Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBought a PS4 Pro Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bought a PS4 Pro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Bought a PS4 Pro Empty
PostSubject: Bought a PS4 Pro   Bought a PS4 Pro EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:37 am

So Sony and I have had a weird relationship since the PS4 came about. I think I've owned about 3-4 different PS4 systems. I would basically have a game that came out for it that I really wanted to play, so I'd buy a system thinking that I'd keep it in the long run. Then there'd be a dry spell for exclusives that I wanted to play so I'd end up selling my system instead of letting it sit around to collect dust.

Finally with games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, and God of War being out I couldn't resist getting another Playstation. With the Resident Evil 2 Remake coming out in January, I thought it proper to get a PS4 as well, as I have so many fond memories playing the original RE2 on the Playstation back in the day. That's not even mentioning that The Last of Us 2 will be coming out in the future as well.

So I bought a PS4 Pro, since I have a 4K UHD TV, and already have the Xbox One X, I figured I might as well go all out, and this time I actually plan on keeping the system for the long haul. So far I'm really enjoying it. All three of the games I picked up (Horizon, God of War, and Spider-Man) are absolutely amazing experiences. I am starting to see why Sony fanboys harp about the "Exclusives" on the PS4 so much. It really is a shame that the Xbox (which I still love, and still find to be the superior hardware) doesn't have as many first party exclusives as the Playstation does.

Graphically speaking 4K (Checkerboarded on the PS4 Pro) looks pretty damned good and it takes someone pretty nitpicky about their graphics to notice a real difference between checkerboarding and Native 4K. All three of my games are 4K HDR compatible and look stunning running on the Pro's hardware. That being said I still like the Native 4K (most of the time) capability of the Xbox One X which is undeniably the more powerful system overall.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ

Bought a PS4 Pro
Page 1 of 1