Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCan We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?

Go down 
+16
Lokki
SteelerSpartan
jak341
effyou515
BKAnthem
OX1947
FrancoLambert
Master_Of_Puppets
solardave
Wallace108
LambertWardSteel
stlrtruck
IowaSteeler927
Stella Nation
vasteeler
Steelcitian
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? Empty
PostSubject: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 9:08 pm

What are you're predictions for game 1 of the new year? I know its the Browns but they have played tough in the past. I'm still predicting a win- a very bold prediction. So many new pieces and returning faces on both sides of the ball.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 pm

48 - 0 us Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? 792589548

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 10:58 am

27 -13 Steelers

Haden a pick 6, Coates 64 yard TD and 3 drops Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? 2185032793
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 8:20 am

Steelers 35 Browns 13.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 8:31 am

The Browns defense is much improved over years past.
The Offense, from what I've seen in preseason, is much improved.

We certainly can't overlook them anymore as in seasons past.

IMO, if the Browns win this game (or even make it close - within a TD), it will catapult them for the rest of the season.

It is the Steelers job to remove all doubt!

31-10 Steelers (of course)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Steelers 34-10

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 2:19 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 2:42 pm

I think Ben has a bad game and we win 17-9.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 6:24 pm

with all the new faces i predict 10+ penalties. the starters got so few reps in preseason i think they'll look "rusty" and it will be an ugly, close win.
steelers 17
browns 13
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Offense shows rust.
Defense is ?
Cleveland's D is better.
An ugly win.
20-14
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm

If the Steelers do not mow down a Browns team that doesnt even have a 3rd stringer playing QB as a starter, then it is status quo for the Tomlin Era, ahahhaha.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 pm

the Browns are no slouches this year....they are better across the board...especially the Oline
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 am

Steelers look ugly in the first half get it together in the second half.

Browns 17

Steelers 24
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 7:06 am

I'm thinking this is going to be a tough game. The Browns want to prove they are not the same old Browns. I think this game is close for 2 quarters, but the Steelers pull away in the 3rd.

31-24 is my call, with the Browns getting a late garbage TD.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 6:52 am

My question is who are they going to cover Antonio Brown with? Brown used to give Haden trouble and he was a Pro Bowler with the Browns. Not to mention he's going to have Bryant starting opposite. Who do you double?
Their defense might be better in regards to their front seven, but their secondary is suspect. I expect a high flying aerial attack Sunday.

As for the Brownie offense, Kizer won't be throwing against vanilla coverages, he'll have a lot more thrown at him on Sunday. Not to mention the fact Haden has probably shared quite a bit of information regarding the Browns offense with our coaching staff, though Coates has probably done the same on their end.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Looks like Garrett out. So much for his promise to nail Ben. I'm a Notre Dame fan but was never greatly impressed with Kizer.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20616316/cleveland-browns-defensive-end-myles-garrett-high-ankle-sprain

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 6:41 pm

AV probably sleeping a little easier with Miles out.....but he had a really shaky preseason...I'll be keeping my eye on him hoping he doesn't get Ben killed by a blind side hit.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm

I'd like to win every game this season with the score of 7-0. It would make a couple of statements. First, that we are on the Stairway to Seven and secondly, it would be 7 for Ben. :)
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 2:35 am

We win with a FG last minute of the game. Final score 3-2 Steelers!

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 8:29 am

Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? Yoohoo11

Steelers win big. Real story will be who gets injured.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 10:53 am

Close through the first half. Steelers pull away late: 34-17
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
with all the new faces i predict 10+ penalties. the starters got so few reps in preseason i think they'll look "rusty" and it will be an ugly, close win.
steelers 17
browns 13

Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? 2087824411
penalties...check
looked like they never even practiced....check

i understand the fear for not playing the starters in preseason , but i still believe the starters need more than a couple reps in a preseason game to get back in to the swing of things. how many passes did BEN throw during preseason ? ...5 ?...7?
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 5:06 pm

It was an ugly win. But it is a win nonetheless. Just always room for improvement.

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Not going to be good enough vs the elite QBs of the league....however maybe its a sign of better Secondary Coverage....or maybe the slow reaction time of a Rookie QB.....

but something to watch

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 5:10 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Offense shows rust.
Defense is ?
Cleveland's D is better.
An ugly win.
20-14

Prophetic man. You called it.  Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? 2335737994

What an ugly win. Defense looked fine, offense looked rusty as hell. Brown, Ben, and James showed up. Everyone else needs to get on the same page particularly Bell, Bryant, and Rogers. The Browns Defense does look pretty damned good though, I'll give them that, and the coaching on our end could've been better as well, I feel like the playcalling didn't exactly put them in the best position to make plays.

Vikings aren't looking like pushovers either, definitely have to play a much cleaner game this weekend. Clean up the penalties, get the offense on the same page, and play a complete game. If we are as rusty/sloppy as we were against the Brownies it could be an ugly game, even at Heinz Field. If you ask me though, a home game is exactly what we need right now as a confidence booster for the offense. Plus these fuckers better win since I'm going to be at the Vikings game! Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? 1797695198

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?   Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can We Talk about Week 1 Against The Browns?
Page 1 of 1