Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDamoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week

Go down 
+7
SteelerFreak58
IowaSteeler927
Stella Nation
effyou515
Wallace108
LambertWardSteel
Hawaii 5-0
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week Empty
PostSubject: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Patterson is Digest Player of the Week

Bob Labriola
STEELERS.COM

PHILADELPHIA – In the Steelers’ 31-14 preseason-opening win over the Eagles here tonight, a bunch of guys made plays that contributed to the victory. But Damoun Patterson was someone who made more than one.

Patterson led the team in receiving with six catches for 77 yards, and included among those was an Antonio Brown-like grab in the end zone for a 29-yard touchdown that gave the Steelers a 22-14 lead at halftime. Patterson also caught two passes for 29 yards in a possession that ended with one of Chris Boswell’s three field goals on the night.

Also considered were:

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelers.com/news/patterson-is-digest-player-of-the-week
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 pm

He looked good. That TD catch was awesome.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 12:54 am

As a YSU grad, I was quite proud of his performance.

Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.k1KmFhBPW9mrMCm_C5ggxQHaHX%26pid%3D15

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 1:12 am

Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week DkM9f1YWsAEErzy?format=jpg

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 am

Watching the Gerry Dulac and Ed Bouchette video at Pitts Post Gazette. Dulac was talking about Patterson and said it's still early but he believes there may be a spot on the roster for him.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 8:38 am

ABs replacement down the road. Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week 1689750825
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Watching the Gerry Dulac and Ed Bouchette video at Pitts Post Gazette. Dulac was talking about Patterson and said it's still early but he believes there may be a spot on the roster for him.

His skill set is similiar to Heyward-Bey's, but he's younger and cheaper, so last night's performance certainly helped the argument of keeping him over DHB. He's going to get more opportunities, so let's see what he does with them.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am

He should make the 53 as he's WR#4 imo and can play ST. If we cut him, there's a good chance some other team will pick him up.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 am

Wallace108 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

His skill set is similiar to Heyward-Bey's, but he's younger and cheaper, so last night's performance certainly helped the argument of keeping him over DHB. He's going to get more opportunities, so let's see what he does with them.

He's also better than Hunter imo. That guy is always good in camp, but is always invisible during the season. He hasn't done anything in his 6 seasons in the NFL. Patterson also needs to prove everything, but from someone who is getting his first chance I at least believe that he can grab his chance. I don't have the same believe in Hunter anymore.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Is Damoun Patterson the Steelers' next Antonio Brown – or the next Terrell Watson?

CHRIS ADAMSKI | Friday, Aug. 10, 2018,

If there is any at all, the fun of the preseason is defined by an unheralded new face doing something unexpected.

The star players, typically, don’t play. And everyone knows to have their eyes on the first-round pick – or, in some cases (like the Steelers this year) the highly-regarded rookie quarterback .

But when an undrafted or lower-round draft pick makes you notice him? Therein lies the value of the preseason from a fan’s perspective.

So after the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 31-14 preseason-opening victory against the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday , much of the chatter surrounded a pair of undrafted rookies from smaller Ohio college programs: Youngstown State receiver Damoun Patterson and Toledo linebacker Olasunkanmi “Ola” Adeniyi.

The latter had a strip sack, the former game-highs with six catches for 77 yards and a touchdown (followed by an impressive back flip, to boot).

Patterson has the size (6-2, 190), the speed (sub-4.5 seconds in the 40) and the attitude (“I love special teams,” he said) that if he impresses in the preseason, he very well could make the Steelers’ roster.

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13959863-74/is-damoun-patterson-the-steelers-next-antonio-brown-or-the-next
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Kid looks explosive. Has speed, and a knack for getting open. If he continues to have these kinds of performances I'd say Heyward Bey or Justin Hunter should be shown the door.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 1:19 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Is Damoun Patterson the Steelers' next Antonio Brown – or the next Terrell Watson?

CHRIS ADAMSKI  | Friday, Aug. 10, 2018,

If there is any at all, the fun of the preseason is defined by an unheralded new face doing something unexpected.

The star players, typically, don’t play. And everyone knows to have their eyes on the first-round pick – or, in some cases (like the Steelers this year) the highly-regarded rookie quarterback .

But when an undrafted or lower-round draft pick makes you notice him? Therein lies the value of the preseason from a fan’s perspective.

So after the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 31-14 preseason-opening victory against the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday , much of the chatter surrounded a pair of undrafted rookies from smaller Ohio college programs: Youngstown State receiver Damoun Patterson and Toledo linebacker Olasunkanmi “Ola” Adeniyi.

The latter had a strip sack, the former game-highs with six catches for 77 yards and a touchdown (followed by an impressive back flip, to boot).

