Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen in walking boot...anybody have info??? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???

Go down 
+12
OX1947
El-Gonzo Jackson
kirklandrules
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
stlrtruck
solardave
effyou515
kan_t
IowaSteeler927
Steelcitian
steelcrazy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? Empty
PostSubject: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 9:16 pm

I saw Ben show up at the press conference wearing a walking boot..but I was at a bar and couldn't hear the reason for it. Anybody know anything about it?? Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 2829330259

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 9:21 pm

They said he will be fine for the game.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Just precautionary for swelling. He'll be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Hard to think that it's serious when he could ran off the field after the last play of the game. Shall be for precautionary purpose only.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:58 am

hope Jones is warming up. Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 1797695198

stupid play on Ben's part game is won and he's out there making a fool out of himself on that play.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 6:18 am

He should have been out of the game by then if I'm right and it happened on the int. play.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 am

solardave wrote:
He should have been out of the game by then if I'm right and it happened on the int. play.

EXACTLY!

At the time of this 'injury' the game was well in hand and there was no reason for any of the key starters to be on the field on either side of the ball.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:07 am

effyou515 wrote:
hope Jones is warming up. Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 1797695198

stupid play on Ben's part game is won and he's out there making a fool out of himself on that play.

So we get to relive the "will Ben be able to play and if so how well?" drama in the run up to the Broncos playoff game last season Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 1505004552

If they are in the game players are going to try to make plays - this is on Tomlin for not pulling Ben after the onside kick was recovered
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:28 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

EXACTLY!

At the time of this 'injury' the game was well in hand and there was no reason for any of the key starters to be on the field on either side of the ball.
Why the hell we weren't watching Landry Jones handing the ball off to DeAngelo Williams I have no idea...I usually defend Coach Tomlin but I will never understand his line of thinking on this.

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 am

Yeah I don't understand why Landry and Williams weren't in either. Stinks but I'm sure Ben will be all right.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:09 am

I'm not going to second guess the decision to have Ben in the game or even throwing the ball. How many times have we seen a 50-0 Pats* game where Marcia Brady is throwing another TD with less than 2 minutes in the game?

Ben is going to be fine. Hell, after that play he was rotating his arm like his shoulder was sore. Now he's in a boot? Whatever Rolling Eyes ... he'll be the starting QB on Sunday and the only time we'll think about his ankle is after every hit he takes, he'll limp around a bit.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am

kirklandrules wrote:
I'm not going to second guess the decision to have Ben in the game or even throwing the ball. How many times have we seen a 50-0 Pats** game where Marcia Brady is throwing another TD with less than 2 minutes in the game?

Ben is going to be fine. Hell, after that play he was rotating his arm like his shoulder was sore. Now he's in a boot? Whatever Rolling Eyes ... he'll be the starting QB on Sunday and the only time we'll think about his ankle is after every hit he takes, he'll limp around a bit.
Yeah that's true. Hell the Pats* have even gone for it on 4th down often in those situations and Belichick gets praised.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:46 am

steelcrazy wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

EXACTLY!

Why the hell we weren't watching Landry Jones handing the ball off to DeAngelo Williams I have no idea...I usually defend Coach Tomlin but I will never understand his line of thinking on this.

Yeah, was watching with a buddy that is a Dolphins fan and with around 9 minutes left he was asking me " what are Ben and Bell still doing in the game?"

We have all seen Ben in worse shape than the ankle yesterday. We have all seen Ben feed the drama machine that is the media. He will be out there on Sunday, like he said.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:11 am

Big Ben said he hurt his ankle on the second-to-last play of the game in the Wild Card win over the Dolphins. It's not believed to be serious in any way, and he might not even be listed on the injury report this week. Roethlisberger will be under center when the Steelers travel to Arrowhead on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/818442162694135810
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:11 pm

from what i heard the boot is just a precaution. he's fine
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Completely unnecessary injury no matter how minor.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Drama apparently resolved, but it is 6 days until the game so lots of time for more issues  before then Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 2893009358

Ben Roethlisberger: The boot is off, 'I should be good to go'

Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t need to wear a protective boot on his foot anymore. He did 18 hours ago, sure, but not now. That’s what the Steelers quarterback told Post-Gazette columnist Ron Cook in a Monday email, at least....

