Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGilbert fighting through adversity Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Gilbert fighting through adversity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Gilbert fighting through adversity Empty
PostSubject: Gilbert fighting through adversity   Gilbert fighting through adversity EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:18 am

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, August 26, 2011

Marcus Gilbert was brimming with confidence when he was introduced to the organization two days after the Steelers selected him in the second round of April's NFL Draft.

It has been all downhill since.

» Because of the lockout, Gilbert wasn't allowed to take part in any offseason activities or have any contact with offensive line coach Sean Kugler.

» Gilbert didn't return to the Steelers' facility until four days before the start of training camp.

» Then, after only one practice, Gilbert suffered a hamstring injury that kept him out of action for more than a week.

» Finally, when he replaced injured left tackle Jonathan Scott on the second play of a 24-14 victory over the Eagles, Gilbert was sidelined with a hyperextended left knee after playing only about 12 snaps.

"He had a rocky beginning," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "We're pleased with what we've seen from him, but it must continue."

Now with his knee and hamstring better and with a stronger grasp of the playbook, Gilbert will start for the still-injured Scott at left tackle against Atlanta on Saturday.

Read more: Steelers' Gilbert fighting through adversity - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_753549.html#ixzz1W6aqjXWg
-------------------------------------------------

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him. I know it's just wishful thinking to luck out with landing 2 stud linemen in back to back years ... but one can hope.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert fighting through adversity   Gilbert fighting through adversity EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 am

If he's a Steelers player, he'll bounce back and be better. He'll use this little setback to make himself better.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Gilbert fighting through adversity 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert fighting through adversity   Gilbert fighting through adversity EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am

I heard he is real good freinds with Pouncey . I am sure he will show him the light? Usually the Steelers would have nickname for Pouncey by now does anyone know what it is? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert fighting through adversity   Gilbert fighting through adversity Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilbert fighting through adversity
Page 1 of 1