Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers release Ladarius Green

Go down 
+11
Shalieve5090
Fire Arians
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
Master_Of_Puppets
WVABE
jak341
BlackAndGold
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Ladarius Green   Steelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
If JJ continues to improve like he did from season 1 to season 2, we'll be fine at the TE position.
Depth at that position is another issue.  

James ranked #33 in receiving yards last season.  He ranked 24th in receptions.

Looks below mediocre to me.  I always said the kid is a #2 TE and that is great, but the Steelers still need a #1 TE at some point and Ben isn't getting any younger.  I'm not ready to accept that the TE play is bottom 1/3 in the league and that is good enough.

our 1st round drafted TE heath miller was also in the bottom half of the league stats his first two years .. Steelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 2087824411

i compared 2nd year stats for james and miller in another thread , and they were nearly identical. in 2006 jeremy tuman who is the only other TE recording a catch for the steelers had 7  , but between johnson , greene and grimble , 34 balls were caught, that may or may not have been targets / receptions for james had he not been spliting time with those guys.

i wasn't a big fan of james last year , mainly because of shitty blocking , but i seen improvement in 2016. to me that suggest he hasn't hit his ceiling just yet , so he may end up being close to or at heath's level of play when it's all said and done.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

Steelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Ladarius Green   Steelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
If JJ continues to improve like he did from season 1 to season 2, we'll be fine at the TE position.
Depth at that position is another issue.  

James ranked #33 in receiving yards last season.  He ranked 24th in receptions.

Looks below mediocre to me.  I always said the kid is a #2 TE and that is great, but the Steelers still need a #1 TE at some point and Ben isn't getting any younger.  I'm not ready to accept that the TE play is bottom 1/3 in the league and that is good enough.

our 1st round drafted TE heath miller was also in the bottom half of the league stats his first two years .. Steelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 2087824411

i compared 2nd year stats for james and miller in another thread , and they were nearly identical. in 2006 jeremy tuman who is the only other TE recording a catch for the steelers had 7  , but between johnson , greene and grimble , 34 balls were caught, that may or may not have been targets / receptions for james had he not been spliting time with those guys.

i wasn't a big fan of james last year , mainly because of shitty blocking , but i seen improvement in 2016. to me that suggest he hasn't hit his ceiling just yet , so he may end up being close to or at heath's level of play when it's all said and done.

With the players at the WR position, our TE's may not reach 34 receptions next season.  Steelers release Ladarius Green - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down

Steelers release Ladarius Green
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2