Patterson has the size (6-2, 190), the speed (sub-4.5 seconds in the 40) and the attitude (“I love special teams,” he said) that if he impresses in the preseason, he very well could make the Steelers’ roster.

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13959863-74/is-damoun-patterson-the-steelers-next-antonio-brown-or-the-next

Good article. I love Rudy type stories....it would be awesome if they both end up being good players and help this year. The catch and back flip were awesome...I went back and rewatched a few times. And yeah, he very well may be a better option than Hunter or possibly DHB

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 9:35 am

Patterson's back flip showed me who strong his legs are to me is important for a WR.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 am

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

He's looking good. I really hope and think he'll make the team. I couldn't figure why James Conner was covering him though, but checked and they have a CB wearing 30 too. Speaking of uniform numbers, Patterson's 83 makes me think of Theo Bell and Louis Lipps.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:10 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Good footwork. Got the corner all turned around. Definitely not saying he's AB, but his footwork looks great. I sincerely hope this kid makes the roster. I'm reading far more about him making plays in camp than I am about Heyward Bey, or Justin Hunter who have been underwhelming even by their standards.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 10:05 am

Good article ...

Damoun Patterson: Man on a mission

LATROBE - It came begrudgingly but Mike Tomlin did admit that wide receiver Damoun Patterson "made some plays" in the Steelers' preseason opener.

Just don't tell Tomlin that Patterson has had a good camp.

"YOU said good camp," Tomlin repeated in correcting his post-game questioner.

It inferred that Tomlin did not say that, would not say that, WILL not say that.

After all, Patterson is a rookie.

But if there's one rookie who won't get a big head, it's Patterson. He's gone through way too much to ever worry about coachly semantics. Just consider his odyssey:

Read more: https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Damoun-Patterson-Man-on-a-mission-120660764/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Good article ...

LATROBE - It came begrudgingly but Mike Tomlin did admit that wide receiver Damoun Patterson "made some plays" in the Steelers' preseason opener.

It inferred that Tomlin did not say that, would not say that, WILL not say that.

But if there's one rookie who won't get a big head, it's Patterson. He's gone through way too much to ever worry about coachly semantics. Just consider his odyssey:

Read more: https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Damoun-Patterson-Man-on-a-mission-120660764/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Thanks for posting...he really is a Rudy type story. I don't get Tomlin's reluctance to give him some due. I am really pulling for him to make the team.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Good article ...

Thanks for posting...he really is a Rudy type story. I don't get Tomlin's reluctance to give him some due. I am really pulling for him to make the team.

I think Coach T's mentality is that you don't want to give a rookie too much credit for one decent performance in the first preseason game of the season. It's too small of a sample size at this point. I think if he is consistent throughout the rest of camp and the preseason then he'll be getting credit where credit is due.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:39 am

Slow down folks it was one PRESEASON game.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 12:55 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

True, but I think it goes beyond that. He's been getting a lot of hype throughout camp. His performance last week backed up all the hype. With that said, I agree that some fans are getting ahead of themselves ... even questioning if he's the next AB. That's a bit silly. I'm just hoping he does enough to make the team, which I think he will. Plus, he's got s great story, which makes it easy to root for him.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

True, but I think it goes beyond that. He's been getting a lot of hype throughout camp. His performance last week backed up all the hype. With that said, I agree that some fans are getting ahead of themselves ... even questioning if he's the next AB. That's a bit silly. I'm just hoping he does enough to make the team, which I think he will. Plus, he's got s great story, which makes it easy to root for him.

Saying he is the next AB is too much. I love Rudy-Invincible stories and would love to see a guy like this make the team. I felt that way about Stefan Logan a few years ago too and he was very Rudy-like because he was 5'6''. I don't think anyone should expect Patterson to be a starter. AB, Pro-Bowler, but he might be a good 5th or 6th WR

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Saying he is the next AB is too much. I love Rudy-Invincible stories and would love to see a guy like this make the team. I felt that way about Stefan Logan a few years ago too and he was very Rudy-like because he was 5'6''. I don't think anyone should expect Patterson to be a starter. AB, Pro-Bowler, but he might be a good 5th or 6th WR

Yep. As I've said, my expectation for him is to be the next DHB (good special teams player and some offensive contributions), not the next AB.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 1:25 am

Lot less of Damoun tonight and a lot more of why we drafted James Washington. Still hope to see Damoun make this roster as the kid seems like a legitimate playmaker, but it's going to be an uphill climb for him. He may make the practice squad, but I think another team would snatch him up pretty quickly from there.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 3:29 am

I always want to temper enthusiasm when looking at players in preseason but it looks like Washington could be the next WR success story. I think Patterson makes it. It's early, though, so a lot can happen.

PostSubject: Re: Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week   Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week Empty

Back to top Go down

Damoun Patterson is Steelers Digest Player of the Week
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next