Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure Empty
PostSubject: The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure   The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Mike Tomlin and the Steelers had a bad habit of getting ahead of their own Super Bowl aspirations last year. Is it going to be different in Pittsburgh this year?

By Thomas George Aug 9, 2018

LATROBE, Pennsylvania — It is fitting that the Pittsburgh Steelers begin pursuit of a seventh Super Bowl title on Thursday night in a preseason fracas at the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles wear the latest Super Bowl rings. The Steelers expect to flash the classic rings each year. Without them, Pittsburgh, by its own towering definition, has slogged through nine straight seasons of failure.

Forget the 13-3 regular season from a year ago.

Don’t dwell on the four straight playoff appearances and 124 total career victories by head coach Mike Tomlin as he enters his 12th Steelers season. Even the Tomlin 2009 Super Bowl victory in his second season as Steelers coach seemed an afterthought here at training camp last week.

“It’s really not that complex,” Tomlin said before practice at Saint Vincent College under the searing sun. “It’s win the world championship. It’s a lot we not only accept but embrace. Anything else is failure.”

to read rest of article:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/8/9/17670674/pittsburgh-steelers-super-bowl-predictions-training-camp-ben-roethlisberger-leveon-bell
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure   The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 5:25 am

All I can say is this: Show it on the field. The D needs to tackle at an NFL level. That means quit going for the highlight reel and WRAP him up. I don't care if you make the highlight reel as long as it's a clean hit with authority. I already think we'll cover the pass better. I want to see what Dupree does on the other side.

At this stage I'm not worried about how we do on offense. I think we are in good shape at WR,RB.
As much as I like watching Vance McDonald play he hasn't done enough of it. J.J. (the sloth) is capable but not a starting TE IMO. We could use a more experienced RT as a backup.

Injuries aside I think several guys that don't make the 53 will end up starting for other teams. There's no denying we have some offensive talent. Enough to as BB put it "not fail".
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure   The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 7:04 am

I hope so, we got a 36 year old franchise QB. Windows not big.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure   The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 1:18 am

Biggest thing is the defense right now. Those guys have got to step it up and play at the level that the offense does. We can't miss tackles like last season, we can't have the miscues and miscommunication... The defense is the reason we were one and done in the playoffs. You can't give up 40+ points and expect to win playoff games. You can't let teams run the ball down your throat. I'm hoping these guys can stay healthy this season, and I'm hoping that the tackling is better across the board. I think our secondary got better with the addition of guys like Morgan Burnett, and drafting a guy like Terrell Edmunds. I think our LBs are going to be OK as well. Bostic is an upgrade over Sean Spence without a doubt, hell I think Matekavich is an upgrade over Spence, it's just a matter of him staying healthy.

There's no reason with the moves we've made this offseason and through the draft that we shouldn't be a better team defensively, and we have the potential to be even better on offense. No excuses this year. This team has one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, it's put up or shut up. Stop making stupid claims to the media, stop talking shit with other teams who turn around and kick your ass, put on a hard hat, go to work, and make the championship your singular goal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure   The Steelers are tired of being the NFL’s most successful failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1