Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFree Agency Wish List Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Free Agency Wish List

Go down 
+6
jak341
SteelerSpartan
steelers5895
fer69
LambertWardSteel
SteelCityUnderground
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Free Agency Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:03 pm

This is getting good! I'm very happy about our 4 signings since Monday.

DHB - adds depth at WR, in case someone gets hurt, or Bryant smokes another doobie. Also gives us some insurance if we lose Wheaton next year (or dangle him as trade bait before then.)

Robert Golden - could compete to start at safety, adds depth, solid special teams player. Comes in for same price as before basically. I like it.

William Gay - bingo! This was the one guy I said we couldn't lose. I was never a fan of his up until he came back here and even then, it was growing pains, but he has come along way and is our clear #1 corner at the moment.

Ramon Foster - my other "must need" because I was concerned with losing 2 starters on the left side of the line. Locking up a guy that played every snap at LG last season, plus stays healthy, is a big deal for this team to go deep in the playoffs.

I've said on my blog and podcast that I don't feel a need to snag a TE, but the rumors of Ladarius Green heading to Pittsburgh are more than welcome. If the big boy can block, he's one heck of a WR and gives us a Gronk sized target for Big Ben. 2 TE sets with him and JJ add another crazy element to this explosive offense, if this deal goes through!

http://steelcityunderground.com
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:38 pm

It looks like they resigned Foster and ESPN reporting they're likely to sign Green. i hope they can still get a FA for secondary.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Cam Thomas!!!

SuperBowl!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Not big on Green. he has shown flashes but did very little last year in Gates absence. Not sure what type blocker he is.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:12 pm

Clearing the decks to take a DL or OL in the first round.......

I can hear the hyping up of golson already..... much like the  magament of my NBA team the Bulls......

"Getting golson back is like a big FA signing"

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm

If Green to the Steelers is a done deal, the Charger fans are sad to see him leave.

Consensus seems to be he was almost a special player, but couldn't break through the last little bit.

They wish him well in the black and gold though.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=104698
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Gates was suspended for the first 4 games, Green had 6 decent games, nabbing 4 TDs (2 more than Heath last season) and put up similar numbers to Miller before the Chargers went into the crapper:

1 - 5/74/1
2 - 5/47/0
3 - 4/53/1
4 - 5/50/0

5 - 3/35/1
6 - 4/45/1

Keenan Allen went down in game 8, and the 28th ranked offense couldn't generate any running game, becoming very one dimensional. (Rivers had over 40 pass attempts in 8 games, with a game high 65!)

These are the pedestrian type numbers I said would be more than enough for whoever ends up being Miller's successor, as I feel AB, Bell, Bryant, etc. can more than pick up the slack if the next guy up can't generate much more than a 40 catch season... that was said assuming JJ was that guy. Green's floor should be 50.

steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm glad they are signing a TE and not drafting one. SD's offensive line was so bad I'm willing to bet he spent a lot of time blocking.
young too which is good. we may get his best years.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:00 pm

jak341 wrote:
If Green to the Steelers is a done deal, the Charger fans are sad to see him leave.

Consensus seems to be he was almost a special player, but couldn't break through the last little bit.

They wish him well in the black and gold though.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=104698

From Charger's forum wrote:
If he goes there it will almost be unfair with how many weapons they will have.
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:33 pm

So far we've filled big holes at OL and TE that we were going to have to seriously consider early in the draft.

IDK how the salary cap works out or if it's possible, but I would really target a FA safety right now. Obviously Weddle is the big name but proven starters like Tony Jefferson and Tashaun Gipson are still out there as well. Any of those guys would be huge right now, and if paired with a 1st round CB, could go a long way towards pushing our defense to the next level.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:47 pm

^^^gipson to the jags

PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:03 pm

There's a storm brewing...
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:08 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:

There's a storm brewing...

those vital cam Thomas and Blake extensions Free Agency Wish List 119875844

...Realistically could it be they are looking to Lock up Beachum and trying for some Leveon,decastro,brown extensions

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Bring on Weddle.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:23 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
^^^gipson to the jags

Rashad Johnson reportedly being chased by the Raiders, so it leaves Weddle to the Panthers or Patriots* IMO. Something tells me the Steelers are prepared to roll with Golden and Mitchell unless Jefferson is left standing.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Nothing but silence today Thus far......

BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:51 pm

If Weddle was to sign here(unlikely) it won't be until Saturday or, so. And it's a quiet day for a lot of teams.

I expect a Cortez Allen paycut/cut and a Timmons extension soon. McLendon still needs to be signed and hopefully Beachum signed on a 1 year deal.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:25 am

I'll throw this here, for lack of anywhere else to put it.

This whole Boykin thing is beyond bizarre. We gave up a draft pick for a person to sit on the bench until late in the season. And now, it looks like we aren't even going to try to extend an offer at all.

Makes you wonder what really happened behind the scenes. Or, as Craig Wolfley said on one of his shows, Boykin was brought in to be a backup for Gay and nothing more. Period.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/cb-brandon-boykin-believes-trade-conditions-played-role-lack-playing-time/
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 10:38 am

There had to be a lot more to it, probably the trade conditions for the pick and how many snaps he played, but it makes you wonder when Kevin Fogg and BW Webb were fighting for that final spot, then the Steelers cut them both to make room for Ross Cockrell, who was a final roster cut from Buffalo.

You trade for Boykin when Golson gets hurt and Boykin is there for part of camp, but you play Cockrell over Boykin too.

And continue playing Blake, who PFF said set records for individual passing yards conceded and missed tackles. Why would you do that if Boykin is on the bench?

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 10:46 am

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
There had to be a lot more to it, probably the trade conditions for the pick and how many snaps he played, but it makes you wonder when Kevin Fogg and BW Webb were fighting for that final spot, then the Steelers cut them both to make room for Ross Cockrell, who was a final roster cut from Buffalo.

You trade for Boykin when Golson gets hurt and Boykin is there for part of camp, but you play Cockrell over Boykin too.

And continue playing Blake, who PFF said set records for individual passing yards conceded and missed tackles. Why would you do that if Boykin is on the bench?

The only thing I know are the two statements Ilkin and Wolfley made on one of their shows.

Wolfley made the statement about being the backup for Gay. Ilkin said Boykin was getting caught flat footed "a lot" in practice.

The only think I can think of is that if Blake gets burned on, say, 4/10 plays, perhaps the coaching staff thinks Boykin will get burnt on 5/10.

If Boykin was a FA they brought in, no one would be still talking about this. I think what is keeping this a hot topic is we traded a draft pick for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Wish List   Free Agency Wish List Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Agency Wish List
Page 1 of 1