Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow we won the bye week Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How we won the bye week

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
solardave
Stella Nation
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

How we won the bye week Empty
PostSubject: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 am

We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT
- The Bengals got blown out
- The Ravens lost because Tucker missed the first extra point of his career with 24 seconds on the clock denying them OT
- We took the lead in the North because of all the losses
- And as a bonus the Cowboys lost after their kicker hit the goal post in the dying seconds

Bye weeks can be good How we won the bye week 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 7:22 am

Stella Nation wrote:
We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT
- The Ravens lost because Tucker missed the first extra point of his career with 24 seconds on the clock denying them OT
- And as a bonus the Cowboys lost after their kicker hit the goal post in the dying seconds

Don't forget the Jags lost. How we won the bye week 1647293567

Now all they have to do is beat the Browns next Sunday in a convincing manner to begin to regain our trust.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT

Now all they have to do is beat the Browns next Sunday in a convincing manner to begin to regain our trust.

As it turns out it will be the first place Steelers vs. last place Browns...

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 am

We need to take advantage of our good fortune. Get healthy, come out and beat the shit out of the Browns and Ravens. The rest of our schedule is a gauntlet, and we really have to nail the division down.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 11:52 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT

in a convincing manner How we won the bye week 3562723908 How we won the bye week 1664291743 How we won the bye week 1549491426 to regain our trust How we won the bye week 1797695198 How we won the bye week 2573146105 How we won the bye week 312503953

I'll be happy with a final drive one point win, you know the Steeler way. How we won the bye week 3798349058

I think its like 24 games since the Browns have won an away game.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Cincy at home vs Tampa Bay next week and Ravens at Carolina. Carolina has a shot to beat Ravens not so sure about TB beating Cincy. Another loss by each starts to give us some ground in between if Steelers beat Cleveland

The remaining 10 games have 5 I'd consider tough: @ Balt, vs. Carolina, vs. Chargers, vs. Pats*, @ NO. At least 3 of those games are at home. Jax doesn't feel as tough as it did at the start of season.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 2:19 pm

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT

That was a great one too indeed Twisted Evil Does Jalen Ramsey still believe Bortles is a great QB? How we won the bye week 3562723908
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 1:44 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT

That was a great one too indeed Twisted Evil Does Jalen Ramsey still believe Bortles is a great QB? How we won the bye week 3562723908

I must admit, watching that team implode and reading the articles about there being some kind of divide among the players has been quite enjoyable for me. As much as those clowns ran their mouths last season, they suck this season.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:14 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT

I must admit, watching that team implode and reading the articles about there being some kind of divide among the players has been quite enjoyable for me. As much as those clowns ran their mouths last season, they suck this season.

I'd bet Ramsey is right in the middle of the drama. Doesn't matter I just hope by the time we play them they "play down to their competition". How we won the bye week 2981382511
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
We didn't play but:
- The Browns lost in OT

I'd bet Ramsey is right in the middle of the drama. Doesn't matter I just hope by the time we play them they "play down to their competition". How we won the bye week 2981382511

Knowing our luck with them as of late that's when Leonard Fournette will decide he wants to play football again and they'll kick our asses...

I sincerely hope we give them a beating the likes of which they won't forget. The way they acted last year, all big and bad like they haven't been the bottom of the barrel for years and years just pissed me off.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Unleash hell? Anyone? If you will? The standard being the standard.... etc etc etc...
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 4:32 am

Steelers really start out slow after a bye week this is why I'll be glad with a last drive win in this up coming game against the Browns.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 11:07 am

I feel like the team is gelling more with the uncertainty around Conner as the featured back behind them. They now know they can trust him to win games and the rest of the team needs to do their job individually as well. The game this week needs to be a loud one, at home, with foot on the throttle/necks of the Browns.

No mercy Johnny...sweep the leg.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
I feel like the team is gelling more with the uncertainty around Conner as the featured back behind them.  They now know they can trust him to win games and the rest of the team needs to do their job individually as well.  The game this week needs to be a loud one, at home, with foot on the throttle/necks of the Browns.  

No mercy Johnny...sweep the leg.

Exactly! They can no longer sit back with 14 point lead and think it's ok. If up by 14, then get up by 21. If up by 21, then get up by 28.

Beat them in to submission!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION How we won the bye week 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 am

I watched KC up by 21 on Cincy still playing like they were all tied up. It wouldn't matter to me if Ben had to throw on 3rd & 8 to pick up a first down regardless of how much we were ahead. No mercy is right because we don't know when our defense is going to take a nap.

I wouldn't worry about other coaches complaining that we ran the score up. They'd get over it.

I just hope we get out ahead early and do whatever is necessary to stay there and keep the penalties to a minimum.

I read that Hugh Jackson is talking about taking over some of the offense so what does that say about Haley? I'd love to see someone pick one of Haley's called bubble screens off and take it to the house.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 am

todd-haley-working-on-his-play-calls-18148334.png (500×397)
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:46 pm

solardave wrote:
I watched KC up by 21 on Cincy still playing like they were all tied up. It wouldn't matter to me if Ben had to throw on 3rd & 8 to pick up a first down regardless of how much we were ahead. No mercy is right because we don't know when our defense is going to take a nap.

I wouldn't worry about other coaches complaining that we ran the score up. They'd get over it.

I just hope we get out ahead early and do whatever is necessary to stay there and keep the penalties to a minimum.

I read that Hugh Jackson is talking about taking over some of the offense so what does that say about Haley? I'd love to see someone pick one of Haley's called bubble screens off and take it to the house.

In today’s NFL there simply is no such thing as “running up the score” any coach complaining of that is simply brain dead at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How we won the bye week   How we won the bye week Empty

Back to top Go down

How we won the bye week
Page 1 of 1