Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTo return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell

Go down 
+3
jak341
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell Empty
PostSubject: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 pm

here's a different perspective of the bell situation.
as much as i would like to keep bell , i think if they cave into his demands it will hurt the team in the long run. i mean the guy was already making 50% more than next highest paid RB. paying him more puts the steelers in Oakland/Al Davis company who loved blowing up position wage scales.
Quote :

It is possible that if Le'Veon Bell were the sort of running back who could change a game with a single run or define a team’s attack with his persistent battering, he might be worth the impertinent tweets and the pay-me-now ethic and the multiple suspensions and the too-frequent injuries and the consistent tardiness and even the $14.6 million he is likely to cost in 2018 under the NFL's franchise tag.

Bell is not that player, though.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/return-super-bowl-steelers-run-234457366.html

READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE AND NOTE THE STATS BEFORE COMMENTING

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 3:08 pm

He wants way too much money. A deal for him will crush future finances for years to come considering the kind of money he expects to be paid. Not to mention his off the field issues and maturity.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Can't disagree with that article at all.

I appreciate Bell and do think he is a top RB, but there are just too many other holes to fill. Philly just won it all with Ajiai and Blunt, neither which would register as a top 10 back.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 3:53 am

yup, Steelers need more then a high paid RB to make back to the Superbowl.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 am

If we play it right we can get 2-#1s for him. More than he is worth IMO considering his distractions.

We could use one of them to pick any one of these guys except Barkley. I strongly believe he'll be gone early if not #1. The only thing worse than not getting Barkley would be him going to the Browns and us having to stop him.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php

Michel averaged 7.9 YPC last year and scored 16 TDs. We could use one of those picks on a guy like him.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 9:46 am

solardave wrote:
If we play it right we can get 2-#1s for him. More than he is worth IMO considering his distractions.

We could use one of them to pick any one of these guys except Barkley. I strongly believe he'll be gone early if not #1. The only thing worse than not getting Barkley would be him going to the Browns and us having to stop him.

Michel averaged 7.9 YPC last year and scored 16 TDs. We could use one of those picks on a guy like him.

a lot of talented RBs in this year draft remember when the Steelers drafted Bell who?

Barkley is a faster and more talented RB then Bell, Bell looks good because of Ben, AB, and the o-line. lets say take away Ben but keep the o-line how good would Bell really be? Take away Ben and AB ability to stretch opposing defenses but keep the o-line how good would Bell be?

would be great to have the Gruden's Raiders take Bell and give the Steelers extra 1st round picks the next 2 years. heck work with the Raiders negotiate equal value of 2nd and 3rd round picks to the 2 first round picks.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:44 am

effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:

a lot of talented RBs in this year draft remember when the Steelers drafted Bell who?

Barkley is a faster and more talented RB then Bell, Bell looks good because of Ben, AB, and the o-line. lets say take away Ben but keep the o-line how good would Bell really be? Take away Ben and AB ability to stretch opposing defenses but keep the o-line how good would Bell be?

would be great to have the Gruden's Raiders take Bell and give the Steelers extra 1st round picks the next 2 years. heck work with the Raiders negotiate equal value of 2nd and 3rd round picks to the 2 first round picks.

I may be wrong here but I think they're bound by CBA to give up the 2-#1s. I'm not sure if something else could be negotiated. We don't have a #3 this year.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 am

Everyone in the NFL seems to want Barkley, and think he is the next big thing, but so have doubts about how successful he will be at the NFL level.

I watched PSU football last year. Barkley ran up the numbers against weak opponents. Against tougher defenses, he disappeared. As far as I know, he has not taken a snap lined up behind the quarterback, as PSU was a strict shotgun team. Even on 4th and inches, PSU ran shotgun.

He is also undersized. Weight wise, he was 240, but short. He is going to take a lot of punishment from OLBs.

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:

I may be wrong here but I think they're bound by CBA to give up the 2-#1s. I'm not sure if something else could be negotiated. We don't have a #3 this year.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 am

I like Barkley more because of his character and I think he'll be fine at this level. He just won't be there for us. The guy I think might be there is Derrius Guice and I think he could be the best of the bunch.

jak341 wrote:
Everyone in the NFL seems to want Barkley, and think he is the next big thing, but so have doubts about how successful he will be at the NFL level.

I watched PSU football last year. Barkley ran up the numbers against weak opponents. Against tougher defenses, he disappeared. As far as I know, he has not taken a snap lined up behind the quarterback, as PSU was a strict shotgun team. Even on 4th and inches, PSU ran shotgun.

He is also undersized. Weight wise, he was 240, but short. He is going to take a lot of punishment from OLBs.