The team wanted him to wear the boot to his postgame news conference Sunday as a precaution, Roethlisberger told Cook, and that Tuesday’s MRI came up (relatively) fine....

(To anyone else who thought after the play that he was favoring his shoulder, not his foot — nope! You seem to have been mistaken!)

This is par for the course for Roethlisberger; the more minor an injury is, the more likely he is to speak about it publicly. If something serious is wrong with him, you’re not going to know about it. But a slight reaggravation of an old injury? Get ready for real explanations....

If it’s possible for him to play, he’s going to play. There might be moments where you think he won’t — like during his post-Dolphins news conference. Ignore them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/09/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-boot-steelers-kc-chiefs-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701090165

In addition to his other talents Ben has mastered time travel and has come back from the future to tell us the results of Tuesday's MRI
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Drama apparently resolved, but it is 6 days until the game so lots of time for more issues  before then Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 2893009358

Ben Roethlisberger: The boot is off, 'I should be good to go'

Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t need to wear a protective boot on his foot anymore. He did 18 hours ago, sure, but not now. That’s what the Steelers quarterback told Post-Gazette columnist Ron Cook in a Monday email, at least....

The team wanted him to wear the boot to his postgame news conference Sunday as a precaution, Roethlisberger told Cook, and that Tuesday’s MRI came up (relatively) fine....

(To anyone else who thought after the play that he was favoring his shoulder, not his foot — nope! You seem to have been mistaken!)

This is par for the course for Roethlisberger; the more minor an injury is, the more likely he is to speak about it publicly. If something serious is wrong with him, you’re not going to know about it. But a slight reaggravation of an old injury? Get ready for real explanations....

If it’s possible for him to play, he’s going to play. There might be moments where you think he won’t — like during his post-Dolphins news conference. Ignore them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/09/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-boot-steelers-kc-chiefs-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701090165

In addition to his other talents Ben has mastered time travel and has come back from the future to tell us the results of Tuesday's MRI
Tummy ache from putting pierogis on his KC BBQ sandwich?
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Will I play?  Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 2906524739   Won't I play?  Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 2906524739 What's the boot for?  Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 2906524739

I love my show!   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 2906524739

As much as Terry Bradshaw is an ass, Ben is a drama queen.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Glad to see this news. As gimpy as he was climbing onto the podium yesterday and grabbing the wall for support, I really thought this was going to be an issue.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:11 am

Ben is definitely a drama queen. Sometimes though I think it does help out. Opposing teams get overly aggressive and make mistakes. At this point though, come on Ben, you're not fooling anybody.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am

Probably took it off for the drive home after the media saw him being driven rather than walk from the locker room to his vehicle Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 2:36 am

Quote :
Steelers Mike Tomlin shoulders blame for Ben Roethlisberger’s injury

The collective thought from Pittsburgh Steelers fans when they saw the quarterback of their favorite team wearing a protective boot to his post-game press conference was, “Why in the world was Ben Roethlisberger in the game at that point, and why was he throwing the football?!”

Some fans wanted to blame Todd Haley for the play call, others blamed Roethlisberger when they thought he checked out of a run to throw the ball, and some went straight after Mike Tomlin for still having Roethlisberger in the game when the contest was clearly out of hand...

Rest of the Article here:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-2016-2017-preview-playoffs-divisional-round-news-updates-roster-depth-chart-salary-cap-tickets-kansas-city-chiefs-how-to-watch/2017/1/10/14209264/steelers-mike-tomlin-shoulders-blame-for-ben-roethlisbergers-injury-afc-playoffs-kansas-city-chiefs

OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 3:11 am

Yah, it's easy to blame Tomlin for this, but I don't. Ben needs to be smarter. Throw the damn ball away, the game was over.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 am

OX1947 wrote:
Yah, it's easy to blame Tomlin for this, but I don't. Ben needs to be smarter. Throw the damn ball away, the game was over.

I think the blame goes all around. Tomlin/Haley for even dreaming of a pass play in that situation, and Ben for trying to do too much and letting Cameron Wake get to him. Such a pointless play all around. Just hand the ball off to #26, and if he doesn't get the first down, punt it away.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???   Ben in walking boot...anybody have info??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben in walking boot...anybody have info???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next