Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits    Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 2:08 am

By Chris Bradford

PITTSBURGH -- The record will note that Antonio Brown was not the last player off the practice field on Wednesday.

Actually, the final player to slog off the field was Eli Rogers. The second-year pro is a far-less-celebrated receiver but one who is eager to prove his mettle, 90-degree heat and humidity be damned.

Some may recall that it was this same time last year that Rogers infamously caught an earful from coach Mike Tomlin for once leaving the practice field before Brown. Consider it a teachable moment.

On Wednesday, long after the Steelers' fifth OTA concluded on the South Side, Rogers was still on the field, running about a dozen sprints the width of the field.

"I'm just trying to get some extra work in, work on the fundamentals," said Rogers, extending one sweaty right glove to introduce himself.

Rogers really needn't do that because most who follow the Steelers closely saw last spring and summer what the University of Louisville product could do. Before suffering a broken foot in training camp that ended his season prematurely, Rogers dazzled and had an outstanding chance at cracking the 53-man roster.

READ MORE: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/another-year-wiser-steelers-receiver-eli-rogers-picking-up-good/article_e520e3a6-2823-11e6-9eb1-afd1285dc484.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits    Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:54 am

This kid seems to be working his ass off, and AB has been taking him under his wing. I think he's a dark horse right now to make the 53 man roster, and I'm hopefully that he is another one of those gems the Steelers seem to find at receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits    Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 11:37 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
This kid seems to be working his ass off, and AB has been taking him under his wing. I think he's a dark horse right now to make the 53 man roster, and I'm hopefully that he is another one of those gems the Steelers seem to find at receiver.

He's not a dark horse to me. He's the #5 horse in the WR race. Brown, Wheaton, Coates, DHB and Rogers. He returns kicks as well.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits    Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 2:03 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

He's not a dark horse to me.  He's the #5 horse in the WR race.  Brown, Wheaton, Coates, DHB and Rogers.   He returns kicks as well.  

Agree as well. I think, provided he doesn't totally flame out, he will be the #5 reciever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits    Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers receiver Eli Rogers picking up good habits
Page 1 of 1