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 9:35 pm

solardave wrote:
I like Barkley more because of his character and I think he'll be fine at this level. He just won't be there for us. The guy I think might be there is Derrius Guice and I think he could be the best of the bunch.

maybe in the first rd. do you really think it would be wise to spend a first on a RB , when they don't even have a starting ILB on the roster ? To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell 1505004552  and lets not forget they only have 5 picks this year. if they don't sign bell they should go back to rb by committee with conner/ridley/free agent (maybe kick the tires on doug martin or carlos hyde ) and look for a feature back in next years draft if none on the roster fit the role.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 4:52 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

maybe in the first rd. do you really think it would be wise to spend a first on a RB , when they don't even have a starting ILB on the roster ? To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell 1505004552  and lets not forget they only have 5 picks this year. if they don't sign bell they should go back to rb by committee with conner/ridley/free agent (maybe kick the tires on doug martin or carlos hyde ) and look for a feature back in next years draft if none on the roster fit the role.

If they don't sign Bell and we get the fist of 2-#1s this year it opens up a lot of possibilities. I'm good with RB by committee like you said. If the team signing him has a better place in round 1 we could get Roquan Smith and since Rashaan Eveans is projected in late first to second round it's possible he could fall to us at 28. As far as kicking tires I'd rather see Hyde than Martin. Martin seemed to me to be hurt a lot. Not very durable.
I honestly don't think they would go RB in round 1 because of our other needs but you never know when it comes to "best player available". Hell, they'll probably sign Bell and this debate will be all for nothing. To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 1:20 pm

i like Carlos Hyde
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:

They have 7 picks: 1.28, 2.28, 3.28, 5.11 (from SF, Vance McDonald + SF 5th for our 4th), 5.28, 7.2 (from NYG for Ross Cockrell) and 7.28. I also expect a compensatory pick for Lawrence Timmons.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 5:01 pm

About Bell, for me it's 50-50. I constantly change my opinion. Yes, he wants too much money and I hate his attitude at times. On the other hand, we are in win mode now and he's still the best all-around RB for me. I know he doesn't have long runs, but he constantly moves the chains so that we control time of possession in nearly every game. He has the best natural hands of any RB (no other RB will make that TD catch agains the Jags in the division game) and he's be far the best pass blocker of all the RB's. He saved Ben's ass more than once on blitzes.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 6:40 pm

It is fifty fifty for me too Stella Nation. And really think that while a great player. Coming through for the team.He is a lousy teammate and not a team player from what I hear.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 6:10 am

Stella Nation wrote:
About Bell, for me it's 50-50. I constantly change my opinion. Yes, he wants too much money and I hate his attitude at times. On the other hand, we are in win mode now and he's still the best all-around RB for me. I know he doesn't have long runs, but he constantly moves the chains so that we control time of possession in nearly every game. He has the best natural hands of any RB (no other RB will make that TD catch agains the Jags in the division game) and he's be far the best pass blocker of all the RB's. He saved Ben's ass more than once on blitzes.

I'm sure if I went back and read my posts about him I'd think I was bi-polar. We all seem to go back and forth. Although he doesn't exactly tear the locker room apart he does cause drama so at what point does his value outweigh his baggage. You said we have 7 picks but what I've been seeing is we have none in RD 4 or RD 6:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/The-Pittsburgh-Steelers-2018-NFL-Draft-picks-revealed-115044902

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-pittsburgh-steelers-team-needs-draft-picks-prospects-to-watch/

This one goes into detail a little more:

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Steelers.htm
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 11:47 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I'm sure if I went back and read my posts about him I'd think I was bi-polar. We all seem to go back and forth. Although he doesn't exactly tear the locker room apart he does cause drama so at what point does his value outweigh his baggage. You said we have 7 picks but what I've been seeing is we have none in RD 4 or RD 6:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/The-Pittsburgh-Steelers-2018-NFL-Draft-picks-revealed-115044902

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-pittsburgh-steelers-team-needs-draft-picks-prospects-to-watch/

You're right about the 4th and 6th round picks, but we have 2 5th and 7th round picks. An extra 5th round pick from the 49ers in the Vance McDonald trade. They got our 4th, but we got their 5th. We also have the 7th round pick from the Giants from the trade where they got Ross Cockrell.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 5:10 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

You're right about the 4th and 6th round picks, but we have 2 5th and 7th round picks. An extra 5th round pick from the 49ers in the Vance McDonald trade. They got our 4th, but we got their 5th. We also have the 7th round pick from the Giants from the trade where they got Ross Cockrell.

OK but how many 5th or 7th round picks actually make the team? It's those 4th and 6th that really pan out. To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell 3798349058 Serious we have to make picks 1-3 work for us and hope we find a gem later in the draft.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 5:57 am

solardave wrote:
OK but how many 5th or 7th round picks actually make the team? It's those 4th and 6th that really pan out. To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell 3798349058 Serious we have to make picks 1-3 work for us and hope we find a gem later in the draft.

Picks 1-3 will be crucial indeed. In rounds 4 and 5 you can hope for a stud ST or quality back-up. For 6th and 7th round picks you can only hope they make the roster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell   To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell Empty

Back to top Go down

To return to Super Bowl, Steelers should run from Le'Veon Bell
Page 1 of 1