Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’

Go down 
+3
IowaSteeler927
stlrtruck
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:47 am

Ever since the Pittsburgh Steelers selected former USC wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second-round of this year’s draft, fellow wide receiver Eli Rogers has become an afterthought in the minds of most fans of the team. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, however, hasn’t forgotten about Rogers as the team continues their annual training camp and he spoke highly of the former undrafted free agent out of Louisville during a Monday afternoon interview with Ike Taylor of the NFL Network.

“I’m excited,” Roethlisberger said of Rogers. “Eli, not a rookie last year, but rookie playing – first year playing, really did some good things [last year]. [He] came on strong late in the year.”

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/07/ben-roethlisberger-eli-rogers-see-much-growth/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 9:32 am

I like Eli Rogers. It reminds me a little bit of Hines Ward with his work ethic and desire to succeed.

While he's small compared to other Steelers WRs, I believe he's still a high value asset to the WR group.

I think he should make the roster again this year given his experience and his performance at the end of last season.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 7:56 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I like Eli Rogers.  It reminds me a little bit of Hines Ward with his work ethic and desire to succeed.

While he's small compared to other Steelers WRs, I believe he's still a high value asset to the WR group.

I think he should make the roster again this year given his experience and his performance at the end of last season.

I think Rogers is a lock. I think we're going to roll with Brown, Bryant, Hunter, Rogers, Smith-Schuster, and Cobi Hamilton. I think Hamilton will make it over Ayers just because of his experience from last season. Hamilton is a bigger body with more experience, and to be honest I've read more good things about Hamilton in camp then I have about Ayers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 12:16 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
I like Eli Rogers.  It reminds me a little bit of Hines Ward with his work ethic and desire to succeed.

I think Rogers is a lock. I think we're going to roll with Brown, Bryant, Hunter, Rogers, Smith-Schuster, and Cobi Hamilton. I think Hamilton will make it over Ayers just because of his experience from last season. Hamilton is a bigger body with more experience, and to be honest I've read more good things about Hamilton in camp then I have about Ayers.

If those are your top 5, I think DHB makes it as the #6WR over Hamilton. Tomlin seems to be the #1 DHB fan in the entire league.

That being said, I posted several times in the preseason last year that Rogers would beat out Ayers for the spot and that Ayers has a good change of direction and quickness, but Rogers just seems to find open seams in the zones well and his vertical speed is better than that of Ayers. Rogers becomes the top slot option and I guess juju is the next best guy in there unless they decide that Hunter and Bryant are better on the outside and AB works the slot.

Either way, its shaping up to be a talented group of WR's again.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 2:11 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

If those are your top 5, I think DHB makes it as the #6WR over Hamilton.  Tomlin seems to be the #1 DHB fan in the entire league.

That being said, I posted several times in the preseason last year that Rogers would beat out Ayers for the spot and that Ayers has a good change of direction and quickness, but Rogers just seems to find open seams in the zones well and his vertical speed is better than that of Ayers.  Rogers becomes the top slot option and I guess juju is the next best guy in there unless they decide that Hunter and Bryant are better on the outside and AB works the slot.

I actually like DHB, he's hard nosed, and he works his ass off. His problem is inconsistency, and he's 30 years old. Hamilton is younger, and put up better numbers than DHB last season which is why I give him the nod though I definitely could see things going either way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

If those are your top 5, I think DHB makes it as the #6WR over Hamilton.  Tomlin seems to be the #1 DHB fan in the entire league.

That being said, I posted several times in the preseason last year that Rogers would beat out Ayers for the spot and that Ayers has a good change of direction and quickness, but Rogers just seems to find open seams in the zones well and his vertical speed is better than that of Ayers.  Rogers becomes the top slot option and I guess juju is the next best guy in there unless they decide that Hunter and Bryant are better on the outside and AB works the slot.

I actually like DHB, he's hard nosed, and he works his ass off. His problem is inconsistency, and he's 30 years old. Hamilton is younger, and put up better numbers than DHB last season which is why I give him the nod though I definitely could see things going either way.

Personally I have thought that DHB has been taking up a roster spot for the past few years of some prospective young WR with upside, where as DHB is on the downward slide of his career and still has hands of stone. The issue is that the Steelers haven't had anybody that seems to want to work their butt off as a ST gunner, while working on their WR craft, so he keeps making the 53.

Ayers is the kind of guy that will work and hustle to push him off the roster IMO, but again I see that Tomlin or others in the organization fall in love with "their guys" like Mike Vick, Antowan Blake, etc and they end up on the roster.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Resurrecting an old thread. Is Eli Rodgers having drama issues too? Read through his tweets, starting with the first link.

https://twitter.com/DVERandy/status/923647683088322561

https://twitter.com/__bELIeve17/status/923647132409761792
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 pm

jak341 wrote:
Resurrecting an old thread. Is Eli Rodgers having drama issues too? Read through his tweets, starting with the first link.

I have no clue what he's talking about. Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ 2829330259

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 4:45 am

Wallace108 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I have no clue what he's talking about. Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ 2829330259

I understand Twitter like I understand Spanish. No habla twitter. Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 7:03 am

The person DVERandy is the local radio morning show host. There was speculation that Rodgers is extremely unhappy with his position with the team.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Wish he would've had enough growth to catch the ball in the endzone

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:16 pm

He still looks like the same old mediocre slot WR to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’   Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’ Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger On Eli Rogers: ‘I See So Much Growth In Him’
Page 1 of 1