Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)

Go down 
+8
Jazzo
jak341
WVABE
Steel Peon
IowaSteeler927
Fire Arians
Rick5895
SteelerSpartan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Should have had Dolphins in my consitency test I was going to keep track of after the Eagles game....so far

Chiefs-W
jets-W
dolphins-L
Balt-?
Balt-?
Bills-?

If we were really going to take the next step I think we should only lose one of those games.

Its really quite stunning/Infuratinng  how they can go so hot and Cold in the blink of an eye.

Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm sure I'll get ripped for what I'm about to write, but so what, it needs to be said!

To those fans/folks that think this is the coaches fault particular Tomlin...you are misguided, have no clear idea about football. If you watched the game you would notice that there was no or little effort by some of the Steelers players. Ben was off from the start, he does have those games, Brown seemed uninterested and it seems that if Antonio doesn't get the ball early this season he appears to lose interest. Our O Line was awful, remember we are down to a 3rd string OT.
I have no idea what is wrong with this defense, but suspect the loss of Heyward was a huge factor o our inability to stop the run. the secondary is very young and will have games like this but we need to get pressure on the QB!!
Look at the injuries declared out.. Wheaton, Gilbert, Shazier, Heyward, Shamarko (very good ST player) plus the loss of Ben for a quarter and Vince Williams going out. Recipe for disaster. Remeber this is the NFL and even clownish teams like the Dolphins will win once once in a while against a good team

These are professional players getting paid lots of money and if they need a coach to motivate them to play a game then perhaps they shouldn't be in the NFL.
Just one guys opinion
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Gameballs....giants for beating Ravens

Goats- Total team loss ....but I'm going to focus in on a couple in particular

Ben- Injured or not he had no buisness throwing that first int....wtf was he seeing there....there were two defenders all over the reciever....Terrible Terrible....that really was the start of the death spiral

Gay- Was worked over today by Landry....missed tackles and botched an easy int early that could have swung things.

Mitchell- for doing dumb Mitchell stuff after the play

Burns- Yeah he is a rookie so you expect a few of these.....but damn the blown coverage right before the half was a bad one.

I don't know what to make of this OL in pass protection.....They look particularly vulnerable/weak on the road....very shoddy play when the game starts to get away from us and they can't lean on the threat of a running game to keep the defense honest.

I'm dumbfounded at how shit can just go off the rails with this team...They aren't sniffing a SB until they find a way to play longer stretches of high level football.

Those points and fantasy stats don't carry over into the next week!!!!! Steelers better learn to bring it every week or their asses are going nowhere.

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 5:30 pm

game balls - no one
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 6:04 pm

No game balls. The whole team sucked it up. Not in the least bit surprised. Tired though, tired of losing to garbage teams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 6:57 pm

If everyone plays grab ass all day, then there should be no game balls, of which there are none. As far as goats go, I think we (the fans) should get one for being suckered into watching.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 7:37 pm

To those fans/folks that think this is the coaches fault particular Tomlin...you are misguided, have no clear idea about football. If you watched the game you would notice that there was no or little effort by some of the Steelers players.

This directly falls on Tomlin, if players aren't playing up to their full expectation it's in the coach's hand to get them to get their heads out of their asses or they get benched.
I blame the coaches but I haven't always been like that. There is a trend under Tomlin and no one can argue against that.
This will really get people's goat, the NFL has gotten to big for its britches and there's billions of dollars floating around the gambling industry and like any other sport players are willing to pull their punches for a few extra bucks.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 7:45 pm

I'll give DHB a game ball for that crazy end around and stream rolling that Dolphins defender.

Goats for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 12:34 am

WVABE wrote:
To those fans/folks that think this is the coaches fault particular Tomlin...you are misguided, have no clear idea about football. If you watched the game you would notice that there was no or little effort by some of the Steelers players.

This directly falls on Tomlin, if players aren't playing up to their full expectation it's in the coach's hand to get them to get their heads out of their asses or they get benched.
I blame the coaches but I haven't always been like that. There is a trend under Tomlin and no one can argue against that.
This will really get people's goat, the NFL has gotten to big for its britches and there's billions of dollars floating around the gambling industry and like any other sport players are willing to pull their punches for a few extra bucks.

