Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats

Go down 
+3
effyou515
Great Randino
stlrtruck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats Empty
PostSubject: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 8:13 am

This game was pure dominance.

I'm sure some of us will find a few goats along the way though.

Put em out there.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 8:19 am

Some of my goats are going to be tongue-in-cheek, some will not. In all honesty, when the goats are what I've listed you know it was one helluva game.

Goats:
Artie Burns: a flawless defensive performance ruined because you don't know how to cover a man
Jordan Berry: you didn't punt until late in the 4th and you couldn't put your leg in to it. One job man, you have one job!
O-line: Is there a reason you couldn't get Conner his 100 yards before half time?
AB: 100+ mph? Seriously? Wherever you were taking Bell, you could've taken your time.

Gameballs:
Fichtner: a game plan put to perfection execution
Butler: apparently he saw things on tape, and inserted it in to the game plan
Ben: He didn't force the ball, he took what the defense gave him
Conner: He didn't get 100 yards, but he's proving to everyone why he belongs in the league
Ju-Ju: One play, 75 yards, and a TD. Hey defenders, we have more than AB
Defense: after the opening drive, they shut the Panthers down except for garbage time

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 9:30 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Some of my goats are going to be tongue-in-cheek, some will not.  In all honesty, when the goats are what I've listed you know it was one helluva game.

Goats:
Artie Burns: a flawless defensive performance ruined because you don't know how to cover a man
Jordan Berry: you didn't punt until late in the 4th and you couldn't put your leg in to it.  One job man, you have one job!
O-line: Is there a reason you couldn't get Conner his 100 yards before half time?
AB: 100+ mph?  Seriously?  Wherever you were taking Bell, you could've taken your time.

Gameballs:
Fichtner: a game plan put to perfection execution
Butler: apparently he saw things on tape, and inserted it in to the game plan
Ben: He didn't force the ball, he took what the defense gave him
Conner: He didn't get 100 yards, but he's proving to everyone why he belongs in the league
Ju-Ju: One play, 75 yards, and a TD.  Hey defenders, we have more than AB
Defense: after the opening drive, they shut the Panthers down except for garbage time

You had me laughing at some of those! Especially AB.

Here's a gameball candidate to consider: How about Boswell for hitting a 50 yarder and getting back on track? He's been such a reliable kicker for us but has had a rough year. Great to see him get back on track.

Comment on the Butler entry: apparently he saw a lot on tape. I also have to add: he's starting to get the defense on track. Not perfect by any means, but I'm seeing a difference and I'm liking it.
Fichtner: He's got the offense clicking on all cylinders. What a great job he's done!

Tomlin: His interaction with players is golden. You see him go over to players like Conner, when he was down about not being able to play. Of course we don't know what is being said, but there's a reason players like to play for him.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 12:17 pm

everybody gets a game ball, everybody on the board gets a game ball. Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Game Balls:

Ben had one of his best games ever so why not give him one.

Connor gets stronger after he crosses the scrimmage line.

O line. I'm pretty sure on 2 plays Ben started and finished a novel.

Defense looked average on the first drive but made Cam think maybe he had a hemorrhoid. They were on his ass all night. 5 sacks ties the Vikings for the team lead.

Boswell for making everything.

Berry. I give him one because there was one extra point that the snap was terrible but he got it setup with about 1/2 second to spare. Good job that sometime we take for granted.

Nix for forcing the fumble.

Goats:

Zebras again. I counted 3 blocks in the back and 2 holding non-calls against the Panthers.

People I feel sorry for:

If it were a tight game I wouldn't say this but I felt bad for Burns. I think he has a head injury. Every time he screws up it sticks in his head and he can't seem to get past it.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Gameballs:

• Everyone wearing black and gold.
  • Zebra stripes. I'll admit it, there were some favorable calls that went our way, and some favorable no calls either.

Picky Goats:

• Artie Burns. In trash time, he gets burned and takes a PI. That was a zero pressure situation, and he still got burned. I'm seriously thinking he isn't going to make it back from his regression.
  • Pass D in general. There were drives where the Panthers moved the ball at will for a while. Made it too easy.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 4:24 pm

jak341 wrote:
Artie Burns. In trash time, he gets burned and takes a PI. That was a zero pressure situation, and he still got burned. I'm seriously thinking he isn't going to make it back from his regression.

Reminds me of Cortez Allen. Good one year then completely fell off

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 9:20 am

Gameballs:

Fichtner: This offense is a joy to watch
Tomlin: Another good gameplan and this on a short week
Butler: Great adjustments in putting pressure on Newton
Ben: What a game: short passes, long passes, spreading the balls and some nice runs
O-Line: Great pass protection and opening some nice running lines against a good running D
Defense, especially VW with a pick 6 and a sack. The front 7 doing a nice job
Boswell: a 50-yard fg and all XP made, hopefully this gets him going.

No goats for me today.

Also, not necessarily deserving a game ball, but Sean Davis is quietly having an excellent season so far. He goes very much unnoticed, but as you watch him closely he is very consistent. No missed tackles and he cleans up a lot of missed tackles of other players. He doesn't allow any yards after catch or when the RB breaks into the backfield. The switch to FS worked out very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats   Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers v black kitties: Gameballs and Goats
Page 1 of 1