Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread

Go down 
+28
Wallace108
Mach1
steelcrazy
Geordie
Shalieve5090
schillah
WVABE
El-Gonzo Jackson
OX1947
FrancoLambert
solardave
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Atlanta Dan
effyou515
Jazzo
LambertWardSteel
SteelerFreak58
kirklandrules
JPPT1974
Lokki
kan_t
SteelerEmpire
Steeler-in-west
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Steelcitian
Fire Arians
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 10:04 am

The question is, I know we have a chance of beating KC at home, but if so is there any chance of going into New England and beating them? Its going to take the A game to accomplish that.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 am

Steelcitian wrote:
The question is, I know we have a chance of beating KC at home, but if so is there any chance of going into New England and beating them? Its going to take the A game to accomplish that.

I am worrying about the Chiefs first

FWIW Seattle did it by putting up 31 points - the Pats* defense has issues that can be exploited
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

FWIW Seattle did it by putting up 31 points - the Pats** defense has issues that can be exploited

Exactly. The Chiefs present enough problems for the Steelers to deal with on Sunday. At this stage of the schedule, we can't afford to look past or through the next game.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Watched the press conference - Tomlin only said Bell has some "bumps and bruises" and may get practice off Wednesday - no specific reference to any particular injuries for Bell
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Honestly I'm more worried about KC more than who may follow.We have to run well and I hope Green clears protocol. I think keeping KC on defense and wearing them down wins this game.
I don't care if Smith dinks us up and down the field as long as we hold them to field goals we win unless our STs give up a TD. For what it's worth I think the Texans beat the Patriots* 27-26.

Close game: Steelers 24 Chiefs 18
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:25 pm

At today's press conference Tomlin was asked a vague question about whether Tyreek Hill's background impacted his position on the Steelers draft board, which Tomlin ran away from by responding he was not going to discuss the factors the Steelers consider when deciding whether to draft a player.

I was clueless what that was all about but assumed it was something Tomlin did not want to go near.

SI.com has cleared that up for me by posting this article this afternoon

The Tyreek Hill Conundrum: How can we cheer for a player with such a heinous past?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/10/tyreek-hill-kansas-city-chiefs-domestic-violence

Yikes
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:47 pm

solardave wrote:
For what it's worth I think the Texans beat the Patriots**  27-26.

TBH i see this as a possibility. The Patriots** fans atm are the most arrogant bunch I've seen for a long time, and this game even much more so than before. They're already writing the Texans off as a win and already are talking about the chiefs/steelers winner.

I hope to god their team is going into this game as arrogant as their fans are lol.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
At today's press conference Tomlin was asked a vague question about whether Tyreek Hill's background impacted his position on the Steelers draft board, which Tomlin ran away from by responding he was not going to discuss the factors the Steelers consider when deciding whether to draft a player.

I was clueless what that was all about but assumed it was something Tomlin did not want to go near.

The Tyreek Hill Conundrum: How can we cheer for a player with such a heinous past?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/10/tyreek-hill-kansas-city-chiefs-domestic-violence

Yikes

Yeah, the part in the article about..." with Ray Rice there was video, with Hardy there was pictures and with Hill there is no video, so that is why he is playing", is kind of telling of today's society. If there is a video you can view on your phone, then the guy is scum, but if there isn't then he is innocent until proven otherwise and deserves another chance.

Chiefs fans are Chiefs fans, not Hill fans. The guy hit the mother of his child and choked her. Definitely not a guy that you expect the Steelers to draft and probably why he was likely not on their board. Frank Clark is a pass rusher that would fit with the Steelers, but he too had his domestic issues and seems to be working out fine in Seattle.

Honestly, Gregg Lloyd put a gun in his sons mouth didn't he? Ben did stuff that his own father and family were disappointed by, but I was a Steeler fan before those guys played and will be one after. Tyreek Hill may have a terrible past, but any TD's he scores will still count, so I hope the Steelers shut him down.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

Yikes

Yeah, the part in the article about..." with Ray Rice there was video, with Hardy there was pictures and with Hill there is no video, so that is why he is playing", is kind of telling of today's society.  If there is a video you can view on your phone, then the guy is scum, but if there isn't then he is innocent until proven otherwise and deserves another chance.

Chiefs fans are Chiefs fans, not Hill fans.  The guy hit the mother of his child and choked her.  Definitely not a guy that you expect the Steelers to draft and probably why he was likely not on their board.  Frank Clark is a pass rusher that would fit with the Steelers, but he too had his domestic issues and seems to be working out fine in Seattle.

