the face he can't do anything; but yeah he's definitely a cheater This Shocked Me (Ben) 1797695198

Is there really a QB that can function with a LB or DE draped all over him?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:04 pm

I really would love to get Brady and the Pats*. They beat us twice on our turf to get to the SB. Time to return the favor. I'm still pissed at the smug Patriots* fans I knew mocking Hines Ward for being visibly upset that Bettis may have ended his career without a ring and their general smug bullshit that they have. Their team's been relevant for fifteen years and they forget that they nearly got moved out of Massachusetts because they sucked and couldn't draw crowds. But first Denver of course. Agree with HAM- you pressure Peyton and Tom, you can beat them. I think we can do it.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm

jak341 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

I think what HAM means is that constant pressure really gets to these guys more than it does say someone like Ben. I'm remembering Ben having his nose broken by Ngata and still playing at a high level whereas if that had happened to say Brady or Manning even in their primes, I don't think they would have endured as well.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 pm

DesertSteel wrote:

Agreed - Brady was getting abused in the Jets and Dolphins games to end the regular season - he has been gun shy since his knee was blown out in 2008

The party line is all will be well with Amendola Edelman (Brady's equivalent of Ben's AB security blanket) returning - but the Pats** offensive line is still a mess

Last edited by Atlanta Dan on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:14 pm

jak341 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

I think what HAM means is that constant pressure really gets to these guys more than it does say someone like Ben. I'm remembering Ben having his nose broken by Ngata and still playing at a high level whereas if that had happened to say Brady or Manning even in their primes, I don't think they would have endured as well.

exactly. Tough QB's like Ben and Favre, it didn't matter so much. also QB's like Dan Marino and Bradshaw had such a quick releases sometimes just getting pressure isn't adequate. Some Qb's are so evasive like Mike Vick, getting pressure just opens up a gate somewhere else and all you can do is try and contain them. And then some QB's like Manning or Brady get hit once and don't nearly play as good as they like to pretend they are.

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Agreed - Brady was getting abused in the Jets and Dolphins games to end the regular season - he has been gun shy since his knee was blown out in 2008

The party line is all will be well with Amendola (Brady's equivalent of Ben's AB security blanket) returning - but the Pats** offensive line is still a mess

yep, and it's not a fluke that teams who play the Pats* 2x's per year, teams who have trouble getting to .500, come close to beating the Patriots* in a lot of games.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:18 pm

No way that list is accurate. Joe Flacco should be at the top of that, right @JonM229 ? At least that's what your coach thinks. This Shocked Me (Ben) 3562723908

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:20 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Profootballfocus - a site that many experts and media utilize for grading players has put out their 2015 Grades by Position. I didn't think Ben would be in the top 10, but.................

This Shocked Me (Ben) Screenshot%20at%20Jan%2012%2012-22-04_zpsjjjt1rid

Bogus rankings - everyone knows Philip Rivers is the king of the 2004 QB draft class
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
No way that list is accurate. Joe Flacco should be at the top of that, right @JonM229 ? At least that's what your coach thinks. This Shocked Me (Ben) 3562723908
Where's RGIII? Sorry heh I couldn't resist even though I understood what he was saying but I had to since he's now RGIII string.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 9:27 am

Tyrod Taylor at 10 is a joke.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:52 am

I'll be the first to say its nice to see Ben at the top but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:04 am

definitely.  Can't say enough about his toughness, and his ability from day one to be a winner.

Compared to Ben, Montegna was nothing more than a Shirk brother. This Shocked Me (Ben) 3798349058 Now as far as tough Elway comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:26 am

Something that got lost in the clusterfuck last weekend: Ben Roethlisberger has now played a full regular season's worth of playoff games, and his record in those games is 11-5.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 9:58 am

Saw last night on NFL Network that Ben has never lost a divisional round playoff game 4-0

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:16 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
Saw last night on NFL Network that Ben has never lost a divisional round playoff game 4-0

...and you just had to type it out loud and jinx us This Shocked Me (Ben) 3798349058

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:00 pm

solardave wrote:

definitely.  Can't say enough about his toughness, and his ability from day one to be a winner.

Compared to Ben, Montegna was nothing more than a Shirk brother. This Shocked Me (Ben) 3798349058 Now as far as tough Elway comes to mind.

you mean this guy?

This Shocked Me (Ben) John-elway-o

hard to imagine a QB doing that anymore

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:53 pm

I don't believe in jinxes/jinxs (sp?)

It was an interesting stat they flashed on the screen.

Regardless, either you play well enough to win or you don't...records overall don't matter.
Just makes Ben look like he ups his game more since Peyton is 11-13 overall and Rodgers I hope will be 7-6 after Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Shocked Me (Ben)   This Shocked Me (Ben) Empty

Back to top Go down

This Shocked Me (Ben)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: