Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHide and Go Harrison? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hide and Go Harrison?

Go down 
+7
OX1947
Master_Of_Puppets
effyou515
solardave
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
stlrtruck
11 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Hide and Go Harrison? Empty
PostSubject: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 1:11 pm

What are the plans for Harrison?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2017/11/1/16588692/steelers-news-the-steelers-still-have-a-plan-for-james-harrison-tj-watt-nfl-joey-porter-mike-tomlin

Quote :
“James is never out of the picture,” Joey Porter said Tuesday. “We'll use James when we feel it's time to use James.”

Steelers Nation awaits the answer as to WHEN THAT IS!

Maybe the plan was to survive the first half of the season without his services and then unleash him after the BYE?

Or better yet, keep him healthy until late in the season when the Steelers would need to get after someone, say Tom Brady with greater energy? Either way, I believe it's time to unleash Deebo on the remaining teams on the Steelers schedule.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Hide and Go Harrison? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 4:10 pm

I believe they are letting Watt get as comfortable with the D as he can and utilizing Chickillo as much as they can until December. Watt hasn’t experienced the attrition of a full NFL season yet alone the playoffs. That’s when they will bring in a fresh Deebo and he will have a field day come December and January.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Are you guys suggesting they unleash Harrison in December? They don't have a good track record of unleashing things in December. Hide and Go Harrison? 190127080

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 4:38 am

If we don't see him much before I think we'll see a healthy dose in the N.E. game.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 7:31 am

practice with the youngs one teach the youngs spot play here and their keep him fresh for a rotation in the playoffs.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 8:10 am

effyou515 wrote:
practice with the youngs one teach the youngs spot play here and their keep him fresh for a rotation in the playoffs.

I agree. I sure would like to see him put Marsha's vagina in the dirt though.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 3:52 pm

from what i can gather from porters explanation on harrisons playing time. he wants to utilize harrison against teams looking to run the ball more so than the passing teams.

Quote :
“I mean having him out there covering, that’s not what he’s doing right now, that’s not his strong suit. His strong suit is when we get to this cold weather, if somebody comes here and tries to run the ball, I can put him in there and it’s not going to happen. If it gets cold here at playoff time, I can have him in those tough situations, go rush the quarterback and get a sack because the situation is not going to be too big for him.

personally i'd like to see them bring him in fresh in the 4th quarter and cut him lose on an already tired tackle. Hide and Go Harrison? 2087824411
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 4:55 pm

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I agree. I sure would like to see him put Marsha's vagina in the dirt though.

TJ Watt on one side Harrison on the other and tell them OLB meeting in the Patriots** offensive backfield don't be late. Hide and Go Harrison? 1797695198

might be another reason Butler been resting Harrison he's got some special defenses for that game.

i have notice TJ has been playing some ILB, power Harrison speed TJ, Shazier, Dupree for the Patriots** game. with a healthy Tuitt.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 pm

It's quite obvious the Steelers are keeping Deebo healthy and ready for the stretch run. He will be a closer in big games. I think it is a great strategy.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 am

Going to post it here as it's somewhat related. One pass rusher not mentioned a lot is Bud Dupree. So far he has a rather disappointing season. I'm not a big PFF fan, but last game I saw that he was rated only 100th of 105 players at his position. He always makes a splash play every game but that's about the only time you see him doing something good. For a guy with his athleticism he should do a lot better. He already is in his 3rd season and I don't see a lot of improvement. His pass coverage is still poor, his run defense just as bad and his pass rush is ok but not good enough if you take his weaknesses into account. TJ Watt in his first season has already surpassed him on all levels. I still believe in Dupree as I still see his potential (which is huge imo) but I wonder if he gives enough effort. It's about time he turns it around or he will slowly turn into a bust and Steelers will need to draft another linebacker in a year or 2, maybe 3.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Going to post it here as it's somewhat related. One pass rusher not mentioned a lot is Bud Dupree. So far he has a rather disappointing season. I'm not a big PFF fan, but last game I saw that he was rated only 100th of 105 players at his position. He always makes a splash play every game but that's about the only time you see him doing something good. For a guy with his athleticism he should do a lot better. He already is in his 3rd season and I don't see a lot of improvement. His pass coverage is still poor, his run defense just as bad and his pass rush is ok but not good enough if you take his weaknesses into account. TJ Watt in his first season has already surpassed him on all levels. I still believe in Dupree as I still see his potential (which is huge imo) but I wonder if he gives enough effort. It's about time he turns it around or he will slowly turn into a bust and Steelers will need to draft another linebacker in a year or 2, maybe 3.

