Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeall the talent on this offense... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

all the talent on this offense...

Go down 
+4
rellimie
Steeler-in-west
SteelerFreak58
effyou515
8 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

all the talent on this offense... Empty
PostSubject: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 4:58 pm

and it still sputters through games at times looks great other times it disappears it is imo all on Haley he has to go he can not call a complete game and his offense is uncreative and just sucks.

Tomlin's onside kick call made me blow chunks. how can this team 2nd best in the AFC come out so flat Tomlin and his coaching staff should of had their player come out and handle business from the first play of the game.

spotted the Jags 21 points before the Steelers woke up,,, again Tomlin's coaching staff got out coached and the Jags showed just how soft the Steelers are.

Steelers front office needs to make some coaching changes this off season or the out come will always be the same. the defense still lets average QBs look like all pros and the offense can't play a complete game.

I give the defense a little break because it was impossible to replace Shazier this season.

I'm off my soap box now.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 pm

At some point the D has to step up... and it never did. The O climbed out of the hole multiple times only to have the D let it get away. Butler and Haley definitely need to go Tomlin I am still on the fence about...

The O scored 42points that should be enough to win a ball game... the Defense never showed up and was non existent the second half.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Most people know we’ve had suspect coaching. Haley, Butler, and Tomlin have made questionable decisions, been unprepared (barely squeaking by the Colts and Packers without Rogers) we only got by on talent. Kind of new in the back of my mind that the team needed to be prepared, that they may be too preoccupied with New England, Bells comments, etc....a lot of this falls on Tomlin.

You can throw the strange Harrison issue in there; we could’ve used him today, specially with Shazier out.
Back to top Go down
rellimie
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:28 pm

I don't get how Harrison has anything to do with Shazier......they don't play the same position.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 pm

lets forget about tomlin for a minute and take a looksy at his staff. no need to mention "lets pitch the ball backwards 6 yds on fourth and 1", haley. all the talent on this offense... 1505004552  he was an upgrade over aryans , but his play calling at times is mind boggling.
butler ? the defense as a whole isn't any better than when lebeau left. missed tackles and bad angles week after week.
porter, i've seen zero to very little improvement in the linebackers. missed tackles, bad angles. when the linebackers in a 3-4 can't tackle or shed blocks, the run D is gonna suck. they were dealt a shitty hand with ryan , but lets be realistic, they weren't much better when he was in there. vince williams is a back up. and i'm not very hopeful that dupree is going to turn into von miller.
carnell lake? has the secondary ever looked good since he became DB coach ? mike mitchell has got to be among the worst free safty's in the league. no qb is afraid to throw deep against his coverage. he's an unreliable tackler and again takes shitty angles in pursuit. i'll give davis the benefit of the doubt , but i don't exactly see him turning into an all pro.
john mitchell.i think he's done the best he can with what he has to work with. i strongly believe that until we find another casey hampton type of player to plug the middle , this Dline will never be dominate against the run like when fat snack was here. i like hargrave, but i think he's a situational player. there's 3 or 4 nose tackles in this draft , but will the steelers use a first on one ?
mike munchak.the ONLY steelers coach i feel that improves the play of the guys he coaches. maybe that's why teams want to interview him ? look at the difference in villinuaeva. the guy went from a walk on to the probowl in no time.

my list of must have player replacements for next season
1 two inside linebackers.
2 a real fat ass double team nose tackle (christian wilkins clemson, Vita Vea washington, da'ron pain alabama )
3 free safety
4 slot WR

positions i'd like to see upgraded , but can wait to see how the current player progresses
1 TE
2 SS
3 CB
4 OLB
5 QB
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
lets forget about tomlin for a minute and take a looksy at his staff. no need to mention "lets pitch the ball backwards 6 yds on fourth and 1", haley. all the talent on this offense... 1505004552  he was an upgrade over aryans , but his play calling at times is mind boggling.
butler ? the defense as a whole isn't any better than when lebeau left. missed tackles and bad angles week after week.
porter, i've seen zero to very little improvement in the linebackers. missed tackles, bad angles. when the linebackers in a 3-4 can't tackle or shed blocks, the run D is gonna suck. they were dealt a shitty hand with ryan , but lets be realistic, they weren't much better when he was in there. vince williams is a back up. and i'm not very hopeful that dupree is going to turn into von miller.
carnell lake? has the secondary ever looked good since he became DB coach ? mike mitchell has got to be among the worst free safty's in the league. no qb is afraid to throw deep against his coverage. he's an unreliable tackler and again takes shitty angles in pursuit. i'll give davis the benefit of the doubt , but i don't exactly see him turning into an all pro.
john mitchell.i think he's done the best he can with what he has to work with. i strongly believe that until we find another casey hampton type of player to plug the middle , this Dline will never be dominate against the run like when fat snack was here. i like hargrave, but i think he's a situational player. there's 3 or 4 nose tackles in this draft , but will the steelers use a first on one ?
mike munchak.the ONLY steelers coach i feel that improves the play of the guys he coaches. maybe that's why teams want to interview him ? look at the difference in villinuaeva. the guy went from a walk on to the probowl in no time.

