Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely

Go down 
+5
jak341
IowaSteeler927
solardave
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely Empty
PostSubject: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0801%2Fr109070_1296x729_16%2D9

PITTSBURGH -- The matchup between Antonio Brown and Josh Norman will be a physical spectacle on Monday Night Football.

But the mental battle is just as crucial, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said.

"The big thing for both of them, they might try to play mind games with each other," Roethlisberger said in preparation for the Sept. 12 opener at FedEx Field. "I’ll talk to my guy and makes sure he keeps a level head.”

Norman, who became the richest cornerback in the league after signing a five-year deal with the Washington Redskins this offseason, never backs down from a verbal confrontation, most famously scrapping with New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham last year.

Brown's passion was on display in the preseason when an official in a preseason scrimmage issued an ejection warning after Brown complained ferociously about the lack of holding calls on Detroit Lions corners.

There's a healthy respect between Norman and Brown. At the least, though, they will engage in some healthy debate about what happens downfield.

Roethlisberger isn't sure whether Norman will shadow Brown, as he's "traditionally been a one-spot kind of guy" but sometimes moves around. "We'll be ready for anything," Roethlisberger said. "[Norman's] one of the best, if not the best in the business."

At 6-foot and 200 pounds, Norman has size on his side against the 5-foot-10 Brown. But save the 6-3 Richard Sherman holding Brown to six catches and 51 yards last season, Brown typically toasts all comers. Brown averaged 10 catches a game with Roethlisberger in the lineup.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/20108/ben-roethlisberger-prepared-for-mind-games-between-antonio-brown-and-josh-norman
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Josh Norman says he respects Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown

John Keim
ESPN Staff Writer

ASHBURN, Va. -- It's not a war of words Washington Redskins corner Josh Norman wants to get into with the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a jersey swap.

Not that it'll happen. Two years ago, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin began prohibiting the team's players from engaging in them. But the overall point from Norman was simple. He has a healthy respect for two of the players he'll face Monday night: quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and receiver Antonio Brown.

"Oh my gosh, Big Ben, another great one," Norman said. "You look at the quarterbacks in this league, and Big Ben has been up there since he's been in the league. He's one of the great ones. I'll walk up to him and be like, 'Hey, can I get your jersey?'

"That's how much respect I've got for him. I don't ask for jerseys like that, until someone shows me they are great at what they do. Big Ben is that. That's the utmost respect I have for a quarterback."

Norman has been a focal point ever since he signed with Washington in the spring, following Carolina's decision to rescind the franchise tag it had placed on him. Part of it stems from his contract, worth $15 million a year, the highest for a corner. He has been in headlines for his matchup with Odell Beckham Jr., based on what happened last year and because they play twice this season.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17489225/washington-redskins-cb-josh-norman-says-respects-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-wr-antonio-brown
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 pm

The mind game is overblown IMO. Brown is well respected in the league for reasons. You don't see truely top CB like Sherman, Harris and Norman trash talk him before and after the game.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 3:31 am

I don't think it'll amount to anything. AB is not Odell and it's not a conference game.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 7:59 am

The only way Norman is going to contain Brown is by being as handsy and physical as Richard Sherman was. His success will hinge on what the officials let him get away with. Brown would've beaten Sherman like a drum if Sherman hadn't been allowed to basically do whatever he wanted. Norman in my opinion isn't even on Sherman's level, nor is he on the level of a guy like Chris Harris or Aqib Talib. Norman is a good corner, but I think his mouth and ego are bigger than his play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 8:40 am

Merrell Hodge was on WDVE this morning. I'll paraphrase.

He said Norman is going to get smoked by Brown. He brought up game tape between Norman and Beckham Jr. last year. OBJ was routinely beating Norman badly. OBJ's frustration came from the end zone drop and an underthrow by Manning where OBJ had beaten Norman and would have resulted in a TD.

The solution to Norman is to move Brown around. If Norman tries to shadow Brown all game, Brown will have 150 yards and 2TDs.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 8:44 am

The best mind game AB can play on Monday night is by getting in the endzone early & often and forget all the jaw jabbing.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 9:26 pm

by Jim Wexell

SPEAKING OF TALENTED DBs ...

The Steelers' opening opponent, the Washington Redskins, have a history under owner Daniel Snyder of throwing money at problem areas. This offseason they made former Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman the highest-paid player ever at his position with a five-year, $75 million contract.

The fifth-year player is coming off a first-team All-Pro season and his matchup against Brown on Monday night will no doubt be a highlight.

"Traditionally, he’s been a one-spot kind of guy," said Ben Roethlisberger. "But, he has followed people around, so we’ll be ready for anything. He’s one of the best, if not the best in the business, so it’s a heck of a challenge for myself and the rest of the guys."

Brown, though, said he doesn't know if Norman will tail him throughout the game, nor does Brown seem to care.

"I'm excited to see whoever's out there," Brown said. "Whoever lines up, I'm ready to see him."

Brown was asked if Denver's Chris Harris was the last cornerback to follow him.

"I think a lot of people follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat," Brown deadpanned.

What about on the field?

"I don't know," Brown said. "I don't line up looking who a guy is. I line up reading the schemes and try to execute the plays the coach puts in to the best of my ability."

to read rest of article:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1704525-notebook-steelers-see-strides-from-burns
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:57 pm

watch the new Antonio Brown ESPN SportsCenter Commercial: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely 1797695198

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/09/watch-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-new-espn-sportscenter-commercial/
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 7:22 am

That commercial is hilarious

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 1:22 am

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Does anybody truly believe that Josh Norman following Antonio Brown would've made a difference?

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib  

Does anybody truly believe that Josh Norman following Antonio Brown would've made a difference?

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Considering that Brown had 0 catches when he had Norman on him, yeah, I do think it would have made a difference to AB's numbers if Norman followed him across the lineup.

I got a laugh out of seeing Norman try to jam Sammy Coates  and Coates was wide open. Coates just ran right past the jam and made the catch. Big difference between jamming a 5'10" 185 lbs receiver and jamming  a 6'1" 212+ lbs Coates. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 9:24 pm

'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely Best-damn-photos-josh-norman-toast-meme
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Norman is taking some serious flack for Monday's game. Some of it may not be warranted, especially if Washington DC Joe Barry forbid him to cover AB for whatever reason.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/giants-already-taunting-josh-norman-and-it-isnt-coming-from-odell-beckham-223415240.html
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 10:39 pm

No one can cover AB. I don't give a crap who you are. he was being covered by two guys on that last TD catch and they couldn't do diddle poo. Only one thing can stop AB. Taking out Ben Roethlisberger. That's it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely   'Mind games' between Antonio Brown, Josh Norman appear likely Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1