Honestly, Gregg Lloyd put a gun in his sons mouth didn't he?   Ben did stuff that his own father and family were disappointed by, but I was a Steeler fan before those guys played and will be one after.  Tyreek Hill may have a terrible past, but any TD's he scores will still count, so I hope the Steelers shut him down.

There is a video with the article in which Will Leitch discusses rooting for your team when it has players with sketchy backgrounds or worse - Leitch states some views I share on how you can root for the team without supporting the player misconduct (a takeoff on the Jerry Seinfeld riff that "you are rooting for clothing") and that once you start drilling down into the character of the performers you are going to miss out on a lot of sports, music and movies - Leitch draws his line at not buying a Tyreek Hill jersey

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm

is tyreek hill gonna have to choke a bitch?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
solardave wrote:
For what it's worth I think the Texans beat the Patriots***  27-26.

TBH i see this as a possibility. The Patriots*** fans atm are the most arrogant bunch I've seen for a long time, and this game even much more so than before. They're already writing the Texans off as a win and already are talking about the chiefs/steelers winner.

I hope to god their team is going into this game as arrogant as their fans are lol.
I hope so too. That team deserves a slice of humble pie. Suspending Brady didn't do it for them but maybe losing a agme where they're overwhelmingly favored will.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
solardave wrote:
For what it's worth I think the Texans beat the Patriots****  27-26.

TBH i see this as a possibility. The Patriots**** fans atm are the most arrogant bunch I've seen for a long time, and this game even much more so than before. They're already writing the Texans off as a win and already are talking about the chiefs/steelers winner.

I hope so too. That team deserves a slice of humble pie. Suspending Brady didn't do it for them but maybe losing a agme where they're overwhelmingly favored will.

Yeah, hate is a strong word but I've never disliked any person, team, or anything else, as much as I dislike the Pats*. Their fans are just as bad and justify it as people hate them because they win. No, people dislike them because they are sleazy. The Steelers and Giants have won more Super Bowls the last 10 years than they have so it's not about winning. I've watched the Steelers since they end of the Steel Curtain days.If the Steelers can beat the Chiefs and get to NE, and win, it would personally be the most satisfying win ever.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:

FWIW Seattle did it by putting up 31 points - the Pats*** defense has issues that can be exploited

Exactly.  The Chiefs present enough problems for the Steelers to deal with on Sunday.  At this stage of the schedule, we can't afford to look past or through the next game.

Yeah, we could easily lose this game. Ben hasn't played his best ball on the road, KC can load up on Bell and our pass D can get shredded. Ben's got to play a good game and the pass D has to play better than last week. Not to mention our special teams have to play decently at least. The steelers come to play hard disciplined football and They should win.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
solardave wrote:
For what it's worth I think the Texans beat the Patriots*****  27-26.

TBH i see this as a possibility. The Patriots***** fans atm are the most arrogant bunch I've seen for a long time, and this game even much more so than before. They're already writing the Texans off as a win and already are talking about the chiefs/steelers winner.

Yeah, hate is a strong word but I've never disliked any person, team, or anything else, as much as I dislike the Pats**. Their fans are just as bad and justify it as people hate them because they win. No, people dislike them because they are sleazy. The Steelers and Giants have won more Super Bowls the last 10 years than they have so it's not about winning. I've watched the Steelers since they end of the Steel Curtain days.If the Steelers can beat the Chiefs and get to NE, and win, it would personally be the most satisfying win ever.
Yeah, I'm sick of hearing "Oh you're just jealous." And it's like please, my team has two SBs in my life time. You're exactly right, they're sleazy and that's why people hate them.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
solardave wrote:
For what it's worth I think the Texans beat the Patriots***  27-26.

TBH i see this as a possibility. The Patriots*** fans atm are the most arrogant bunch I've seen for a long time, and this game even much more so than before. They're already writing the Texans off as a win and already are talking about the chiefs/steelers winner.

There is a better chance of me plowing Kate Upton than the Texans beating the Patriots* this week.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 11:24 pm

For what it's worth Pete Prisco picks us Sunday

Quote :
This shapes up as a game that will be decided by the Chiefs defense and their ability to slow down Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown. They were all impressive in the Steelers' blowout of the Dolphins last Sunday. Kansas City doesn't have great defensive numbers -- finishing ranked 24th in total defense and 26th against the run. That could be good news for Bell. But the Chiefs led the NFL in takeaways with 33 and they have a good pass rush led by Justin Houston. On the other side, the Steelers defense has really improved in the past eight games, which will make it tough for Alex Smith and company. This should be a close game, which means Tyreek Hill and his return ability could be the difference. I think in the end, the Steelers offense will be too much for the Chiefs if Roethlisberger's ankle isn't an issue. He plays, and it won't be. Pittsburgh moves on.
Pick: Steelers 26, Chiefs 20

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-2017-nfl-playoffs-divisional-picks-falcons-Patriots*-steelers-packers-win/
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 11:34 pm

It will be a good game. As really Arrowhead is a hard place to play. But it can be done! Good luck!