2 a real fat ass double team nose tackle (christian wilkins clemson, Vita Vea washington, da'ron pain alabama )
3 free safety
4 slot WR

positions i'd like to see upgraded , but can wait to see how the current player progresses
1 TE
2 SS
3 CB
4 OLB
5 QB

Solid post. Only thing I'll add is I'd include Richard Mann with Munchak.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 pm

rellimie wrote:
I don't get how Harrison has anything to do with Shazier......they don't play the same position.

He could’ve helped contain Bortles and he’s good at tackling that’s how.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

3 free safety
4 slot WR

1 TE
2 SS
3 CB
4 OLB
5 QB

Solid post. Only thing I'll add is I'd include Richard Mann with Munchak.

Steelers' WR coach Richard Mann to retire after 2017 season
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Steelers-WR-coach-Richard-Mann-to-retire-after-2017-season-53168461
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Steelers' WR coach Richard Mann to retire after 2017 season
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Steelers-WR-coach-Richard-Mann-to-retire-after-2017-season-53168461

I wasn't aware of that. But it figures. Crappy end to a crappy day.

all the talent on this offense... 3099145561

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 am

The title of this thread says it all...the team was losing 35-21 with 10 minutes, the offense scored 3 TDs from that point, they were at home, you have an opposing QB who threw for less yards than he ran last week, the D still gives up 10 more points and loses the game.

The coaches seem clueless to adapt. The head coach is talking about facing the cheats 2x and winning the SB in November...he must have forgot to unleash Hell. The only good thing about all this is if the Jags did this to them I'd hate to think how ugly things would have been next week in NE

solardave

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

3 free safety
4 slot WR

1 TE
2 SS
3 CB
4 OLB
5 QB

Solid assessment. I do think Davis can improve and possibly be all pro material if he gets better coaching.The other thing is Shazier did over pursue but he was always good for 1 or 2 plays that could turn a game around. Having said that I've always argued that any team who misses any 1 player that much is not a complete team so Ryan being out should be a non factor.

I know you want to leave Tomlin out of it but there is an obvious discipline issue with this team. Both on and off of the field and that is on him.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

3 free safety
4 slot WR

1 TE
2 SS
3 CB
4 OLB
5 QB

OLB coach Joey Porter imo bad hire Bud Dupree not much improvement
DB coach Carnell Lake not much improvement with Burns and Davis from year 1 to year 2
DC Butler same defensive system as Dick LeBeau

all are hires to keep Dick LeBeau's defensive system in place which is great if you get the QB sack / pressure if not it has big hole in the secondary. Tom Brady and the Patriots* offense made this defense some what a relic. the only team to beat a Super Bowl Patriots* team was a Tom Coughlin Giants defense they did it 2 times. a defense that pressures a QB with 4 or 5 defensive rushers and leaves less holes in the defensive secondary. Look at the defense V.P. of Football Operations of the Jags Tom Coughlin Has put together same blueprint as his Giants defense. a lot like the 70s Steelers defenses 4 down linemen who can most times pressure the QB 3 smaller and faster LBs and a good secondary.

I know you young Steelers fans only know and like the 3-4 Steelers defense but I like a defense that can pressure a QB with just 4 sometimes 5 defenders.

if you ask me Bud Dupree is a hand in the dirt DE and JJ Watt a MLB in a 4-3 defense Daniel McCullers would be a better 4-3 DT than a 3-4 DT Hargrove and McCullers as DTs in a 4-3 defense.. the 3-4 defense the Steelers run now all the back up LBs are to slow and the DTs are to light.

imo the Steelers already have the d-linemen to play a 4-3 defense but they need a Jack Ham and a Andy Russell type of OLBs and back ups to make it work.

what ever defense they run they need a true Free Safety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all the talent on this offense...   all the talent on this offense... Empty

Back to top Go down

all the talent on this offense...
Page 1 of 1