Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHonestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?

Go down 
+22
ImperialFan
LambertWardSteel
harrison'samonster
SteelerSpartan
Hawaii 5-0
Shalieve5090
SteelCityUnderground
Lokki
DesertSteel
FrancoLambert
stlrtruck
Fire Arians
FanSince72
jak341
Rhyno
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelersNorth
QueenstownPa
lotas
JonM229
Atlanta Dan
Steelcitian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Manning now is like Aikman during his decline, almost sad to see, but he's not close to being 2014 Manning
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Hopefully he plays like he has been all year
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Rhyno wrote:
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 S5eLGd

I love our chances. I'm excited the steelers are apart of it.

harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 Fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Both running games likely to not be much of a factor. Ben can carry the team thru this AB or not. I think it comes down to Manning. Part of me wants to think the old professional stands up and carries them through, but he wasn't playing very well before the injury and was bad last playoffs.

Ray Fittipaldo posted this at Post Gazette:

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2016/01/15/Steelers-and-Patriots*-AFC-favorites

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:47 pm

This guy says so - with the points and straight up

One thing that hasn't been discussed as much this week is that there should be just as much doubt about Peyton Manning's ability to throw the ball downfield (the Broncos mostly relied on the running game in their season finale against the Chargers), plus, he hasn't played well in cold weather and game-time temperature in Denver is forecast to be 33 degrees with a wind chill in the mid-20s. Pittsburgh's defense has been improving all season and, with the Broncos' offensive line struggling of late, should be able to pressure Manning into mistakes. I really don't think it'll take Roethlisberger at full strength to win this game outright, but I'm glad to get as many points as possible.

The play: Steelers +7.5

Link to full article

http://espn.go.com/chalk/insider/story/_/id/14569698/nfl-best-bets-all-four-divisional-round-games
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:19 pm

This is right where the steelers need to be. The Broncos don't have even know what to expect cuz last game they spent all night chasing Brown around, now it's TNT Mystery Ben and number one wr The Alien????

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Blitz the hell out of Peyton. He can barely move.

You might get burned once or even twice but if you keep hitting him you'll see his game deteriorate.

Sitting back and playing zone coverage won't beat him.  

Our defense has to win this one by being very aggressive.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:34 am

considering the following-BB7's only playoff road loss happened in Denver...Manning is 3-1 vs BB7...no team in history has won a playoff game without both their leading rusher(Williams) and their leading receiver(Brown)..Ben is less than 100%..I'd say we have 'em right where we want 'em Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 2981382511 in all seriousness though I really think this team has a lot better shot at stealing one in Denver than a lot of the so-called experts are giving us....Steelers 24-Denver 20

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 5:14 am

I think that we only have a very slight chance, but honestly I don't care so much. I will just enjoy the game and be happy that we are even there. Last week made my season by taking out those fucking Bungals Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:49 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I think that we only have a very slight chance, but honestly I don't care so much. I will just enjoy the game and be happy that we are even there. Last week made my season by taking out those fucking Bungals Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 1797695198

^^^^^^^
This

My thoughts exactly - I will root hard tomorrow and feel bad if they lose but after I thought the season went in the dumpster, following the second Baltimore loss, last week made the season a success for me no matter what happens going forward. It was one of the greatest Steelers playoff games I have watched.

Tomlin has his flaws as a coach, but he has done a great job of keeping the ship afloat. Add to that the first playoff win since the 2010 season was against a division rival that gets the Steelers even deeper into the Bengals heads and this season is at least a down payment on presumably even better days ahead next season.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 11:28 am

I had a crappy dream that we lost 34-16 and everybody was laughing at me.

Stupid dreams, they never come true anyhow Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 1097494264
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Truthfully I think this one is going to be tough and I think that we're going to need a lucky break like a pick-6 or a kickoff/punt return to give us something to work with.

I hope it stays a tight game because I think we can win a nail-biter (even without a break).

But if Peyton plays like Peyton, we're either going to have to play a perfect game or we're going to need fate to step in.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Steelers run defense I don't worry about then there is Broncos pass rush how many hits can Ben take?

Can Todman and Toussaint get some running room to slow down Broncos pass rush?

Steelers o-line will have to play their best game of the season for the Steelers to win this game.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
Truthfully I think this one is going to be tough and I think that we're going to need a lucky break like a pick-6 or a kickoff/punt return to give us something to work with.

I hope it stays a tight game because I think we can win a nail-biter (even without a break).

But if Peyton plays like Peyton, we're either going to have to play a perfect game or we're going to need fate to step in.
Yeah a D TD or ST TD would really really go a long way. I think it's going to be close. Peyton's arm isn't what it was and that means they're going to try to establish the run game and our Run D is much better than our pass D. That said, this isn't going to be easy although it wouldn't be easy even if everyone was fully healthy either. I think we win in another close one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?   Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Honestly.. Do We Have a Chance?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: