Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhich Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster? Empty
PostSubject: Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster?   Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster? EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 10:36 am

Camp buzz is buzzing louder, as the NFL season quickly approaches. Much like other years, everyone is taking their stab at guessing which long shot, underdog, or sleeper will make the final 53-man rosters in every camp.

The Steelers are not immune to this scrutiny, as with pro football news this time of the year, the most minute details get placed under a microscope. One of those closely examined camp battles features a litany of wide receivers. Pittsburgh currently has 11 wide receivers on their 90-man roster:

1. Antonio Brown
  2. Markus Wheaton
  3. Darrius Heyward-Bey
  4. Sammie Coates
  5. Eli Rogers
  6. Demarcus Ayers
  7. Canaan Severin
  8. Issac Blakeney
  9. Marcus Tucker
  10. Shakim Phillips
  11. Levi Norwood

Depending on who you ask, I feel the top four players on this list are locks to make the team.

Read more: http://www.steelcityunderground.com/2016/06/10/which-receivers-will-make-the-steelers-final-roster/

(Sorry, had to do a read more for sure due to some embedded videos! Thanks for reading!)

http://steelcityunderground.com
Steellamb86
Xtreme Newb
Steellamb86

PostSubject: Re: Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster?   Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster? EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 3:05 pm

I say the top 6 on this list make the 53...
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster?   Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster? EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Did they keep 6 last year? I think only the top 5 make it and they will instead have other receiving options with Green and James at TE.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster?   Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 11:49 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Did they keep 6 last year?  I think only the top 5 make it and they will instead have other receiving options with Green and James at TE.

They sorta kinda kept 6, because Bryant was suspended for the first 4 games. They had Tyler Murphy on the 53-man roster and Shak Phillips on the practice squad. Murphy was released/resigned to the PS when Bryant returned, then Murphy came back to the 53 as the backup QB when Vick got hurt.

But I'm with you, I think only 5 will be on the 53, with only one true spot open for competition. Maybe one of them is retained on the PS too.

http://steelcityunderground.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster?   Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Receivers Will Make The Steelers Final Roster?
Page 1 of 1