Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'

Go down 
+8
harrison'samonster
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
Fire Arians
pczach
jak341
JonM229
Atlanta Dan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' Empty
PostSubject: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Antonio Brown spoke today on the Burfict hit and other matters

Steelers' Antonio Brown says Vontaze Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'

In his first public comments since he sustained a concussion in the Steelers’ 18-16 victory against Cincinnati in an AFC wild card game, Steelers All-Pro receiver Antonio Brown had some strong words for Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones ...

“I feel like guys don’t want to stop me no more,” Brown said. “They want to take me out. They want to kill. They want to steal my dreams. They want to ruin me. They want to end me. We’re not going to let them. We’re going to win more.”

When asked if Burfict was saying those types of things on the field, Brown replied: “Every guy talks, man. When you do something like that, you hit a guy after the play, a defenseless guy in the helmet. There are a lot of things that aren’t right about that.”

Brown also had a terse reply when asked if he had any interaction with Jones ...

“The guy texted me,” Brown said. “No reply. I don’t even know why people give him the platform. Ridiculous.”

Brown said he was never close to being cleared to play against the Broncos....

Brown said he started to feel better the following Friday and was then cleared by doctors five days later, but it was unclear if he would have been able to play in the AFC championship game had the Steelers advanced.

Link to full article

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/02/04/Steelers-Antonio-Brown-says-Vontaze-Burfict-was-trying-to-kill-me-steal-my-dreams/stories/201602040200

I think Burfict has hunted for enough heads that someone is going to try and steal Burfict's dreams next year

Sounds like AB would not have played against New England - IMO losing to the Pats* again as they went to the Super Bowl would have been far worse than losing in Denver

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:48 pm

Vontaze Burfict as

THE SANDMAN

He'll steal your dreams

Coming next August

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin

Last edited by JonM229 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:49 pm

I didn't know AB had a bit for flair and dramatics, "They want to take me out. They want to kill. They want to steal my dreams. They want to ruin me. They want to end me"

I can see Hamlet saying something like this [I need to reread Hamlet: it's been a while].

Someone needs to make this a meme, or at least a slogan on a tee shirt.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Vontaze Burfict has attained the Mister Sandman perk

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' Hqdefault

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:56 pm

jak341 wrote:
I didn't know AB had a bit for flair and dramatics, "They want to take me out. They want to kill. They want to steal my dreams. They want to ruin me. They want to end me"

I can see Hamlet saying something like this [I need to reread Hamlet: it's been a while].

Someone needs to make this a meme, or at least a slogan on a tee shirt.

It's right up there with Michael Crabtree's "I dreamed it...in my head!" after Texas Tech upset Texas.

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' Crabtree

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:24 pm

JonM229 wrote:

I see you're channeling your inner Ray Lewis again.

The weapon of choice gave it away. Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3798349058

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:32 pm

It was a blatant cheap shot, he hit Brown in the head with the forearm. You don't do that unless you're trying to harm someone.

With bell too, if you re watch that, instead of letting momentum carry him down, he whips his legs behind bell to trap the knee. Ken shamrock would be proud
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Vontaze Burfict = Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3146839497

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:38 pm

JonM229 wrote:

thats just ray lewis dressed as a white guy

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:45 pm

vasteeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

thats just ray lewis dressed as a white guy

It's Slimer from Ghostbusters! Ray Lewis Style!

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
It was a blatant cheap shot, he hit Brown in the head with the forearm. You don't do that unless you're trying to harm someone.

With bell too, if you re watch that, instead of letting momentum carry him down, he whips his legs behind bell to trap the knee. Ken shamrock would be proud

Burfict will get his - best quote I ever read about payback being a bitch came from Bart Scott discussing Hines

Scott, to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, said of Ward: "His time will come. He'll get his. . . . He'll come across the middle one day, and someone will hit him or take out his knee. The guy will be fined, and [Ward] will be gone. No one will care. No one will even care. No one will send him any cards saying they're sorry. Not to that guy. . . . You reap what you sow."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/16/AR2009011604667_2.html

Not saying Hines was dirty, just that players know how to take someone out - a lot easier to take down a LB than a WR
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Burt Lauten ‏@SteelersPRBurt

#Steelers WR @AntonioBrown84 has arrived in SF for @superbowl50 events in style.

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' CaY6G_LUUAEH4iF
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 7:09 pm

That's just plain sick.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 pm

I was so glad A.B. came out and said this. I was a bit pissed when James Harrison early on defended the hit, saying it was unavoidable...

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:41 am

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' Ab1_zpsbgqoyid0

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 am

JonM229 wrote:

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3562723908 Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3562723908 Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3562723908 Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3562723908 Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3562723908 Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' 3562723908

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'   Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams' Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown says Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'
Page 1 of 1