Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace on a one-year - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace on a one-year

Go down 
+26
PhantomJB93
SteelerEmpire
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
schillah
Steelcitian
EbonySteel86
Bays
Fire Arians
IowaSteeler927
WVABE
SteelerFreak58
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
OX1947
Stryker
SoCalFan
jak341
FrancoLambert
effyou515
Lokki
LambertWardSteel
fer69
harrison'samonster
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
DesertSteel
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Not sure why so many are hating on Wallace. When he was here he was a solid team mate, he went to Miami for a stupid ridiculous pay day who wouldn't? It's not like the Steelers at the time could even come remotely close to what Miami offered. Big Ben always had good things to say about Wallace and when he was here BB loved to toss him the deep ball. Wallace said very little last year in Minnesota what exactly makes him a locker room "cancer"?
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:23 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Not sure why so many are hating on Wallace. When he was here he was a solid team mate, he went to Miami for a stupid ridiculous pay day who wouldn't? It's not like the Steelers at the time could even come remotely close to what Miami offered. Big Ben always had good things to say about Wallace and when he was here BB loved to toss him the deep ball. Wallace said very little last year in Minnesota what exactly makes him a locker room "cancer"?

there was a lot of things said his last year about how guys in the locker room were divided. if I can remember right, it was a lot of guessing on the media and fans part, but it pretty much zeroed in to Wallace as the one who didn't follow what team leaders would say, leading to a divided locker room. The team kept it quiet during the season but I remember a lot coming out later in the offseason about how badly the locker room was divided. Wallace leaves, and that problem seemed to disappear. Sure there were other guys who left too, but only one of them who took plays off and ended up playing for the money. Glad he got his big contract, but like I've said before we don't need him right now.

And to remember how Wallace acted that last season, just remember this: as bad as Wallace performed for Miami, he still had more catches for more yards both years while there than he did for Pittsburgh his last season here. He took plays off and did become a locker room cancer.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:35 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

He half assed in his final season under contract. I don't want those kind of players on my team.

He also was MIA in the SB against green bay, and also had a tendency to disappear in big games. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Well well well, FUCK HIM!

"The Steelers/Ravens rivalry could get even nastier in 2016.

Former Steelers' receiver Mike Wallace, who was released by the Vikings after just one year in Minnesota, visited with the Ravens on Monday, the same day that saw Baltimore signed coveted free agent, Eric Weddle. "

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 1:52 am

I honestly think talent at receiver isn't our biggest issue (even without Bryant). I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to bring back Wallace, but i'm not sure i'd turn down a cheap contract, either.

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Ravens just signed Wallace. BRILLIANT!!!!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:49 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
1 year contract vet minimum. Bam take it or leave it!

I like your thinking.  But will probably see the Ravens sign him for 3 year $10 million and he will run past the Steelers secondary for 2TD's a season against the Steelers.

Guess I underestimated his value. Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 2829330259

2 year $11.5million from the Ravens.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:17 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
1 year contract vet minimum. Bam take it or leave it!

I like your thinking.  But will probably see the Ravens sign him for 3 year $10 million and he will run past the Steelers secondary for 2TD's a season against the Steelers.

Guess I underestimated his value. Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 2829330259

2 year $11.5million from the Ravens.

Good, they overpay for a guy who disappears in big games.

I for one am glad he decided to split, cause we probably would have lost AB. Imagine AB on the Ravens, that'd suck big time
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:37 pm

If Wallace comes back to form at all, the Ravens O just got good overnight. Wallace, Watson, and Smith Jr. make a decent group. Lest we forget about Aiken.

Of course, it all comes down to if their line holds up.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Ravens fans are already thinking Super Bowl.

"Welcome to the winnning side of the Steelers-Ravens Rivalry"

give me a break-I hope they go 0-16 next year so they can look dumber than they sound.

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:43 pm

could have paid a lot less for a guy to sprint down the field and draw PI calls

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:56 pm

harrison'samonster wrote:
could have paid a lot less for a guy to sprint down the field and draw PI calls

They know it too:

"Wallace and Perriman are going to print yellow flags like money. We lost the PI calls when we lost Torrey."
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 8:16 pm

and people wanted this guy back...

Threw Bridgewater right under the bus. Not to mention his only fascination is the deep ball.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 pm

Mike Wallace on why he chose Ravens over Vikings: 'I need a good QB'

By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer
March 15, 2016

Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 USATSI_wallacebridgewater_315

Mike Wallace took an indirect shot at Teddy Bridgewater.

It took Mike Wallace one press conference to burn a bridge(water). During his introductory press conference with the Ravens on Tuesday, Wallace took an indirect shot at Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, with whom he shared the field during this past season when he racked up career lows in pretty much every receiving category.

Despite a previous report that stated Wallace could return to the Vikings after they cut him a week ago, Wallace indicated the exact opposite. He was never going to return to Minnesota, because he realized he needed "a good quarterback."

Apparently Bridgewater didn't match the description.

"When this process started, I knew that I wasn't going back to Minnesota. I was like, 'I need a good quarterback. I need a quarterback who I know is proven and can get things done,'" Wallace said, per the Baltimore Sun. "[Joe] Flacco, he's always been that guy. I've always loved his deep ball. Always. Like I said when I was in Pittsburgh, watching Torrey [Smith] catching them, I was like, 'Man, this guy gets like eight in a row.' ... This going to be fun. It's going to be a great opportunity."

On that note, there's a fairly decent chance Wallace believes Joe Flacco is, in fact, elite. Whether or not Flacco is elite enough to turn around Wallace's career remains to be seen.

