Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBusiness as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu Empty
PostSubject: Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu   Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 am

Associated Press

The ball floated into Troy Polamalu's hands, and the All-Pro safety's instincts took over.

It didn't matter that it was just a preseason game, a 24-14 win against Philadelphia. It didn't matter that the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year was playing his first half of football since February. It didn't matter that Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin appeared less than thrilled with Polamalu's decision to try and weave his way through a sea of Eagles in hopes of getting to the end zone.

It didn't even matter that Polamalu's trip to pay dirt was cut short by Vick, who chopped Polamalu down after a 36-yard return.

Sure Polamalu knows it probably isn't wise to risk injury in August. Taking it easy just isn't his style.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/business-as-usual-for-rejuvenated-polamalu/article_c94f5ba1-926e-506e-99c5-9b6129dc549e.html
-----------------------------------------------

The same mentality that won't allow Troy to take it easy in a preseason game is the same mentality that makes him the player that he is. But I really wish he would have just went down. That hit to the knees very easily could have put him out for a while. Just as a great running back knows when to step out of bounds rather than taking a hit, I think Troy should balance being aggressive with being smart.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu   Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:14 am

I would be willing to bet that Troy was one of those guys that would go hard even in high school and college inter-squad scrimmages.

While it does make me cringe to see the hit, Vick definitely got the raw end of the deal.

The whole thing is just a classic case of Troy being Troy.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu   Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:16 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I would be willing to bet that Troy was one of those guys that would go hard even in high school and college inter-squad scrimmages.

While it does make me cringe to see the hit, Vick definitely got the raw end of the deal.

The whole thing is just a classic case of Troy being Troy.
I told a co-worker last night that I wouldn't even want to play against Troy in a game of flag football. He'd probably still try to take your head off.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu   Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu Empty

Back to top Go down

Business as usual for rejuvenated Polamalu
Page 1 of 1