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
For what it's worth Pete Prisco picks us Sunday

Quote :
This shapes up as a game that will be decided by the Chiefs defense and their ability to slow down Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown. They were all impressive in the Steelers' blowout of the Dolphins last Sunday. Kansas City doesn't have great defensive numbers -- finishing ranked 24th in total defense and 26th against the run. That could be good news for Bell. But the Chiefs led the NFL in takeaways with 33 and they have a good pass rush led by Justin Houston. On the other side, the Steelers defense has really improved in the past eight games, which will make it tough for Alex Smith and company. This should be a close game, which means Tyreek Hill and his return ability could be the difference. I think in the end, the Steelers offense will be too much for the Chiefs if Roethlisberger's ankle isn't an issue. He plays, and it won't be. Pittsburgh moves on.
Pick: Steelers 26, Chiefs 20

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-2017-nfl-playoffs-divisional-picks-falcons-Patriots**-steelers-packers-win/

Pete Prisco... Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 294855916 Dude likes horses.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 9:12 am

The last time these teams played, Sammie Coates had 6 receptions for 79 yards and DHB had 1 reception for a 31 yard TD. Gonna need somebody on the right side to step up and challenge Marcus Peters deep, so they cant always double #84 on the other side. Maybe Coates is good enough to run a couple "nines" on sunday.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Bell tuned them up for 144 yards in the first meeting (8 yard avg), with most yards coming after a sizable lead (when KC would expect the run game to kick in). KC lost their stud ILB (Derrick Johnson) and their other ILBs aren't that great. Their defense ranks 26th in the league for average rushing yards/game (121) and a good part of that was with Johnson in the middle ... he went on IR in week 14.

My keys to this game are:
Offense:

• Ring the Bell - If Bell duplicates that 144 performance, the Steelers win
  • Ben Dover - Ben needs to go a game on the road without an INT. If he finishes without and INT, the Steelers win
  • It's all on the Line - Let's face it, this team has won plenty without great line play in the past. But if the Steelers O-Line plays on par with what they did against Miami, the Steelers win

Defense:

• Ground and Pound - If the Steelers defense makes Alex Smith win this game because they stuff the run, the Steelers win. I'm not an Alex Smith hater, per se, but he's not a championship QB (everyone has their opinions and that mine)
  • A Man Must Know His Limitations - The Steelers defense won't stop Kelce, but if they limit his play, the Steelers win

Special Teams:

• Well Aren't You Special - Keep Tyreek Hill from turning the tide on ST, and the Steelers win

Last week I predicted the Steelers would pound the Dolphins and they didn't disappoint. They tend to keep road games closer. Steelers by 7 (24 - 17).
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Ben Roethlisberger Thrives In Cold Temperatures   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 4:06 pm

"The Steelers crushed the Dolphins last week in the Wild Card Round, and are moving on to Kansas City to face the Chiefs in the Divisional Round this week. The forecast calls for a 90% chance of freezing rain with a high of 34 degrees in Kansas City on Sunday, but history says Big Ben can handle the cold weather. Roethlisberger has been hot in some rather cold games, winning 13 of his last 14 games with a temperature under 40 degrees. The Steelers have the key to success in winning these cold weather games with an outstanding rushing attack led by Le'Veon Bell, and a dominant offensive line. Still, Roethlisberger may not be fully healthy this week after injuring his ankle during their blowout win over the Dolphins. But even with an injured ankle, history is on the Steelers' side when it comes to Big Ben in cold weather."

http://www.12up.com/posts/4396754-ben-roethlisberger-thrives-in-cold-temperatures?a_aid=40920

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Projected weather for KC Sunday = Freezing rain 90% chance below 35 degree temps. Beautiful running game weather!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm

As noted in the Ladarius Green thread, Green did not practice today, which probably means he is no go for Sunday.    

Other players who DNP

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 4:36 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Projected weather for KC Sunday = Freezing rain 90% chance below 35 degree temps. Beautiful running game weather!

and Bell style of running is prefect for slippery conditions.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 pm

effyou515 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

and Bell style of running is prefect for slippery conditions.

I was thinking the same. I wish Green could get back on the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next