Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCardinals request interview with Munchak Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Cardinals request interview with Munchak

Go down 
+8
SteelerFreak58
effyou515
Hawaii 5-0
LambertWardSteel
solardave
Wallace108
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Shalieve5090
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Cardinals request interview with Munchak Empty
PostSubject: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 pm

Cards trying to poach another Steelers coach, idk if I'd like this, Munchaks done wonders for our line Id like him to replace Haley honestly
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 am

Yeah I hear ya. Can’t AZ get a coach without Steelers connections?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 3:12 am

We don't call them Pittsburgh West for nothing. Cardinals request interview with Munchak 1656822811

Cardinals request interview with Munchak Cardin10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 4:31 am

My question is: Was BA forced to retire? If he was the whining will start in a day or two. I'd hate to lose Munchak. Maybe we should promote him to OC.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 am

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am

Could this possibly mean he already has a more attractive job offer ... Steelers OC? Probably not ... just throwing it out there.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Could this possibly mean he already has a more attractive job offer ... Steelers OC? Probably not ... just throwing it out there.

Yeah, I was wondering the same.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering the same.

Hawaii just posted an article in the Haley thread that points to Fichtner. Supposedly, Munchak didn't want to uproot his family, which makes me wonder why he interviewed the first time. So I guess there's still a chance Munchak could get the job, but it appears everything is pointing to Fichtner. Either way, I went to bed last night thinking Munchak would be gone, so even if he just stays where he's at, that's a win.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Steelers expected to promote QB coach Randy Fichtner to offensive coordinator

January 17, 2018
by Steve DelVecchio

The Pittsburgh Steelers are parting ways with offensive coordinator Todd Haley this offseason, and they are reportedly planning to hire from within to fill the position.

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the Steelers are expected to promote quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner to offensive coordinator.

The move does not come as a surprise, as reports have indicated Fichtner took on a bigger role this year when Roethlisberger needed him to serve as a buffer between the quarterback and Haley.

to read rest of article:

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/steelers-promote-qb-coach-randy-fichtner-offensive-coordinator/422227
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Munchak turns down a 2nd interview with the Cardinals then the Steelers fire Haley. Cardinals request interview with Munchak 2829330259 is he going to get a promotion? Cardinals request interview with Munchak 2087824411
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Munch is staying! Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 7:39 am

Maybe Munch, realized he was walking in to a team with little promise going in to the 2018-2019 season. Or maybe he realized the Steelers have the greater potential moving forward.

Who knows? Don't care. He's staying and that's good for our offensive line and hopefully the offensive output next season.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Cardinals request interview with Munchak 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Maybe Munch, realized he was walking in to a  team with little promise going in to the 2018-2019 season.  Or maybe he realized the Steelers have the greater potential moving forward.

Who knows?  Don't care.  He's staying and that's good for our offensive line and hopefully the offensive output next season.

Yeah, maybe he had that interview and decided being a HC wasn't worth the headache. But I totally agree, I'm glad he's staying.
Back to top Go down
ArmchairGM
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 1:01 am

Coaches usually take the 1st interview. Because when you don't? And you get the rep for turning down initial interviews? Teams stop calling.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 am

I'm just glad he is staying. He's done a great job on the Oline. Look what he's done with AV. I'm sure Ben and Bell thank him.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 5:45 am

I'm glad Munchak is staying. Really hope the O-Line works on their run blocking this off-season, and going into training camp. I thought our ground game was inconsistent, due in part to run-blocking that wasn't quite as good as it was in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 pm

I think Munchak and Fitchner are going to work well together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardinals request interview with Munchak   Cardinals request interview with Munchak Empty

Back to top Go down

Cardinals request interview with Munchak
Page 1 of 1