Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBig Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"

Go down 
+11
Atlanta Dan
effyou515
JPPT1974
Wallace108
Jazzo
SteelerFreak58
FrancoLambert
OX1947
WVABE
stlrtruck
Shalieve5090
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" Empty
PostSubject: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 12:10 pm

So I guess the team is frustrated with AB continually getting penalties for his TD celebrations, I hope this doesnt start to become a huge issue and affect the teams play down the stretch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 pm

I read the article myself.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/antonio-brown-steelers-celebrations

And it really sounds more like stating the obvious. I don't think it'll be a distraction down the stretch. It certainly shouldn't be and while I don't mind some of the celebrations, he has to know the position he's putting the team in on kickoff.

He needs to remain focused and let the celebrating happen on the sidelines.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Good, I wish there was a $100,000 fine to go with each flag.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 7:52 pm

I had about enough last week as well. It cost the team 7 points. Colts returned the short kickoff to midfield when it would have more than likely started at the 25.

If the NFL wants to end these stupid celebrations, put the penalty on the extra point. I am sure the kickers will love to have to kick 48 yards for 1 point.

Last edited by OX1947 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 7:54 pm

If it hurts the team don't do it.

Just flip the ball to the ref, go to your sideline, and have your teammates mob you.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Stupid selfish play. At this point every time he does it I like him as a Steeler less and less. He is a great player and has produced for the team but doing the dumbest of shit to hurt the team is just flat out unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 10:24 pm

Yeah, I am tired of seeing all of his celebration shit. The NFL has been methodically turning into the WWE within the last couple of decades.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Ben said the following in the story that Truck posted the link to ...

"... he just gets caught up in the moment sometimes."

Uh, no. If Brown was flagged occasionally for celebrating after a big td, because he got caught up in the moment, I don't think it would be an issue. The problem is that he's drawing flags consistently for routine tds. It's not happening just after big moments ... it's happening almost every time he scores. It's selfish, and he needs to stop.

As for whether his teammates have had enough ... of course they have. It's one thing to draw a flag and hurt the team while trying to make a play. But Brown isnt drawing flags while trying to make plays ... he's hurting the team for trying to promote himself.

Tomlin should have Harrison "talk" to him.

Coach, did you order a code red?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 am

Yeah as really Antonio could possibly cause his team to lose over his antics.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 am

Antonio Brown just but the camera on me dick head.

trade him to a team with the worst QB in the league Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:53 am

Tomlin apparently wanted to keep any comments to Brown in house at his weekly media conference on Tuesday - he apparently did not know what Ben had already disclosed

The coach said he had no discussion with his players about the touchdown celebration penalty charged to Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell in Indianapolis.

“You know, I didn’t. We already discussed it [previously] and discussed it wholly. I don’t think it requires additional discussion.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/11/29/Mike-Tomlin-Steelers-linebackers-playing-for-jobs-Bud-Dupree/stories/201611290164

But Ben has a radio show and continues to spout off there (e.g. - his garbled explanation as to whether or not he had a concussion after the Seattle game last season, his contention the Steelers injuries might be due to Tomlin running practices that are too tough). Assuming Ben is not just making it up, which he has done before.

I am tired of Brown's celebrations. But as long as we are talking about not doing anything that detracts from the team and just draws personal attention to yourself maybe Ben should dump the radio show - this is not the 1970s where players needed the $$ for gigs like that to make ends meet
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 8:31 am

effyou515 wrote:
Antonio Brown just but the camera on me dick head.

trade him to a team with the worst QB in the league Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" 1797695198

They can just bring back Vick and start him. AB could be punished at home. Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:17 am

It's simple:

Act like you've been there before.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
If it hurts the team don't do it.

Just flip the ball to the ref, go to your sideline, and have your teammates mob you.

Ala, Barry Sanders

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 am

it is up to the defense to corner him and have a little talkin' too about how his silly little dance PIs making their job harder.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm

The articles that popped up here annoyed the p*ss out of me, because anyone who listens to Ben's radio show knows that's not what he said, and they twisted his words.

Do you think any football team is happy when they get penalized? Nope! This is controllable, but so are some dropped passes, holding, false starts, etc.

This was something blown way out of proportion.

That said, anyone notice the referees swarm AB Sunday after that TD? I sit right where he scored and got a good shot of it on camera. Pretty ridiculous.

http://steelcityunderground.com
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 5:07 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
The articles that popped up here annoyed the p*ss out of me, because anyone who listens to Ben's radio show knows that's not what he said, and they twisted his words.

Do you think any football team is happy when they get penalized? Nope! This is controllable, but so are some dropped passes, holding, false starts, etc.

That said, anyone notice the referees swarm AB Sunday after that TD? I sit right where he scored and got a good shot of it on camera. Pretty ridiculous.

You were closer than me...but I had a good view and watched to see what would happen after the TD....the closest official had his eyes glued on AB after the play...for a long time.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 5:09 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
SteelCityUnderground wrote:

You were closer than me...but I had a good view and watched to see what would happen after the TD....the closest official had his eyes glued on AB after the play...for a long time.

Yeah this was my shot of it. I noticed that too. I was kind of waiting to dance with him haha!

https://twitter.com/steelcityundrgr/status/805539509215653897

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 12:46 am

I'm an X's and O's football watcher and I understand wanting a little camera time after a TD but when a player goes a little to far for camera time and make other players jobs a little harder after the dance or add a player to the dance you have done separated yourself from the team.

Just catch TD passes there will be more then enough money to be made without making other teammates jobs harder.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 12:21 pm

effyou515 wrote:
I'm an X's and O's football watcher and I understand wanting a little camera time after a TD but when a player goes a little to far for camera time and make other players jobs a little harder after the dance or add a player to the dance you have done separated yourself from the team.

Just catch TD passes there will be more then enough money to be made without making other teammates jobs harder.

True, but I still can't look past AJ Green punting a ball into the stands, or Vontaze Burfict doing a Forrest Gump run into the tunnel... WITHOUT FLAGS.

At least be consistent, because it DOES impact games.

BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:32 am

I loved When Ben Pointed out the penalty to him on the sideline in the Giants game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"   Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances" Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Ben: "Steelers have had enough of AB's dances"
Page 1 of 1