Last season with Bridgewater, Wallace recorded 39 receptions, 473 yards and two touchdowns. But that statline shouldn't have been unexpected. After all, Wallace thrives on deep balls, which isn't exactly Bridgewater's specialty.

Though the quarterback and system in Baltimore might be a better fit for Wallace than Minnesota, he'll be challenged to carve out a significant role, considering the Ravens have Steve Smith, Breshad Perriman and Kamar Aiken returning. According to reports, Wallace's deal with the Ravens is a two-year contract worth $11.5 million.

"I've been taking a lot of heat," Wallace said. "We'll see about that. I promise, I'll get the last laugh."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25518320/mike-wallace-on-why-he-left-vikings-for-ravens-i-need-a-good-qb
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:22 pm

i wouldn't mind seeing mitchell headshot him over the middle, a 15 yarder will be worth it. i fucking hate wallace ever since he cashed in the final season with us. dude has 0 heart and is only about the $$. and still a 1 trick pony
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:46 pm

Contrary to what some on here might think, Flacco, Smith, Wallace, and Perriman are going to be a problem.....a BIG problem. We'll have to put up at least 40+ to beat them, cause we have no one that can cover any of those dudes. We couldnt stop the no names they had last year. Flacco and the P.I. Play works, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:54 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:
Contrary to what some on here might think, Flacco, Smith, Wallace, and Perriman are going to be a problem.....a BIG problem. We'll have to put up at least 40+ to beat them, cause we have no one that can cover any of those dudes. We couldnt stop the no names they had last year. Flacco and the P.I. Play works, unfortunately.

Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-550wi
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:56 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:

Flacco needs to have time to throw it first. They just lost their second best lineman.
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:09 pm

Wouldn't lose "too much" sleep thinking about the Ravens line up. They couldn't do too much out of the ordinary with the speedy Torrey Smith.

Our M. Bryant is a better receiver than Wallace...esp after the catch.

Even with the Steelers, outside of the deep pass, Wallace pretty much sucked.

IF we plan on being a championship team, we'll have to "find a way" to beat these guys no matter what.

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:18 pm

kan_t wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:

Flacco needs to have time to throw it first. They just lost their second best lineman.
Flacco not afraid of this defense anymore. His krytonite left when Troy retired. Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:54 pm

He may not be that good now but what sucks is he'll be perfect for them. He will be a master at just running under Flacco's desperation heaves and either hauling them in or drawing the PI. Expect him to burn our still-embarrassing secondary at least once every time we play.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:12 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Precisely why I don't want that douchebag back here in Pittsburgh. He's had decent enough guys throwing him the ball, he's lazy, has no work ethic, and has zero personal accountability. It couldn't possibly be Mike Wallace is to blame for Mike Wallace playing like garbage, it's the quarterback's fault... Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 1505004552 Yeah right. I'm sure he'll get his fair share of PI flags in the Ravens offense with Jumpball Joe throwing him the ball, but I don't see Wallace being any more productive than he was in Miami, or Minnesota. This guy has basically been paid a ton of money, to do next to nothing for most of his career. He's a one-trick-pony, always has been, and always will be. He's also a self centered douche, that cares more about himself than he does about his team, and the success of his team overall.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Precisely why I don't want that douchebag back here in Pittsburgh. He's had decent enough guys throwing him the ball, he's lazy, has no work ethic, and has zero personal accountability. It couldn't possibly be Mike Wallace is to blame for Mike Wallace playing like garbage, it's the quarterback's fault... Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 1505004552 Yeah right. I'm sure he'll get his fair share of PI flags in the Ravens offense with Jumpball Joe throwing him the ball, but I don't see Wallace being any more productive than he was in Miami, or Minnesota. This guy has basically been paid a ton of money, to do next to nothing for most of his career. He's a one-trick-pony, always has been, and always will be. He's also a self centered douche, that cares more about himself than he does about his team, and the success of his team overall.

Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 3964572787

Wallace's performance has been falling off since 2011 - blaming the QB throws not only Bridgewater but Tannehill under the bus - I guess Wallace can blame 2012 on Haley confused

Wallace is a locker room malignancy
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:54 am

If you need to win one game in the playoffs and your choice is over Bridgewater or Flacco of who to play QB for your team....who do you pick?

Flacco is a better QB, Flacco throws a better deep ball, Bridgewater accounted for 0 points in the Vikings playoff game this year. Wallace speaks the truth, so fans are butt-hurt about it?? I agree with EbonySteel86, Flacco and that group of WR's is formidable. Its not like he is Ryan Mallett...oh, forget that.
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 3964572787

Wallace's performance has been falling off since 2011 - blaming the QB throws not only Bridgewater but Tannehill under the bus  - I guess Wallace can blame 2012 on Haley  confused

Wallace is a locker room malignancy

Wallace went from Ben, to Tannehill, to Bridgewater. Out of these 3, which one would you prefer throwing you the ball? Wallace wasn't wrong. 2 of these QB''s are mediocre, AT BEST. AB complained when Ben got hurt and he had Vick and Jones trying to get him the ball. His numbers dropped DRAMATICALLY. Wallace situation wasnt like Wed Welker, when he went from Brady to Peyton. Or Plex when he went from Ben to Eli. Ben to Flacco is more of a lateral move than Ben to Tannehill, to Bridgewater. Wallace in Baltimore is not a good thing for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace on a one-year   Wallace on a one-year - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace on a one-year
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next