Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homefire the coach - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

fire the coach

Go down 
+12
stlrtruck
schillah
Lokki
IowaSteeler927
Stella Nation
OX1947
solardave
LambertWardSteel
Wallace108
Steeler-in-west
Great Randino
effyou515
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

fire the coach - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Mach1 wrote:
He must of took away the foosball table.

I'm guessing the ping pong table and ice cream machine too

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION fire the coach - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 1:34 am

I think calling for a firing is probably premature at this point. Now if the team completely nosedives and we end up with a losing season then I think some real heat needs to be put on Tomlin. Right now things are disappointing. We had an ugly outing in bad weather against the Brownies, and lost to a Chiefs team that looks to be pretty damned good offensively. We had a historically bad outing from a defensive perspective.

Trying to be optimistic, I don't think our defense could get any worse than last Sunday. They've got to turn things around, and they are capable of that. Plenty of teams have come back from these kinds of deficits to start the season. There's still 14 more games to be played. That's a lot of football, and a lot of things can happen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 am

Keith Butler should get one or two more games to fix the defensive woes if he can’t he needs to go. Porter needed to go last year. The defense has become way to predictable teams are going to exploit what has been exposed.

Bud Dupree is a bust.
Artie Burns was not a first round draft pick and it’s showing. Another bust.

Tomlins drafting over the last 10 years on 1s and 2s has been mediocre at best and that is what is hurting this team the most. We don’t do much from FA everything is built around  doing well in the drafts and that has not really panned out under his time. This team is a product of that failure.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am

I know this may not be a popular stance, but...

I'm completely behind Tomlin. I think he's one of the best coaches in football. He has consistently kept the Steelers near the top of the AFC, competing for a title.

Supporting Tomlin does not mean I am not disappointed with the drama that has gone on. I really hope he fixes it. Would love to see a twitter ban, for instance.

So many call for Tomlin to be fired. What then though? Fire him, and next year's coach goes 4-12. Then what? Fire that one? A lot of teams have gone down that rabbit hole. Its not that easy finding a great head coach. Its certainly not that easy having a winning record every year for 12 years. Name 3 who have done it in this era.

I am frustrated as well - and I hope our coach rights the ship. But I'm behind him and support him.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 12:09 pm

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/chuck_noll

Thought these were interesting.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 3:14 pm

solardave wrote:

The Emperor Chaz spoke with great wisdom. fire the coach - Page 3 2551600555
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 5:38 pm

effyou515 wrote:
solardave wrote:

The Emperor Chaz spoke with great wisdom. fire the coach - Page 3 2551600555

When the Steelers went to the playoffs for the first time the press asked Noll what he thought about it and his response was : "it's our next game" fire the coach - Page 3 1647293567
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 pm

I agree with firing the coach...not the head coach though.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 am

nine vegetable wrote:

I'm completely behind Tomlin.  I think he's one of the best coaches in football.  He has consistently kept the Steelers near the top of the AFC, competing for a title.

Supporting Tomlin does not mean I am not disappointed with the drama that has gone on.  I really hope he fixes it.  Would love to see a twitter ban, for instance.

So many call for Tomlin to be fired.  What then though?  Fire him, and next year's coach goes 4-12.  Then what?  Fire that one?  A lot of teams have gone down that rabbit hole.  Its not that easy finding a great head coach.  Its certainly not that easy having a winning record every year for 12 years.  Name 3 who have done it in this era.

I am frustrated as well - and I hope our coach rights the ship.  But I'm behind him and support him.

This is one of the most reasonable takes I've seen. I agree with every point.

Here's something we all need to consider, and I've said this before ... Art II isn't the same person as Dan. Their backgrounds in relation to the team are different, so their thought process is different. Dan gave us Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin, who combined for 8 Super Bowl appearances. We have no clue what kind of coach Art would hire. One bad decision, coupled with a soon to retire Ben, and suddenly we're the Browns. For everyone wanting Tomlin fired, they better be careful what they wish for.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 am

Wallace108 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

I'm completely behind Tomlin.  I think he's one of the best coaches in football.  He has consistently kept the Steelers near the top of the AFC, competing for a title.

Supporting Tomlin does not mean I am not disappointed with the drama that has gone on.  I really hope he fixes it.  Would love to see a twitter ban, for instance.

So many call for Tomlin to be fired.  What then though?  Fire him, and next year's coach goes 4-12.  Then what?  Fire that one?  A lot of teams have gone down that rabbit hole.  Its not that easy finding a great head coach.  Its certainly not that easy having a winning record every year for 12 years.  Name 3 who have done it in this era.

I am frustrated as well - and I hope our coach rights the ship.  But I'm behind him and support him.

This is one of the most reasonable takes I've seen. I agree with every point.

Here's something we all need to consider, and I've said this before ... Art II isn't the same person as Dan. Their backgrounds in relation to the team are different, so their thought process is different. Dan gave us Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin, who combined for 8 Super Bowl appearances. We have no clue what kind of coach Art would hire. One bad decision, coupled with a soon to retire Ben, and suddenly we're the Browns. For everyone wanting Tomlin fired, they better be careful what they wish for.

Very true. The grass isn't always greener.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Thank you, Wallace and IowaSteeler, I appreciate it.

In my opinion there are a lot more bad coaches out there than good ones. And Tomlin's a good one.

Another point, and I heard it a few years ago..."in the NFL, you're not appreciably better, or more talented, than anyone else." Because of salary caps, free agency and a draft that favors inferior teams, there is built-in balance. Watch any two teams just about every Sunday and you'll see examples of it. With that in mind, it puts in perspective, a record of winning seasons every year for 12 years. That is HARD to do. Many sit on their couch and think its a lot easier than it is.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Thank you, Wallace and IowaSteeler, I appreciate it.

In my opinion there are a lot more bad coaches out there than good ones.  And Tomlin's a good one.

Another point, and I heard it a few years ago..."in the NFL, you're not appreciably better, or more talented, than anyone else."  Because of salary caps, free agency and a draft that favors inferior teams, there is built-in balance.  Watch any two teams just about every Sunday and you'll see examples of it.  With that in mind, it puts in perspective, a record of winning seasons every year for 12 years.  That is HARD to do.  Many sit on their couch and think its a lot easier than it is.

it is not all gloom and doom for the Steelers, cut, Ben, Haden and let Bell walk 17 + 7 + 14 = 38, + 5 the Steelers are now under the salary cap this year. that is 43 million the Steelers could be under the salary in 2019, not counting if the Nfl raises the cap in 2019.

Watch Tomlin and the front office throw Butler under the bus next off season.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 3:43 am

Steelers have underacieved for a number of years now. Add in the drama and disciplinary issues and there should be concern with the coaching. Let’s see how the season plays out. Hopefully Tomlin and the Steelers turn it around, like this Monday. But if they don’t and the Steelers miss the playoffs maybe the Steelers should take a hard look at making changes for next season. Sometimes a coaching change pays big dividends like it did for the LA Rams and Sean McVay - in one season going from doormat to playoff team. That wasn’t by accident, McVay brought a new culture to the team after Fisher left and it made a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fire the coach   fire the coach - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

fire the coach
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3