Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'

Go down 
+2
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' Empty
PostSubject: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 6:39 pm

By Conor Orr
Around The NFL Writer
Published: Jan. 31, 2017

Steelers president Art Rooney II does not think wide receiver Antonio Brown has crossed over into detrimental to the team status.

At least that was the sentiment conveyed in an interview given to local reporters on Tuesday, in which Rooney mentioned that Brown's recent issues have amounted to "little annoyances, with the emphasis on little." Brown, as everyone well knows, live streamed a locker room scene and post-game speech given by head coach Mike Tomlin after the team's victory over Kansas City in the AFC divisional round.

"Antonio is a good guy, a good person," Rooney said, via the Post-Gazette. "I enjoy him personally. He's someone his teammates like to have on the team."

Rooney added that he's spoken with Ben Roethlisberger and thinks his quarterback will return for the 2017 season, noting that his comments about retirement might have been the product of frustration after losing to the Patriots*.

Rooney's words served as a bit of cold water on the recent series of small fires breaking out in Pittsburgh. While the Steelers remain one of the most enviably consistent franchises in football, they did watch one of their star players commit an egregious public error down the stretch, which apparently revealed that not all was well beneath the surface. Roethlisberger's remarks a week ago did not help the perception that, collectively, the organization needed to take a step back and breathe.

The Steelers have an enviable roster construction at the moment and are good enough to walk back into the AFC Championship Game next year assuming Le'Veon Bell remains healthy and agrees to play under the franchise tag, which NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport noted is the most likely course of action.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000781429/article/rooney-antonio-browns-antics-are-little-annoyances
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 4:37 am

I want to believe that he is in a good place. I want to believe this is all behind him. If it is true and AB tones down his drama we will have the best tandem in the NFL next year.

I don't remember where I heard this: The Falcons used a receiver in place of Julio to run 2 deep patterns in a row because the team they were playing was playing man coverage. Then they put Julio back in and hit him long for a TD. In that situation we could use either Coates (if he's still here) or DHB.
I'd like to see Atlanta do this in the SB to see how pissed Belichick would be. That would be a reason to tune in anyway.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Trade him for a 1 and 3 pick this year and a 2 pick next year. Save some money get some extra picks and lose a drama creator. It's just business. Shit see if the Stains will make that trade happen see how he enjoys going to a turd franchise let him throw a fit there and run wrong routes because he is mad...
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 am

Just hope that Antonio can tone down his act. As really just need for him to not cause anymore embarrassment.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 3:13 am

Honestly I want to see Brown back next season, but he needs to pull his head out of his ass. No stupid antics, no dumb penalities for selfish celebrations, no filming via Facebook live in the locker room after a game... Just go out and play. If he continues to create drama, then the Steelers should stick to the Steeler way and trade him off. I love AB, and everything he's done for this team, but his distractions are starting to get on my nerves. The focus should be on the team, on winning games, not on AB and his personal fame.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 6:21 am

We talk about other players not being mature and only thinking about themselves. (Bell and Bryant come to mind) AB needs to wake up and realize that there is a time and a place for everything. The locker room is the the place for video and while on the field it is not the time for celebrations that bring penalties. Grow up and put the TEAM first.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Antonio Brown: ‘I Have Some Growing Up To Do’

Steelers star wide receiver Antonio Brown took a ton of heat for streaming the locker room celebration after the Steelers took down the Chiefs in the AFC Divisional Round, and it seems like he’s still paying the price for his apparent transgressions. In an interview with Bleacher Report, Brown was exceedingly apologetic for his actions, and vowed that nothing of the sort will ever happen again.

“The big thing I learned is that I have some growing up to do, and I’m going to do it,” Brown told Bleacher Report. “I learned a lot from it and will keep learning. I’m going to rebuild the trust with my teammates and my coaches. I promise you that, too.”

http://thespun.com/football/afc-north/pittsburgh-steelers/steelers-antonio-brown-growing-up

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 7:38 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Antonio Brown: ‘I Have Some Growing Up To Do’

Steelers star wide receiver Antonio Brown took a ton of heat for streaming the locker room celebration after the Steelers took down the Chiefs in the AFC Divisional Round, and it seems like he’s still paying the price for his apparent transgressions. In an interview with Bleacher Report, Brown was exceedingly apologetic for his actions, and vowed that nothing of the sort will ever happen again.

“The big thing I learned is that I have some growing up to do, and I’m going to do it,” Brown told Bleacher Report. “I learned a lot from it and will keep learning. I’m going to rebuild the trust with my teammates and my coaches. I promise you that, too.”

http://thespun.com/football/afc-north/pittsburgh-steelers/steelers-antonio-brown-growing-up

He knows he needs to do some growing up, now he needs to be a man and make the corrections. Nothing wrong with having fun, but when it hurts the team, and causes distractions... Can't have that.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 7:40 am

After reading a couple articles I believe he sees the light and knows what he has to do. We're going to need him next year.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 7:43 am

solardave wrote:
After reading a couple articles I believe he sees the light and knows what he has to do. We're going to need him next year.

Without a doubt, him and Ben have probably the best QB/WR chemistry in the league. Losing Brown would set this offense back immensely.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances'   Rooney: Antonio Brown's antics are 'little annoyances' Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1