I thought the same thing. I live close to U.K. where he was the best player since Dermonti that played there. It seems to me he just disappears in games. He seems to try a bull rush way to often, and he over pursues on run plays.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Stella Nation wrote:

It could also be how they're using him this year. Changing his responsibilities, may change the number of splash plays. If he's covering instead of pass rushing, then you won't hear his name b/c he blanketed the guy and didn't interfere with him downfield.

It's not always about hearing the guys name, some times it's about not hearing the name.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 6:56 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

It could also be how they're using him this year.  Changing his responsibilities, may change the number of splash plays.  If he's covering instead of pass rushing, then you won't hear his name b/c he blanketed the guy and didn't interfere with him downfield.

It's not always about hearing the guys name, some times it's about not hearing the name.

I don't mind his lack of splash plays if he would have improved other areas of his game, but he hasn't. His coverage and his run D are still poor to say the least. Like solardave said he over persues on run plays and misses a lot of tackles that way.

All his numbers went down compared to last year:
2016: 7 games, 4 started, 24 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass broken up
2017: 7 games, 7 started, 19 tackles, 3 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 1 pass broken up
Since he started all games he played in this year, he probably has already had more snaps this year than in 2016.

Here is his PFF rating (they take everything into account: QB pressure, coverage, run defense). He's 102nd at his position (out of 105 players I believe, Chickillo is 104th btw) with a 45.5 rating.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/bud-dupree/9455

Other notable players: Tuitt 15th, Heyward 12th, Hargarve 31st, Shazier 5th all with ratings well above 80. Watt is currently 42nd with a 77.5 rating, Vince Williams 38th with 71.5. He's by far the worst performer of our starting front 7.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 4:07 pm

James Harrison wouldn’t have stayed in Pittsburgh if he knew he’d be a bench warmer

Michael David Smith,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Veteran linebacker James Harrison has barely played for the Steelers this season, getting on the field for just 29 snaps. He’s not happy about that.

Harrison told Michele Tafoya of NBC that if he had known he wasn’t going to play much this season, he would not have signed with the Steelers.

The 39-year-old Harrison signed a two-year contract with the Steelers in March, but he now says he would have signed with another team if he had realized how little he was going to get on the field in Pittsburgh this season.

“Oh, yeah,” Harrison told Tafoya. “Who wants to not play?”

It remains to be seen whether Harrison plays beyond this season. But those comments suggest that if he does keep playing, he may want to try to find a team that will put him on the field more than the Steelers have.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/james-harrison-wouldn-t-stayed-192252835.html
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 11:43 pm

I really wish that we could make it through 1 week without some sort of media drama. I get that he is frustrated, but this season has been like a soap opera.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 3:06 am

Lokki wrote:
I really wish that we could make it through 1 week without some sort of media drama.  I get that he is frustrated, but this season has been like a soap opera.  

I don't recall a season with this much constant drama. It's been one thing after another. Even though we're sitting at 10-2, this has been my mood all season ...

Hide and Go Harrison? A32Zoox

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Lokki wrote:
I really wish that we could make it through 1 week without some sort of media drama.  I get that he is frustrated, but this season has been like a soap opera.  

I don't recall a season with this much constant drama. It's been one thing after another. Even though we're sitting at 10-2, this has been my mood all season ...

Hide and Go Harrison? A32Zoox

Same. I haven't been super excited about being 10-2 or the other records up to this point because of the constant drama and also the nature of those wins. If we were blowing teams out of the water like we should be, I would be a little more excited. Then the whole Shazier injury has brought me down several other notches. I really hate it for him and I hope and pray that he is able to walk again. I highly doubt that he will ever play football again.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 10:43 am

Resurrecting an old thread. On today's WDVE sports report, they covered Brett Kiesel's Shear The Beard event. Basically, Kiesel shaves his massive beard for charity every year. It attracts many current and former Steelers including Ben, Matt Speath, Mel Blunt, Charlie Batch, etc. Also in attendance: James Harrison.

When Harrison was introduced, there was stunned silence at first, followed by massive applause. Harrison got a hero's welcome back to Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 am

jak341 wrote:
Resurrecting an old thread. On today's WDVE sports report, they covered Brett Kiesel's Shear The Beard event. Basically, Kiesel shaves his massive beard for charity every year. It attracts many current and former Steelers including Ben, Matt Speath, Mel Blunt, Charlie Batch, etc. Also in attendance: James Harrison.

When Harrison was introduced, there was stunned silence at first, followed by massive applause. Harrison got a hero's welcome back to Pittsburgh.  

I would have been silent at best. Probably would have booed him.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 am

solardave wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I would have been silent at best. Probably would have booed him.

I probably would've coughed the word "traitor"

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide and Go Harrison?   Hide and Go Harrison? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hide and Go Harrison?
Page 1 of 1