I agree! I am not putting all the blame on Tomlin, but I notice he has a long track record now of losing games that should be won. It seems like this has been happening every single season ever since Pittsburgh won Superbowl 43. Mentally, the players aren't ready for these type of games and that falls directly on leadership. You could see it in the players' body language on the field today. It almost looked like they must have been having a little bit too much fun in Miami on Friday and Saturday night. Who knows though??? All I know is they didn't show up for this game just like the one in Philly.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:54 am

Gameball:
Darius Heyward-Bey

Goats:
Everyone else

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 am

On that last TD run by Miami, I have never seen such a effortless attack to the ball carrier. Especially Timmons

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:49 am

Rick5895 wrote:
I'm sure I'll get ripped for what I'm about to write, but so what, it needs to be said!

To those fans/folks that think this is the coaches fault particular Tomlin...you are misguided, have no clear idea about football.  If you watched the game you would notice that there was no or little effort by some of the Steelers players.  Ben was off from the start, he does have those games, Brown seemed uninterested and it seems that if Antonio doesn't get the ball early this season he appears to lose interest.  Our O Line was awful, remember we are down to a 3rd string OT.
I have no idea what is wrong with this defense, but suspect the loss of Heyward was a huge factor o our inability to stop the run.  the secondary is very young and will have games like this but we need to get pressure on the QB!!
Look at the injuries declared out.. Wheaton, Gilbert, Shazier, Heyward, Shamarko (very good ST player) plus the loss of Ben for a quarter and Vince Williams going out.  Recipe for disaster.  Remeber this is the NFL and even clownish teams like the Dolphins will win once once in a while against a good team

These are professional players getting paid lots of money and if they need a coach to motivate them to play a game then perhaps they shouldn't be in the NFL.  
Just one guys opinion

I don't disagree and most of the people on this forum know I often hold the players more accountable for the results of a game than coaches. And even defended the coaches after the Eagles game. Yes, the players sucked it up yesterday. However, this game is a little different for me. Listening to Steelers Nation Radio's post game show with David Todd and Charlie Batch, David Todd cited a statistic of: Under Mike Tomlin, when the Steelers play on the road against teams they are favored by a TD or more ... they are 2- 14. I couldn't find this stat, so not sure if Todd was exaggerating or reading something specific, but even if it's not accurate, it feels accurate. I have to think Tomlin and his staff are failing somehow.

Gameballs: None. Although I liked that DHB run, one play does not a gameball make.

Goats: Everyone on this team should be looking at themselves and making a vow this will not happen again, because it's gotten beyond sickening to watch this trend.
Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) Timmons
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:02 am

Wasn't it Timmons who vomited all over the field last time there was a clear shot on TV?

I think it was him that was running to the sideline vomiting all over the place?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 11:08 am

This is why advanced stats nerds are a joke.

Bell proving to be more effective as a pass-catcher (six catches for 55 yards on seven targets) than he was as a runner (10 carries for 53 yards).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-nfl-pit-mia-grades-dolphins-capitalize-on-roethlisbergers-struggles/

A guy that averages 9 yards per reception is deemed more effective than averaging 5.3 yards per rush.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 11:42 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Bell proving to be more effective as a pass-catcher (six catches for 55 yards on seven targets) than he was as a runner (10 carries for 53 yards).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-nfl-pit-mia-grades-dolphins-capitalize-on-roethlisbergers-struggles/

A guy that averages 9 yards per reception is deemed more effective than averaging 5.3 yards per rush.  

No kidding. But let's follow that logic one step further:

Bell is a better receiver than a runner because his receiving avg is 9 yards per catch, compared to 5.3 rushing. Sammie Coates is averaging 22.2 yard per catch this season. So what have we learned? Coates is a better player than Bell, obviously. The Rooneys will have to keep that in mind when discussing Bell's contract extension. Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 2:29 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Yeah, fuck those stats nerds! I never seen so many lame ass nerds follow the NFL until fantasy football blew up in the last decade or so. These are the MF's who have helped ruin the game with rule changes that favor the offenses. There is nothing worse than going to a sports bar or someone's house to watch the game and then you have these fantasy football nerds ruining it with their statistical talk.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)   Steelers best at giving out  charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers best at giving out charity in the NFL- Dolphins Post Game Thread(Gameballs/Goats)
Page 1 of 1